Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Well stated by one doing exactly as he wrote.
    Not really.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Private Pickle (08-23-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,113x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    Well stated by one doing exactly as he wrote.
    A fine example you make Sir! You simply cannot find any middle-ground whatsoever so you're left with one of two options. Either not responding or attacking the individual. I noticed you didn't disagree with anything with the OP rather directed your "opinions" to the posters. Could that be perhaps because you don't have a response to the OP? Or maybe because you are above all of this that you wouldn't deign yourself to a reasonable response?

We are all hinging on your reply.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    zachroidott's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 566x in 460 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yea, just what we need now, another navel-gazing thread talking about how great the OP is while everyone else is the problem.
    I think you’re great!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zachroidott For This Useful Post:

Private Pickle (08-23-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    Yoda. His best work.

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Not really.
    Oh come now! You did indeed do exactly what I wrote! Oh wait...

-Darth Vader

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zachroidott View Post
    I think you’re great!
    Honestly I think he is great too. Extremely intelligent. Super intuitive.

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,505x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    I'm trying to bring awareness to a Forum of individuals who are deeply entrenched in a political stance which is immovable. Hence this thread is probably a complete waste of time.

However; I am a non-leftist who is not in Trump's base. To many here that means I'm a neocon who is hell bent on invading Idon'tcareistan and to others it means I'm a baby killing traitor.

I'm extremely proud to be called a left-wing nut in one thread while accused of being a right-wing nut in another. This is the internet after all. It doesn't attract the type of individual you can sit down with at a bar and have a decent political discussion with and walk away feeling somewhat enlightened or educated.

This is a place, or at least has become a place, where the fringe on both sides can come together and attack each other with insults, opinions that are passed off as facts, name call and get all of their frustrations out online when they know they can't do so in real life.

A recent thread was started on how this Forum was awesome because it used to be a place where decent political discussion took place and it was ridiculed and dismissed. That poster was right. That was an awesome time in this Forum's history. Alas history is as it is and while we can blame Obama for his divisive policies or Trump for his the reality is that this Forum has digressed but could be better.

Unfortunately it would take severe moderation. Moderation that would include a hawk's eye on "snark". Nipping it in the bud and getting the thread back on topic even if it meant ending the thread. I think the Mods do the job they can with what they have to work with. Maintaining membership while also maintaining the members that inspire posts. We all know I can take a 3 page thread and turn it into 30.

Many of you will say like @countryboy did that I am a "Master Contrarian". Perhaps that is because I don't fit into a specific political typecast that is acceptable these days. I'm cool with that. I wear it as a badge of honor. Not only am I making hacks on both the left and right gnash their teeth but I'm also making money for the Forum.

Let's not fool ourselves in thinking that the owners of this Forum aren't completely happy that we are at each other's throat. .
    I smile.

Interesting. After the beatdown I put on one of my liberal friends earlier this week its quite apparent straddling the fence is
    The only safe haven for the ideologically challenged. There was nothing he could say about the economy , debt, defecits,, unemployment .corporate tax rates etc that i couldn't pick apart in short order. Whan a liberal tries me on finance I know instantly i am going to win. Reason: if they had a thorough understanding of
    Finance they prolly wouldnt be a liberal. When they are beginning to understand like me or not you do not withstand 27 years of a very brutal series of exams that are designed to.weed out the weak links , genetically challenged etc. There are some that love no hold's barred social darwanistic psychos that could not care lesa if a few co workers were driven to hells gas and dropped off. Its enjoyable to be an island of survival with your princess. Ok..forr brevity sake im skipping to the end .
    Pickle, I hava also noticed a climate with ess micro management. I wish i had kniown of the plan to change the plan. It seems that we are being allowed to actually say what we mean as opposed tI say nothing that will.offend the snowflakes or socially inept. I assume we are part of a social experment. Myself and a handful of others walked the walk. It was nice not having to tiptoe on race.
    Pickle. Do you have some inside info youd like to share.with the class? You suggest in your knowledge that you hear things but do not understand it. That's ok, parrots need wuv too. Have a good morning.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-28-2019),MMC (08-28-2019),Peter1469 (08-24-2019),Ransom (08-28-2019)

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sam's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 51x in 37 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    I'm trying to bring awareness to a Forum of individuals who are deeply entrenched in a political stance which is immovable. Hence this thread is probably a complete waste of time.

However; I am a non-leftist who is not in Trump's base. To many here that means I'm a neocon who is hell bent on invading Idon'tcareistan and to others it means I'm a baby killing traitor.

I'm extremely proud to be called a left-wing nut in one thread while accused of being a right-wing nut in another. This is the internet after all. It doesn't attract the type of individual you can sit down with at a bar and have a decent political discussion with and walk away feeling somewhat enlightened or educated.

This is a place, or at least has become a place, where the fringe on both sides can come together and attack each other with insults, opinions that are passed off as facts, name call and get all of their frustrations out online when they know they can't do so in real life.

A recent thread was started on how this Forum was awesome because it used to be a place where decent political discussion took place and it was ridiculed and dismissed. That poster was right. That was an awesome time in this Forum's history. Alas history is as it is and while we can blame Obama for his divisive policies or Trump for his the reality is that this Forum has digressed but could be better.

Unfortunately it would take severe moderation. Moderation that would include a hawk's eye on "snark". Nipping it in the bud and getting the thread back on topic even if it meant ending the thread. I think the Mods do the job they can with what they have to work with. Maintaining membership while also maintaining the members that inspire posts. We all know I can take a 3 page thread and turn it into 30.

Many of you will say like @countryboy did that I am a "Master Contrarian". Perhaps that is because I don't fit into a specific political typecast that is acceptable these days. I'm cool with that. I wear it as a badge of honor. Not only am I making hacks on both the left and right gnash their teeth but I'm also making money for the Forum.

Let's not fool ourselves in thinking that the owners of this Forum aren't completely happy that we are at each other's throat.
    I smile.
    Sounds a lot like Topix...sigh..
    Persian Gulf 1990-1991

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sam's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 51x in 37 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a huge fan of Trump...he's an A-hole...but that's just what we need now...he's actually fixing stuff. The establishment of BOTH parties never fix a damn thing...they just draw a 6 figure paycheck...
    Persian Gulf 1990-1991

+ Reply to Thread