Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,987x in 55,610 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Given the quote is right there, it's fascinating to see you openly lying about it over and over. At this stage, you're only interesting as an example of the abnormal psychology common to most cultists. In your mind, the cult is good and right, so enemies of the cult are evil, so any sleaze is justifiable to use against them.

Says the one going full insult troll now, because he got taken off-script.

What other lies about what I or Obama supposedly said would you like to add? If you going to lie, then lie big or go home. At least that's entertaining. Pouty trolling isn't.
    You are proving to be someone who should just be patted on the head and dismissed as you would a six year old.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,071x in 788 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    You can’t make this stuff up.
    Obviously you can, as demonstrated by the fact that you keep making stuff up. Not having anything to back you up, and honesty not being an option for you, you resort to making up strawmen to attack.

As they won't discuss the science, this has morphed from the science to a discussion of personality disorders displayed by denier cultists.

I'm seeing a lot of histrionic personality disorder, the need to be the center of attention.

I'm seeing a lot of narcissism, based on the cultists declaring how they're far smarter than the world experts on the subject matter, and based on their inability to admit any sort of error, ever, no matter how small.

I'm seeing obvious paranoia, the claim that the world is secretly plotting against them.

There's definitely some antisocial personality disorder there, based on their inability to play nice with others.

A few of the cultists are schizotypal (just plain nuts). And a few are sociopaths, based on their pubic desire to see mass death.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Says the one going full insult troll now, because he got taken off-script.
    So far I've only pointed out your inconsistencies and God like worship for Obama. If you want, I'll show you "troll mode".

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,071x in 788 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If he were at all consistent he would have to argue that the extremes of 11 years from now would also have to be ideal to our civilization and evolution.
    Your premise and your conclusion aren't related in any way. Do you understand that? I mean, I understand that somehow, you might think what you're saying makes some kind of sense, but it doesn't.

It's hard to believe. He's a mirror troll:
    As everyone here knows, that's your form of abject groveling surrender. Whenever you've been absolutely destroyed on a topic, you reflexively start weeping "WAAAH! TROLL!", because you think it gives you an excuse to run.

So, I need to go carve another notch.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Obviously you can, as demonstrated by the fact that you keep making stuff up. Not having anything to back you up, and honesty not being an option for you, you resort to making up strawmen to attack.

As they won't discuss the science, this has morphed from the science to a discussion of personality disorders displayed by denier cultists.

I'm seeing a lot of histrionic personality disorder, the need to be the center of attention.

I'm seeing a lot of narcissism, based on the cultists declaring how they're far smarter than the world experts on the subject matter, and based on their inability to admit any sort of error, ever, no matter how small.

I'm seeing obvious paranoia, the claim that the world is secretly plotting against them.

There's definitely some antisocial personality disorder there, based on their inability to play nice with others.

A few of the cultists are schizotypal (just plain nuts). And a few are sociopaths, based on their pubic desire to see mass death.
    I made nothing up. Now you're just repeating yourself.

I used to to think that you were kind of smart. I was wrong.

Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your premise and your conclusion aren't related in any way. Do you understand that? I mean, I understand that somehow, you might think what you're saying makes some kind of sense, but it doesn't.

As everyone here knows, that's your form of abject groveling surrender. Whenever you've been absolutely destroyed on a topic, you reflexively start weeping "WAAAH! TROLL!", because you think it gives you an excuse to run.

So, I need to go carve another notch.

What I said was logical. You claimed whatever the actual climate it is ideal. I'm sure that escapes you.

As for the rest, hold it up to a mirror.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    skepticalmike's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 120x in 98 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is from an article at the nationalgeographic.com.

A NEW STUDY warns that Greenland’s ice is melting faster than scientists previously thought. But perhaps the biggest surprise is that most of this ice loss is from the land-fast ice sheet itself, not Greenland’s glaciers.

The new study, published January 21 in the
    Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that the largest sustained ice loss from early 2003 to mid-2013 came from Greenland's southwest region, which is mostly devoid of large glaciers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ing-sea-level/

All it takes to melt Greenland’s ice sheet is a surface temperature of 1 C and sunlight. “It used to be rare to get temperatures above 0 degrees on the ice sheet, but no longer,” Bevis said. And each degree above 1 C doubles the amount of ice melt.

What happens next?

Without acting soon to dramatically reduce the burning of fossil fuels that is raising global temperatures, most or all of Greenland’s ice could melt, raising sea levels 23 feet, warns Richard Alley, a glaciologist at Penn State. This would occur on a time scale of centuries. However, there is a warming threshold that could be crossed in a few decades or less and, if exceeded long enough, the meltdown of Greenland would be irreversible, said Alley.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *I runs around in circles tearing my hair out*

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,585x in 94,416 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skepticalmike View Post
    This is from an article at the nationalgeographic.com.

A NEW STUDY warns that Greenland’s ice is melting faster than scientists previously thought. But perhaps the biggest surprise is that most of this ice loss is from the land-fast ice sheet itself, not Greenland’s glaciers.

The new study, published January 21 in the
    Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, found that the largest sustained ice loss from early 2003 to mid-2013 came from Greenland's southwest region, which is mostly devoid of large glaciers.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...ing-sea-level/

All it takes to melt Greenland’s ice sheet is a surface temperature of 1 C and sunlight. “It used to be rare to get temperatures above 0 degrees on the ice sheet, but no longer,” Bevis said. And each degree above 1 C doubles the amount of ice melt.

What happens next?

Without acting soon to dramatically reduce the burning of fossil fuels that is raising global temperatures, most or all of Greenland’s ice could melt, raising sea levels 23 feet, warns Richard Alley, a glaciologist at Penn State. This would occur on a time scale of centuries. However, there is a warming threshold that could be crossed in a few decades or less and, if exceeded long enough, the meltdown of Greenland would be irreversible, said Alley.
    We can grow grapes there again.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread