User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Her rightful place': Rosa Parks statue being unveiled in the US Capitol

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,046x in 8,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    She risked little? How about her personal safety? She could have been beaten half to death and thrown out on the road and the police would not have even investigated.
    Really? What kept black people at the back of the bus to begin with? Some idea regarding the natural superiority of whites (??) or the fact that they could be arrested without cause, lynched or beaten without any legal recourse?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really? What kept black people at the back of the bus to begin with? Some idea regarding the natural superiority of whites (??) or the fact that they could be arrested without cause, lynched or beaten without any legal recourse?
    Seriously, you watch too many movies if you think Rosa Parks stood any chance of being lynched for her actions. Obviously, that didn't happen and there was about as much chance of her being lynched for that as there was for her being trampled by a rhinoceros.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I am not claiming that what Parks did was comparable to what Jesus did. I am only saying that some theories suggest that Jesus knew prophecy and took action to fulfill it. Entering Jerusalem on an ass for example.
    Parks was a trained radical who did nothing different from what other radicals had done both before and after. And she wasn't even successful.

Look, you know I consider you a friend and respect you. I know Americans are a peculiar lot in the way they cling to civil rights mythology. I've said my peace. I'll leave it that.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Seriously, you watch too many movies if you think Rosa Parks stood any chance of being lynched for her actions. Obviously, that didn't happen and there was about as much chance of her being lynched for that as there was for her being trampled by a rhinoceros.
    The civil rights movement happened in my lifetime, not in yours. I think I might relate to the period better than you. My recollections don't come from movies.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The civil rights movement happened in my lifetime, not in yours. I think I might relate to the period better than you. My recollections don't come from movies.
    Having successfully resisted state sponsored brain washing I know I give some of you the creeps. No worries.

~Alain de Benoist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

KC (02-27-2013)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having successfully resisted state sponsored brain washing I know I give some of you the creeps. No worries.
    Geez D, there may be some things that you don't know as well as those who lived during that time. Would you tell Napolean that you know more about his time than he did?

Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Geez D, there may be some things that you don't know as well as those who lived during that time. Would you tell Napolean that you know more about his time than he did?
    Actually, having studied his time I would know a great deal more about his time than he would. Who would know more about the Battle of Waterloo overall? Someone with the benefit of 200 years of hindsight and scholarly work or someone who was there? Granted, he would know a lot things no one has been able to discover but I know what was going on all over Europe. He didn't. Someone studying my time centuries from now would know far more about it than I would.

I know my views make folks uncomfortable. Sorry.

~Alain de Benoist

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, having studied his time I would know a great deal more about his time than he would. Who would know more about the Battle of Waterloo overall? Someone with the benefit of 200 years of hindsight and scholarly work or someone who was there? Granted, he would know a lot things no one has been able to discover but I know what was going on all over Europe. He didn't. Someone studying my time centuries from now would know far more about it than I would.

I know my views make folks uncomfortable. Sorry.
    The problem with historical writers is that they bring their own bias into the story. The people who read history pick and choose whose version they want to read based on their own bias.

Mahatma Gandhi

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with historical writers is that they bring their own bias into the story. The people who read history pick and choose whose version they want to read based on their own bias.
    Of course they do. We all do. Napoleon had his. I have mine. You have yours.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course they do. We all do. Napoleon had his. I have mine. You have yours.
    I don't. I'm God's perfect little empiricist.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KC For This Useful Post:

Mister D (02-27-2013)

+ Reply to Thread