Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one's for the Lennon fans

Personally I think the title to the story is misleading. I will omit it. But for the Lennon fans, a letter that Ono, and Lennon wrote talks about the meaning behind their song "Luck of the Irish".

Here is a link to the story it includes that letter https://metalheadzone.com/john-lenno...t-the-beatles/

Excerpt:

The Beatles’ legendary musician John Lennon’s official Instagram page shared a golden-worth memorabilia from 1972 that
    Yoko Ono and John exposes the real truth
    behind the lyrics of The Luck of the Irish.

john-lennon-yoko-ono-696x470.jpg

Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (09-06-2019)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you love Lennon and the Beatles, or even just appreciate their place in the history of popular music, you should really see the recent movie Yesterday.

No spoilers, but there is a scene late in the film involving John that brought tears to my eyes, and that's all I'll say.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (09-10-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019),Lummy (09-06-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    If you love Lennon and the Beatles, or even just appreciate their place in the history of popular music, you should really see the recent movie Yesterday.

No spoilers, but there is a scene late in the film involving John that brought tears to my eyes, and that's all I'll say.
    Is it this movie? I looked for it right now, this is what I found. Thank you for that. I had tears just watching the Barry Gibb interview I posted the other day. It doesn't take much for me to be moved to tears.

It is strange it is like seeing the vids of them in their youth, does something inside of you. Their lives have been such a part of ours. We lived with their music, as though it were our own for all these years. It is very personal. Then we see them as they were young and then later in life as they aged. It is like seeing our own lives. I hope that makes sense. I guess it makes you realize that your own life is passing by.

Maybe it's just me. I get teary eyed when ever I watch vids of the old greats. Even Willie Nelson. That is just how I roll. My mother was the real deal hippy, I grew up on that music. LoL. It has a place in my heart for sure.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I acknowledge the Beetles place in history and their accomplishments, as far as their music, I didnt like it at all

The first time I heard the beatles I was in my friends brand new Gold 63 impala convertible, I said the Beetles ? what kind of name is that, then they started playing I wanna hold your hand.

We were doowop alcapella guys, the beetles changed music forever and theres a cycle and lifespan to types of music like anything else, today a beetles type group would be a total flop.
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I acknowledge the Beetles place in history and their accomplishments, as far as their music, I didnt like it at all

The first time I heard the beatles I was in my friends brand new Gold 63 impala convertible, I said the Beetles ? what kind of name is that, then they started playing I wanna hold your hand.

We were doowop alcapella guys, the beetles changed music forever and theres a cycle and lifespan to types of music like anything else, today a beetles type group would be a total flop.
    All of us have different views and tastes that is for sure. For me I see it different. I see the old music as timeless. For me it doesn't get played out or lose its value. I imagine you probably feel that way about the music you like as well. But we don't all like the same stuff. But as for me, I darn near like everything. The exception being death metal. LoL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (09-06-2019)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 827
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Is it this movie? I looked for it right now, this is what I found. Thank you for that. I had tears just watching the Barry Gibb interview I posted the other day. It doesn't take much for me to be moved to tears.
    Yes, that's the one. It may not be in the theaters any longer - even really good movies don't seem to last in a lot of venues for more than a few weeks - but you should most definitely look for it on some streaming service or what-have-you. I'll be buying the DVD soon, because I'm a dinosaur.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Yes, that's the one. It may not be in the theaters any longer - even really good movies don't seem to last in a lot of venues for more than a few weeks - but you should most definitely look for it on some streaming service or what-have-you. I'll be buying the DVD soon, because I'm a dinosaur.
    Thank you. I will watch it for sure.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,505x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Personally I think the title to the story is misleading. I will omit it. But for the Lennon fans, a letter that Ono, and Lennon wrote talks about the meaning behind their song "Luck of the Irish".

Here is a link to the story it includes that letter https://metalheadzone.com/john-lenno...t-the-beatles/

Excerpt:

The Beatles’ legendary musician John Lennon’s official Instagram page shared a golden-worth memorabilia from 1972 that
    Yoko Ono and John exposes the real truth
    behind the lyrics of The Luck of the Irish.

Attachment 26831

I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-07-2019)

+ Reply to Thread