Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    There's just something about the feeling it invokes, right?
    Yes for sure. I know for me it really comes from my childhood memories of fall. They are the most warm memories. That cool crisp in the air. Wearing that cozy sweater. Seeing the warm beautiful colors everywhere. The way the leaves fall so slowly dancing toward the earth. They are really magical memories.

As a child seasons seemed to last a lifetime. That season was all there was. You weren't thinking oh no winter is coming. No you were just experiencing the moment as it is in its totality. That is the beauty of the heart of a child. Then as we grow older we start to distinguish them as seasons. At my age they seem so fleeting. I don't even dread summer anymore because I know it wont last. Nothing stays the same, and it goes by so fast.

But to this day fall is my favorite season. It is colored by the most precious memories. I thoroughly enjoy it with my whole being. Going on fall walks are precious. On my birthday that is usually what I request as my gift. I don't want stuff, lets go pick up fall leaves and go on a walk somewhere. I want to play, I want to see the beauty of this world we live in, and enjoy the beauty of transformation.

To me that is what fall really evokes is the thought of impermanence and the magnificent beauty of it, if we just have the eyes to see it. The trees do not shed tears when its time for their leaves to fall. Instead they celebrate in the most magnificent way. They glow with such a brilliance, and we all get to share in the beauty of their transformation. When those leaves fall, they will become the nutrients that feed the tree next year. They will be back. Nothing ever really goes away. It is in constant transformation from one form to another. It is quite beautiful.

Here is a poem I wrote about a week ago.

A cold chill in the air
    Mother has bundled me all up
    Holding Mom's hand we walk
    I stop often picking up a leaf
    I kick them and play as I walk
    Splendid is the season
    Fall brings so many memories
    The smells
    The vivid colors
    The world is bathed in a glow
    The heart soars

Beautiful Autumn Tree Wallpaper.jpg
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 08-27-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

donttread (08-27-2019),Dr. Who (08-27-2019),FindersKeepers (08-27-2019),Helena (08-27-2019),Peter1469 (08-27-2019),Rooster (09-15-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Yes for sure. I know for me it really comes from my childhood memories of fall. They are the most warm memories. That cool crisp in the air. Wearing that cozy sweater. Seeing the warm beautiful colors everywhere. The way the leaves fall so slowly dancing toward the earth. They are really magical memories.

As a child seasons seemed to last a lifetime. That season was all there was. You weren't thinking oh no winter is coming. No you were just experiencing the moment as it is in its totality. That is the beauty of the heart of a child. Then as we grow older we start to distinguish them as seasons. At my age they seem so fleeting. I don't even dread summer anymore because I know it wont last. Nothing stays the same, and it goes by so fast.

But to this day fall is my favorite season. It is colored by the most precious memories. I thoroughly enjoy it with my whole being. Going on fall walks are precious. On my birthday that is usually what I request as my gift. I don't want stuff, lets go pick up fall leaves and go on a walk somewhere. I want to play, I want to see the beauty of this world we live in, and enjoy the beauty of transformation.

To me that is what fall really evokes is the thought of impermanence and the magnificent beauty of it, if we just have the eyes to see it. The trees do not shed tears when its time for their leaves to fall. Instead they celebrate in the most magnificent way. They glow with such a brilliance, and we all get to share in the beauty of their transformation. When those leaves fall, they will become the nutrients that feed the tree next year. They will be back. Nothing ever really goes away. It is in constant transformation from one form to another. It is quite beautiful.

Here is a poem I wrote about a week ago.

A cold chill in the air
    Mother has bundled me all up
    Holding Mom's hand we walk
    I stop often picking up a leaf
    I kick them and play as I walk
    Splendid is the season
    Fall brings so many memories
    The smells
    The vivid colors
    The world is bathed in a glow
    The heart soars

Attachment 26679
    What a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing it!

You've captured the very essence of the lure of autumn and the emotions it brings. I love it!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (08-27-2019),Rooster (09-15-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rooster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 119x in 74 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    An odd falling leaf, 48 degree night last night, an occasional high that doesn't hit 70 and of course the pace of days shortening has started to hasten.
    For my friend in Florida, although the temps are vastly different the implications are different too. For them, sure they'll miss the daylight but they will not miss the daily sauna that is summer in Florida.
    For us , despite actually enjoying the early fall and being ready for some football, it means that snow and ice and below zero temps, heating bills and shoveling are on the way. It gets tougher every year but we have no choice for a couple more years.

So what about you what do the early signs of fall mean to you?
    I'm a Frloridian and we look at fall as the harbinger of a blessed event. You had it right.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fall for me, college football, a little local HS football, finish my winter firewood supply, a couple Saturday dates at a very large flea market, have about 18 pieces I've made to sell. Also this fall (cooler weather) a new roof on ye ol house.

Fall, cooler weather, different chores.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have already had several morning in the 60s. Last year this time was the hottest of last year's summer.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread