Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Stop it. You are being silly. So..... they aren't owned and/or funded by the Russian government? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sputnik_(news_agency) Read the WikiLeaks thread under "criticism" - A January 2017 report by The Swedish Institute of International Affairs found that Swedish language version of Sputnik News was one of the main tools by which the Russian government spread false information in Sweden. According to the report, Sputnik News focused on highly negative stories about NATO and the EU, in particular. Foreign Policy magazine has described Sputnik as a slick and internet-savvy outlet of Kremlin propaganda, which "remixes President Vladimir Putin's brand of revanchist nationalism for an international audience... beating a predictable drum of anti-Western rhetoric."[5] Such views were also voiced by the Washington DC-based think tank[29] Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA), which argues that Sputnik spreads biased information. In the opinion of CEPA, Sputnik invites only a select group of commenting politicians, especially those known for their pro-Russian views.[6] According to Kevin Rothrock, Russia editor for Global Voices, Sputnik "acts as a spoiler to try and disrupt or blur information unfriendly to Russia, such as Russian troops' alleged involvement in the war in Ukraine".[30] Historical comparisons have been made to Pravda, once the official newspaper of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, in particular Sputnik's alleged apologia for Joseph Stalin and denial of the 1932–1933 famine in Ukraine known as the Holodomor.[31] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network) Read the facts: The New Republic writer James Kirchick accused the network of "often virulent anti-Americanism, worshipful portrayal of Russian leaders."[217] Edward Lucas wrote in The Economist (quoted in Al Jazeera English) that the core of RT was "anti-Westernism."[190] Julia Ioffe wrote "Often, it seemed that Russia Today was just a way to stick it to the U.S. from behind the façade of legitimate newsgathering."[13] Shaun Walker wrote in The Independent that RT "has made a name for itself as a strident critic of US policy."[218] Allesandra Stanley wrote in The New York Times that RT is "like the Voice of America, only with more money and a zesty anti-American slant."[62] David Weigel writes that RT goes further than merely creating distrust of the United States government, to saying, in effect: "You can trust the Russians more than you can trust those $#@!s."[46]
    I hope you realize the The Wiki consists entirely of contributions . Even you or I can contribute information to the Wikipedia..........do you have any credible links to offer ?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,048x in 24,878 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    I hope you realize the The Wiki consists entirely of contributions . Even you or I can contribute information to the Wikipedia..........do you have any credible links to offer ?
    I hope you realize that all the links are there in wiki, comrade. You can sell this crap elsewhere, we're not buying it here comrade, PJL.

urban pointing.gif
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When one gazes across the landscape of US mainstream media outlets , it becomes obvious why Sputniknews was created . It had to be , to save the world from drowning in fake news.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

donttread (08-19-2019),The Sage of Main Street (08-19-2019)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    Up Shiite's Creek

All the time the Heirguardsman and Darth Evader were dimly focused on Saddam (a major enemy of Iran until he got hanged), Iran had been encircling Mecca from Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, and probably Sudan and Jordan. Reacting to the cowboys by herding sheep, the Manchurian Madrassian then tried to buy them off, but Nazislamis have always reacted to appeasement as a sign of weakness and a go-ahead signal.

I would understand your posts better is you used their actual names instead of these juvenile monikers.
    You can still disagree or even hate someone if you spell their name correctly.
    It takes nothing away from your point.

What DOES take away from your point is using all these silly and juvenile monikers.
    Now i have no idea who or what you are talking about.

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when the Russkies thought we had staged grocery stores?

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...ar-5759129.php

Russian Grocery store at the same time:

Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When one gazes across the landscape of US mainstream media outlets , it becomes obvious why Sputniknews was created . It had to be , to save the world from drowning in fake news.
    So..... comrade.... those two entities aren't Russian Government owned and/or funded?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Achievements:
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    So..... comrade.... those two entities aren't Russian Government owned and/or funded?
    Russian owned , as far as I know . A good idea for America(and Aus ), considering the mess that private ownership has dished up......private ownership always has agendas to push , and have proven to be unworthy of being transparent and honest in their editorial coverage.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PJL For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (08-19-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russian owned , as far as I know . A good idea for America(and Aus ), considering the mess that private ownership has dished up......private ownership always has agendas to push , and have proven to be unworthy of being transparent and honest in their editorial coverage.
    Now you're just being silly. Government has NO agenda to push....

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I would understand your posts better is you used their actual names instead of these juvenile monikers.
    You can still disagree or even hate someone if you spell their name correctly.
    It takes nothing away from your point.

What DOES take away from your point is using all these silly and juvenile monikers.
    Now i have no idea who or what you are talking about.
    Clunker Rancor From an Anchor-Clanker

Of course you know exactly whom I am referring to; you just want to put me in my place. There are no ranks on the Internet, Chief. If there were, I'd rank all of us as active-duty media and the professional jurinalists as actors dressed up in costumes to make them look like real media.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,768
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,010x in 10,722 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Longwar Journal should be compelled to supply links to verify their assertions......it sounds like biased propaganda to me.....at least Sputniknews and RT are recognized global news outlets , not just idealog websites.
    Their links are found in their website and embedded in the story I provided that you did not read. You weren't aware of these Red Sea remote controlled boats, you weren't aware of Houthi drone and missile strikes. Thus gave us a one sided ideologue's(you) opinion. I used credible sources to show there are several sides of this story that never get told by you media puppets. I thought I'd help out.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (08-19-2019),The Sage of Main Street (08-20-2019)

+ Reply to Thread