User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: This one's for the Lennon fans

  1. #1
    Points: 35,510, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,440
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    21910
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    5,842
    Points
    35,510
    Level
    46
    Thanks Given
    5,846
    Thanked 3,874x in 2,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    This one's for the Lennon fans

    Personally I think the title to the story is misleading. I will omit it. But for the Lennon fans, a letter that Ono, and Lennon wrote talks about the meaning behind their song "Luck of the Irish".

    Here is a link to the story it includes that letter https://metalheadzone.com/john-lenno...t-the-beatles/

    Excerpt:

    The Beatles’ legendary musician John Lennon’s official Instagram page shared a golden-worth memorabilia from 1972 that
    Yoko Ono and John exposes the real truth
    behind the lyrics of The Luck of the Irish.



    john-lennon-yoko-ono-696x470.jpg

    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (09-06-2019)

  3. #2
    Points: 32,815, Level: 44
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    303624
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11,877
    Points
    32,815
    Level
    44
    Thanks Given
    1,985
    Thanked 9,728x in 5,619 Posts
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you love Lennon and the Beatles, or even just appreciate their place in the history of popular music, you should really see the recent movie Yesterday.

    No spoilers, but there is a scene late in the film involving John that brought tears to my eyes, and that's all I'll say.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

    "All three of my kids are adopted, and I'm always telling them, 'Don't ever get high and sign things'." - Paula Poundstone

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (09-10-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019),Lummy (09-06-2019)

  5. #3
    Points: 35,510, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,440
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    21910
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    5,842
    Points
    35,510
    Level
    46
    Thanks Given
    5,846
    Thanked 3,874x in 2,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    If you love Lennon and the Beatles, or even just appreciate their place in the history of popular music, you should really see the recent movie Yesterday.

    No spoilers, but there is a scene late in the film involving John that brought tears to my eyes, and that's all I'll say.
    Is it this movie? I looked for it right now, this is what I found. Thank you for that. I had tears just watching the Barry Gibb interview I posted the other day. It doesn't take much for me to be moved to tears.

    It is strange it is like seeing the vids of them in their youth, does something inside of you. Their lives have been such a part of ours. We lived with their music, as though it were our own for all these years. It is very personal. Then we see them as they were young and then later in life as they aged. It is like seeing our own lives. I hope that makes sense. I guess it makes you realize that your own life is passing by.

    Maybe it's just me. I get teary eyed when ever I watch vids of the old greats. Even Willie Nelson. That is just how I roll. My mother was the real deal hippy, I grew up on that music. LoL. It has a place in my heart for sure.

    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  6. #4

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 332,361, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    331520
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    57,945
    Points
    332,361
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    4,441
    Thanked 10,722x in 6,707 Posts
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I acknowledge the Beetles place in history and their accomplishments, as far as their music, I didnt like it at all

    The first time I heard the beatles I was in my friends brand new Gold 63 impala convertible, I said the Beetles ? what kind of name is that, then they started playing I wanna hold your hand.

    We were doowop alcapella guys, the beetles changed music forever and theres a cycle and lifespan to types of music like anything else, today a beetles type group would be a total flop.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

    GROUCHO MARX,

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019)

  8. #5
    Points: 35,510, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,440
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    21910
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    5,842
    Points
    35,510
    Level
    46
    Thanks Given
    5,846
    Thanked 3,874x in 2,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I acknowledge the Beetles place in history and their accomplishments, as far as their music, I didnt like it at all

    The first time I heard the beatles I was in my friends brand new Gold 63 impala convertible, I said the Beetles ? what kind of name is that, then they started playing I wanna hold your hand.

    We were doowop alcapella guys, the beetles changed music forever and theres a cycle and lifespan to types of music like anything else, today a beetles type group would be a total flop.
    All of us have different views and tastes that is for sure. For me I see it different. I see the old music as timeless. For me it doesn't get played out or lose its value. I imagine you probably feel that way about the music you like as well. But we don't all like the same stuff. But as for me, I darn near like everything. The exception being death metal. LoL.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

    Common (09-06-2019)

  10. #6
    Points: 32,815, Level: 44
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,135
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    303624
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    11,877
    Points
    32,815
    Level
    44
    Thanks Given
    1,985
    Thanked 9,728x in 5,619 Posts
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Is it this movie? I looked for it right now, this is what I found. Thank you for that. I had tears just watching the Barry Gibb interview I posted the other day. It doesn't take much for me to be moved to tears.
    Yes, that's the one. It may not be in the theaters any longer - even really good movies don't seem to last in a lot of venues for more than a few weeks - but you should most definitely look for it on some streaming service or what-have-you. I'll be buying the DVD soon, because I'm a dinosaur.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers unless he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions." - me

    "All three of my kids are adopted, and I'm always telling them, 'Don't ever get high and sign things'." - Paula Poundstone

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (09-06-2019)

  12. #7
    Points: 35,510, Level: 46
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,440
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    21910
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    5,842
    Points
    35,510
    Level
    46
    Thanks Given
    5,846
    Thanked 3,874x in 2,587 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Yes, that's the one. It may not be in the theaters any longer - even really good movies don't seem to last in a lot of venues for more than a few weeks - but you should most definitely look for it on some streaming service or what-have-you. I'll be buying the DVD soon, because I'm a dinosaur.
    Thank you. I will watch it for sure.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

  13. #8
    Points: 15,683, Level: 30
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1467
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    4,771
    Points
    15,683
    Level
    30
    Thanks Given
    1,338
    Thanked 1,459x in 1,113 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Personally I think the title to the story is misleading. I will omit it. But for the Lennon fans, a letter that Ono, and Lennon wrote talks about the meaning behind their song "Luck of the Irish".

    Here is a link to the story it includes that letter https://metalheadzone.com/john-lenno...t-the-beatles/

    Excerpt:

    The Beatles’ legendary musician John Lennon’s official Instagram page shared a golden-worth memorabilia from 1972 that
    Yoko Ono and John exposes the real truth
    behind the lyrics of The Luck of the Irish.



    Attachment 26831

    "I stand alone and take back something worth remembering"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    Just AnotherPerson (09-07-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO