Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Of course she lied. She claimed her heritage as "Native American" on her college application, yet she could never locate a Native American ancestor through her genealogy, much less a Cherokee, and she still can't. Her DNA test showed she has a trace of Native American blood, ranging from 1/64th to 1/1024th. Somewhere, way back when, who knows where, someone with a hint of Native American blood entered her ancestral line, but she cannot identify when and where, so of course she lied.
    She states that when she was a child she was told that she had some Indian ancestry, and that proved to be true. What does the fact that she can't identify the individual who brought that DNA into her family line have to do with it? Some branches of my family tree I can trace - thanks to my late uncle - back to the 17th Century; with others, the information peters out after four or five generations. Does that mean I'm not descended from those people whom I can't name?

Family traditions have a way of being pretty on the mark. When I was a kid, I was told that my maternal grandfather's ancestor came to America by ship as an orphan, though who he was and when, exactly, it happened was unknown. Many years later, I discovered that my ancestor had, in fact, been brought to America from France after his Huguenot parents were killed in the persecutions of that sect under Louis XV.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is almost mind numbing how Don's defenders will scream like crazy about something that Warren said and demand she apologize and resign or not run for POTUS all the while defending Don's lies about a Michigan Man of the Year award (which doesn't exist). No demand for an apology, no demand he resign.
    I give Warren kudos for at least trying to make things right.
    Anyone wanna bet Don will do the same?
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,494x in 2,835 Posts
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminO View Post
    It is almost mind numbing how Don's defenders will scream like crazy about something that Warren said and demand she apologize and resign or not run for POTUS all the while defending Don's lies about a Michigan Man of the Year award (which doesn't exist). No demand for an apology, no demand he resign.
    He wouldn't. He won't. The double standard is in full effect.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ripmeister For This Useful Post:

BenjaminO (08-20-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll notice she says "Indian," and I'm pretty sure PC folks no longer say that -- but rather use the term "Native American." She'll probably catch some grief over that.

PC folks do mostly say "Native American".

Indians mostly say "Indian".
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (08-20-2019),MisterVeritis (08-20-2019),Standing Wolf (08-20-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    She states that when she was a child she was told that she had some Indian ancestry, and that proved to be true. What does the fact that she can't identify the individual who brought that DNA into her family line have to do with it? Some branches of my family tree I can trace - thanks to my late uncle - back to the 17th Century; with others, the information peters out after four or five generations. Does that mean I'm not descended from those people whom I can't name?
    The memories of the rest of her family are sketchy at best. One cousin thought they might have Indian blood, another thought their grandfather shot at an Indian but never heard about Indian lineage. Both of Warren's parents identified as "white" on the Census.

It would make no difference except that Warren registered as a minority. If a person is 99% white and 1% Asian, should that person register as a white person or a Asian person? Same with Warren. To register as a Native American was deceitful. Dishonest. But, she has now apologized and that's something.

Family traditions have a way of being pretty on the mark. When I was a kid, I was told that my maternal grandfather's ancestor came to America by ship as an orphan, though who he was and when, exactly, it happened was unknown. Many years later, I discovered that my ancestor had, in fact, been brought to America from France after his Huguenot parents were killed in the persecutions of that sect under Louis XV.
    That's actually pretty cool history. Do you know how old he was?

On my father's side, I have an ancestor who fought and died in the Revolutionary War. Speaking of orphans, here in Kansas, quite a few folks are descended from children who rode the Orphan Train. One of my Czech ancestors adopted a little girl who was five years old in the early 20s. The next year they took her back and got a different child. The first girl didn't learn to speak English, I guess. How cold is that?
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminO View Post
    I know nothing about the award you're talking about. This thread is about Elizabeth Warren and her deception. Try to stay on topic.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,020x in 2,185 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So she said she was an Indian, her DNA indicates that she has some small percentage of Indian blood, and that's lying.

Okay. Makes perfect sense.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,470x in 36,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The memories of the rest of her family are sketchy at best. One cousin thought they might have Indian blood, another thought their grandfather shot at an Indian but never heard about Indian lineage. Both of Warren's parents identified as "white" on the Census.

It would make no difference except that Warren registered as a minority. If a person is 99% white and 1% Asian, should that person register as a white person or a Asian person? Same with Warren. To register as a Native American was deceitful. Dishonest. But, she has now apologized and that's something.

That's actually pretty cool history. Do you know how old he was?

On my father's side, I have an ancestor who fought and died in the Revolutionary War. Speaking of orphans, here in Kansas, quite a few folks are descended from children who rode the Orphan Train. One of my Czech ancestors adopted a little girl who was five years old in the early 20s. The next year they took her back and got a different child. The first girl didn't learn to speak English, I guess. How cold is that?
    She apologized because she got caught. Warren speak with forked tongue!
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (08-20-2019),MisterVeritis (08-20-2019),Peter1469 (08-20-2019)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    .... That's actually pretty cool history. Do you know how old he was?
    It's all written down somewhere at the house, but I don't recall exactly. Under the age of ten, I think.

Honestly, there were times when my various kids were growing up when I would have welcomed the opportunity to take them back somewhere and "get a different child".

Yes, that's pretty cold, but hopefully it worked out for the best for everyone concerned.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (08-20-2019)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about the award you're talking about. This thread is about Elizabeth Warren and her deception. Try to stay on topic.
    No one knows about the award Don claims to have received because Don lied.
    It doesn't exist.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

+ Reply to Thread