User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina Governor Vetoes Anti-Sanctuary Bill After Illegal Alien Charged With R

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,726x in 6,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    The farmers want low cost labor. That is available with migrant workers. Many of those migrants are illegal aliens. So they are supporting the sanctuary system for their own interest. Do they hire them because they are brown welfare recipients? No, of course not, they hire them because they are cheap and don't complain about working conditions. They don't "want to replace working Americans" they want to hire someone to work their fields or slaughter their hogs. Americans, between better conditions from either welfare or better paying jobs, don't want to work in the fields. They have better things to do. However, I do believe welfare has destroyed the work incentive for millions of Americans. I have always said welfare should be "tiered" rather than all or nothing. Then workers can earn enough to survive until they gain experience and move up the ladder. I would envision a $1.00 drop in welfare for every $2.00 increase in income until they have passed twice the top welfare amount.

BTW, I don't think illegals vote in huge numbers. I do think they are counted as citizens and that increases the size of the House of Representatives in favor of the Democrats. This was the same issue in the counting of slaves as whole human beings before the War Between the States.

Don't put words into my post.
    Illegals are counted as persons. Citizenship has nothing to do withe Census.

'Slaves were counted as 3/5 a person for the House.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our freedom and our society and our morals.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (08-23-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 35,925x in 26,877 Posts
    Mentioned
    439 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanbforrest45 View Post
    North Carolina has some huge pockets of extreme liberalism in cities like Asheville, Charlotte, Raleigh who would gladly support the veto. Furthermore, there are large farms that relies on migrant workers. Also you need to include the tourist areas that need low wage hotel staff to keep up profits. No, I would think this will not be hotly contested in the state.
    They aren't "huge" pockets of liberalism. Also who says that migrant workers or hotel workers need to be illegal aliens?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,416x in 9,630 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand any of this. Isn't this a direct violation of federal law in the first place?

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    alexa's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,010x in 2,180 Posts
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I don't understand any of this. Isn't this a direct violation of federal law in the first place?
    No, and the detainers have been held to be unconstitutional in several federal courts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alexa For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (08-23-2019)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,446x in 5,459 Posts
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    No, and the detainers have been held to be unconstitutional in several federal courts.
    The Feds are upset because extra-Constitutional requests/demands had been, for many years, acceded to by local law enforcement and now - not so much. When Maricopa County's Joe "The Toughest Sheriff in America" Arpaio was finally voted out and a new Sheriff took office, the County Attorney advised him that detaining prisoners past their scheduled release date without a court order would place him and the county in legal jeopardy - advice Arpaio had always ignored - and the new Sheriff followed through by halting the process; he was immediately accused by some of making Phoenix a "sanctuary city", as though following the law makes someone the bad guy.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

"All three of my kids are adopted, and I'm always telling them, 'Don't ever get high and sign things'." - Paula Poundstone

+ Reply to Thread