User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House republican mass shooting strategy revealed in leaked memo: Blame the left, mini

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

House republican mass shooting strategy revealed in leaked memo: Blame the left, mini

I read an interesting article regarding a leaked memo from the GOP regarding how to channel blame on the recent spate of mass shootings plaguing the country. In an effort to distance themselves from the issue, House Republicans are urging that blame be placed upon left. They also are attempting to downplay the role of white supremacy. This is especially important for the party since elections for the presidency are forthcoming next year.

"A recently leaked memo from House Republicans shows that the GOP is urging its politicians to blame recent mass shootings on the left, while downplaying the role of white supremacy.
    According to the Tampa Bay Times, who obtained the memo, the document offers talking points in response to common questions Republican representatives may face after the recent mass shootings.
    The paper describes most of the offered responses as "boilerplate Republican arguments against tougher gun restrictions." However, the Times spotlights the answer the memo suggests in response to the question "Do you believe white nationalism is driving more mass shootings recently?"

https://www.newsweek.com/house-repub...-white-1454838

All I can say is that this is typical election year politics.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it frightening that a political party would put out talking points.

Good thing we have never seen that before.. Russia Collusion, Climate Change, Gay Rights, Manufactured Crisis, Trump is Racist, Gun Show Loop hole, Income inequality, etc. etc.. all talking points of the left.

Btw the cited article is from Newsweek..so there is that too..
    @gamewell45 the Chairman smiles down on you for your efforts

Mao.jpg
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (08-18-2019),Peter1469 (08-18-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,358x in 27,930 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    I read an interesting article regarding a leaked memo from the GOP regarding how to channel blame on the recent spate of mass shootings plaguing the country. In an effort to distance themselves from the issue, House Republicans are urging that blame be placed upon left. They also are attempting to downplay the role of white supremacy. This is especially important for the party since elections for the presidency are forthcoming next year.

"A recently leaked memo from House Republicans shows that the GOP is urging its politicians to blame recent mass shootings on the left, while downplaying the role of white supremacy.
    According to the Tampa Bay Times, who obtained the memo, the document offers talking points in response to common questions Republican representatives may face after the recent mass shootings.
    The paper describes most of the offered responses as "boilerplate Republican arguments against tougher gun restrictions." However, the Times spotlights the answer the memo suggests in response to the question "Do you believe white nationalism is driving more mass shootings recently?"

The Constitution offers sufficient "boilerplate" arguments against targeting citizens who have committed no crimes.

White supremacy is made up by leftists for their nefarious purposes. It barely exists in the real world.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (08-18-2019),Peter1469 (08-18-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    I find it frightening that a political party would put out talking points.

Good thing we have never seen that before.. Russia Collusion, Climate Change, Gay Rights, Manufactured Crisis, Trump is Racist, Gun Show Loop hole, Income inequality, etc. etc.. all talking points of the left.

Btw the cited article is from Newsweek..so there is that too..
    @gamewell45 the Chairman smiles down on you for your efforts

Attachment 26529
    Your viewpoint is duly noted @Admiral Ackbar. It just shows you where the republicans are coming from on this issue.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great link. Little Tucker placed on leave for claiming White Supremacy is a hoax? Aww, that's too bad, and what an a-hole.

Republicans can't possibly link this clown to the left - But it isn't the looniest thing they've tried I guess.

The El Paso shooter, identified as Patrick Crusius, killed 22 people at a Walmart. In statements to police, Crusius said he was targeting "Mexicans." A manifesto linked with Crusius posted to 8chan ranted against the "Hispanic invasion of Texas" and argued for the murder of Latinx immigrants.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Thanks for the great link. Little Tucker placed on leave for claiming White Supremacy is a hoax? Aww, that's too bad, and what an a-hole.

Republicans can't possibly link this clown to the left - But it isn't the looniest thing they've tried I guess.

The El Paso shooter, identified as Patrick Crusius, killed 22 people at a Walmart. In statements to police, Crusius said he was targeting "Mexicans." A manifesto linked with Crusius posted to 8chan ranted against the "Hispanic invasion of Texas" and argued for the murder of Latinx immigrants.
    The El Paso shooter was clearly on your team. We have already discussed it.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,704
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,310x in 8,305 Posts
    Mentioned
    669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    The El Paso shooter was clearly on your team. We have already discussed it.
    Yeah sure - But whatever blows your skirt up

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Yeah sure - But whatever blows your skirt up
    Nearly everything he wrote could have been written by you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-18-2019)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,771x in 13,680 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post

I guarantee, if this story is even true, and that's a big IF, your charaterization of it is grossly misleading. And that is typical of the leftist loonery these days.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I guarantee, if this story is even true, and that's a big IF, your charaterization of it is grossly misleading. And that is typical of the leftist loonery these days.

Care to elaborate as to why you take the position you are taking?

+ Reply to Thread