Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Misandrists' Belief in Men's Unlimited Goodness

It has been claimed that one of the primary differences between Misandrists and Men's Human Rights Advocates (MRA) is that Misandrists have a strong belief in men's goodness, while MRAs do not share such belief. This claim seems counterintuitive and it has been vehemently denied by both Misandrists and MRAs. Nevertheless, having studied the subject thoroughly, I can attest to truthfulness of the above claim. Many MRAs do not believe in men's goodness. Misandrists have a strong belief in men's goodness. Extreme Misandrists have absolute belief in men's unlimited goodness.

In order to understand how Misandrists view men, we must analyze at some of their writings. One article published by San Diego City Beast, which is a respectable publication, is called ``Dear dudes, you’re all trash". This article explains that all men are complicit in Violence Against Women. An important point this article makes is that men must accept their trashiness in order to become less trashy:

No amount of unlearning will free them of their trashiness, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t their responsibility to get as close to zero in the trash scale as possible, especially if they insist they give a $#@!. Acknowledgement is the first step. Say it with me fellas: Men are trash. Now do something about it instead of arguing against it.

In a self-abusive article written by Dr. Yancy and published in New York Times, the author berates himself and other men for their complicity. He ends the article with the following order:

we, as men, need to join in the dialogue in ways that we have failed to in the past. We need to admit our roles in the larger problem of male violence against women. We need to tell the truth about ourselves.

In the article "Thanks for not raping us you 'good men'" published by Washington Post, the author brags about verbally abusing her husband, blames men for all social evils and writes "I announced that I hate all men and wish all men were dead." The author berates men for not organizing themselves into a powerful anti-male movement:

good men have not once organized their own mass movement to change themselves and their sons or to attack the meanspirited, teasing, punching thing that passes for male culture. Not once. $#@!s.

At first look, the aforementioned authors seem to deny men's goodness. On a deeper inspection, the aforementioned articles demonstrate the authors' strong belief in men's goodness and in men's almost unconditional loyalty. In order to understand the authors' belief in men's goodness, we must understand who is considered a good man. In a Traditional Society, men have a duty of being Protectors and Providers. In exchange men got Respect and perhaps some Privilege. In a Misandrist Society, men have an even stronger duty of being Protectors and Providers. In exchange men got Discrimination and an endless continuum of Abuse and Vilification.

The authors of the articles cited above are certain that the vast majority of men possess genuine goodness and almost Unconditional Loyalty. They believe that their articles will shame many men into taking their Gender Role of Unpaid Protector more seriously. They are certain that their articles will not push many men into Men's Rights Movement. Most MRAs hope that such articles will in fact push more men into their ranks. Do Misandrists overestimate most men's Unconditional Loyalty? Do MRAs underestimate men's commitment to their Gender Roles? Only time will tell.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here.

"Why ALL men are trash and need to take responsibility for gender-based violence" by Mr. Lance Witten

Men's gender role is to be an Unpaid Gender Role Enforcer policing other men:
    The thing I want to say is that through all of this, we as men need to take responsibility and be accountable for our actions – not only our own, but the actions of all the men all around us all of the time.
    Not all mosquitoes bite, but you don't check the gender of a mosquito before killing it as it threatens your peaceful night's sleep
    WOW! Remind me which gender bites.

I have laughed at and forwarded sexist and misogynistic jokes.
    This makes me trash.
    I have cheated on women and I have lied to them.
    This makes me trash.
    I have called women names and spoken ill of them among friends.
    This makes me trash.
    You have criticised your Social Betters!

I take care of my family.
    Still trash.
    I raise my son to respect women.
    Still trash.
    I teach my girls to be independent and strong.
    Still trash.
    The main misandrist idea is that men will keep being loyal despite all abuse.

+ Reply to Thread