Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our Medical care system is trash

Our medical care system is a complete joke. Dr's are incompetent. They make people wait way too long to get the care they need. By the time they get to you, you could be freaking dead. They are so afraid of insurance companies that they don't allow you to get tests that you might need. It is so frustrating. It is really bad when you are really sick and actually really need care right away. These $#@!ing Dr's.

This whole $#@! began with Obama. He absolutley destroyed our medical care system. I mean destroyed it. Gone are the days when you could go to the dr and get all the tests you might need. I am not just talking about people with bad insurance either. Even people with better insurance are having the same problems. So many people that I know have non existent medical care.

What good does it do if a Dr will see you but not treat you? Not only that they dont even listen. If you tell them even the slightest fact they get angry. They are nothing more than text book repeaters. For Gods sakes some years ago, I asked my Dr if I could get an annual blood checkup. You know just the basics. My insurance allows this. He told me no. I had to fight with the Dr just to get my yearly check up. They don't even want to do something that simple.

Our system is trash. No wonder so many have to go out of the country to get care. As we speak people in our nation are dying because of a lack of real medical care. This is a real problem. Of course there are people who are millionaires who don't have this problem. But for the majority of us we do.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (09-04-2019),Helena (09-04-2019),Peter1469 (09-04-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (09-04-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Our medical care system is a complete joke. Dr's are incompetent. They make people wait way too long to get the care they need. By the time they get to you, you could be freaking dead. They are so afraid of insurance companies that they don't allow you to get tests that you might need. It is so frustrating. It is really bad when you are really sick and actually really need care right away. These $#@!ing Dr's.

This whole $#@! began with Obama. He absolutley destroyed our medical care system. I mean destroyed it. Gone are the days when you could go to the dr and get all the tests you might need. I am not just talking about people with bad insurance either. Even people with better insurance are having the same problems. So many people that I know have non existent medical care.

What good does it do if a Dr will see you but not treat you? Not only that they dont even listen. If you tell them even the slightest fact they get angry. They are nothing more than text book repeaters. For Gods sakes some years ago, I asked my Dr if I could get an annual blood checkup. You know just the basics. My insurance allows this. He told me no. I had to fight with the Dr just to get my yearly check up. They don't even want to do something that simple.

Our system is trash. No wonder so many have to go out of the country to get care. As we speak people in our nation are dying because of a lack of real medical care. This is a real problem. Of course there are people who are millionaires who don't have this problem. But for the majority of us we do.
    Jap, Drs are not incompetent, they are doing what they must do to survive. Dr payments by medicare were reduced by obamacare when that occurred their payments were decreased across the board by all insurance companies because they could.

Drs had to switch to a computer system for records that cost them an average of 300,000, medicare demands more paperwork and hence so do Insurers. Medicare requires that Family Drs keep track of all medication for all their patients and call them bi weekly to discuss and make sure they are taking meds properly, a nurse has to do that, so my family dr had to hire a registered nurse to sit in an office all day doing wellness calls.

Drs used to book 2 patients an hour MANY years ago, that went to 3 allowing 20 mins, then 4 an hour, now its 6 an hour, 10 min intervals, one patient takes too long it sets them back, another sets them back furthner.

I never wait longer than 15 mins, I know in some parts of the country thats not the case.

Malpractice insurance has gone through the roof the cost of running and office has gone up. I think theres alot of factors affecting Drs today and things they have to do that they never had to before. Drs spend far more time in school than any other profession, it takes longer to become a Dr and costs more than other professions.

My father had a saying One good doctor is worth a 1,000 good lawyers.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,539x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ... Not only that they dont even listen. If you tell them even the slightest fact they get angry... .
    Can you give an example of that?

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our medical system is fine. Our insurance system, on the other hand....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-08-2019)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,869x in 4,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    Personally, I think both are circling the bowl....

The doctors have allowed the insurance companies to dictate to them, how they should treat patients. Yes, there are exceptions, but massively few and far between.

Insurance needs to return to it's former self, not be required to receive medical treatment, and the ridiculous mark ups of Big Pharma. I have a chiropractor, who charges less for a cash customer, versus someone who pays their co pay and wants insurance filed. I recently had xrays done, cash price for three views, $50. Had to sign a document that I understood insurance would not be filed. Have a prescription, the co-pay, based on the insurance company's decision that it was Tier 2 so applied to my deductible, I argued the point with the insurance. Next thing I know, I get a call from the pharmaceutical rep, that they have a program to offset the majority of the cost, so I only have to pay $5 over my normal copay.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (09-04-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (09-04-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Jap, Drs are not incompetent, they are doing what they must do to survive. Dr payments by medicare were reduced by obamacare when that occurred their payments were decreased across the board by all insurance companies because they could.

Drs had to switch to a computer system for records that cost them an average of 300,000, medicare demands more paperwork and hence so do Insurers. Medicare requires that Family Drs keep track of all medication for all their patients and call them bi weekly to discuss and make sure they are taking meds properly, a nurse has to do that, so my family dr had to hire a registered nurse to sit in an office all day doing wellness calls.

Drs used to book 2 patients an hour MANY years ago, that went to 3 allowing 20 mins, then 4 an hour, now its 6 an hour, 10 min intervals, one patient takes too long it sets them back, another sets them back furthner.

I never wait longer than 15 mins, I know in some parts of the country thats not the case.

Malpractice insurance has gone through the roof the cost of running and office has gone up. I think theres alot of factors affecting Drs today and things they have to do that they never had to before. Drs spend far more time in school than any other profession, it takes longer to become a Dr and costs more than other professions.

My father had a saying One good doctor is worth a 1,000 good lawyers.
    I agree with a lot of what you said here. You did lay out a lot of facts. But yes, Dr's are incompetent. I am not just talking about Medicare, but insurance across the board. I know a crap ton of middle class people and everyone I know is dealing with the same issues.

Dr's are so incompetent there are not even words for it. When my step sister had her baby she had an undeveloped twin that the Dr's knew about in advance. They knew that the undeveloped baby needed to come out after the birth of her baby. They forgot. She got septicemia. While she was literally dying from septicemia, she went to the ER nearly every day begging the Dr's for help because she was really really sick. Finally I went with her to the Er and practically forced them to admit her. That is when they realized oh she really is sick. They did that to her! Not only did one Dr do that to her, every single time she went to the ER begging for help each new Dr just dismissed her.

There is no excuse for this!

When my Dr prescribed me a medication that almost killed me. The prescribing Dr didn't even acknowledged that it was the medication. You would think if I am on a new medication and I suddenly have 30 new symptoms all that are known to be caused by the said medication that they would say hey, "Maybe it could be the medication".

In the past medical care was completely different. It us utter bull now. If you are lucky enough to still have an old school Dr or you are more well off then you wont know what I am talking about here. But for the rest of us people in America, we are dying from our medical care.

Hundreds of thousands of people are dying every year from medical errors and medication reactions. This is real. Dr's are not providing the care they are supposed to.

If a Dr cannot provide real care then he should quit his or her job. They provide a service, and people believe in them and depend on them and put their lives in their hands. If they cant handle the responsibility that comes with that position they don't need to be in it.

Now speaking of Medicare I posted on this in the past. Medicare was purposefully not providing follow up appointments to people with really serious illness like heart surgery and people were dying. You just don't hear about it. But if it was you or a loved one you would start to give a damn!

I made this thread on it in the past. http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...light=medicare
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-04-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (09-08-2019),FindersKeepers (09-05-2019),Helena (09-04-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    I will just tell you, that you are lucky, that you don't know what I am talking about.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (09-08-2019)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,770x in 13,680 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just need to find a better doctor, your experience certainly isn't typical in this country.

I had a severe problem with my ankle recently. I called my doctor around 8:30 am, and was able to get in at 10:45 am. And he listened to every word I had to say.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-08-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-04-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,069
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    AZ Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,319x in 2,953 Posts
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Can you give an example of that?
    Can you prove it untrue? Troll...
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I digress....

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AZ Jim For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-04-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Just AnotherPerson;2682522This whole $#@! began with Obama. He absolutley destroyed our medical care system. I mean destroyed it. Gone are the days when you could go to the dr and get all the tests you might need. I am not just talking about people with bad insurance either. Even people with better insurance are having the same problems. So many people that I know have non existent medical care.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Exactly right.

Obamacare? Just throw the Constitution out the window, and best of luck to ya.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-04-2019)

+ Reply to Thread