bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been around guns my entire life never used one illegally am i to be penalized because a handfull do

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-08-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    There is too much of the devil in the details, and this is why I oppose them and urge those people in DC who never listen to me, to oppose them to.

WHY YOU SHOULD OPPOSE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
    By Tara Mica, NRA-ILA State Director
    Imagine being forced to pay fees as high as $50-$100, complete extensive federal paperwork, and obtain government approval before selling or loaning your personally-owned firearms to immediate or extended family members, longtime friends, neighbors, and co-workers, or fellow hunters, competitive shooters, and gun club members.
    That's what so-called "universal background check" laws do. They turn traditional innocent conduct into a criminal offense. They target law-abiding gun owners and not criminals who, by their very definition, will violate new or expanded background check laws.

In their worst form, these laws mandate background checks on EVERY transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, and loan of a firearm between any and all individuals. All such transactions would need to be conducted through a federally licensed firearms dealer because private individuals cannot access the national instant criminal background check system (NICS) system.

It is ALREADY a federal felony to be engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms, for livelihood and profit, without having a federal firearm dealers license.

It is ALREADY a crime for a federally licensed dealer to sell a gun without doing a background check - that's all dealers, everywhere, including at retail stores, gun shows, flea markets or anywhere else.

Further, it is ALREADY a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should have known is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm. State law also provides penalties for similar unlawful conduct.

The penalty for selling a gun to a person who is a felon, mentally ill, mentally incompetent, a domestic abuser, or an alcohol or drug abuser is a 10-year federal felony. That's now, today, with no changes to the law.
    It is even a federal felony to submit false information on a background check form to purchase a firearm.

According to a September 2018 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, 112,090 people were turned down for gun purchase in FY 2017, and there were 12 prosecutions by U.S. Attorneys Offices as of June 2018. Why, when criminals are caught in the act of lying on the form to illegally attempt to purchase a firearm, are they not prosecuted? Why, when existing background check laws are not being enforced, are there calls for expanding those laws to cover private firearms transactions?
    Well number one, your posted "article" is not an article, so I think you copied and pasted stuff under their names... "A federal felony" is a dead give away there...

Secondly, if you loan your "gun" to a friend and he uses it to rat-a-tat-tat 40 people: it's your gun - you're responsible. Nobody has a "right to carry" your -gun.

If there weren't too many idiots with guns running the streets shooting 400 people at a time, we wouldn't have these problems. It's "the law abiding citizen" who has been angry for years and thought about shooting up the neighborhood - who decides today's the day! that is causing universal background checks and all the rules that follow...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

Agent Zero (09-08-2019)

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,477x in 20,424 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Well number one, your posted "article" is not an article, so I think you copied and pasted stuff under their names... "A federal felony" is a dead give away there...

Secondly, if you loan your "gun" to a friend and he uses it to rat-a-tat-tat 40 people: it's your gun - you're responsible. Nobody has a "right to carry" your -gun.

If there weren't too many idiots with guns running the streets shooting 400 people at a time, we wouldn't have these problems. It's "the law abiding citizen" who has been angry for years and thought about shooting up the neighborhood - who decides today's the day! that is causing universal background checks and all the rules that follow...
    Then we won't loan guns to idiots like you...............I'd bet a dollar you've never even fired one.

If there weren't too many idiots with guns running the streets shooting 400 people at a time, we wouldn't have these problems.
    How many? You make it sound like it happens everyday? Are you about ready to start shooting conservatives? Sounds like it to me.......
    Last edited by stjames1_53; 09-08-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like delusional paranoia.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jet, do me a favor...please? If you're going to post silly, off-topic nonsense on this forum, could you refrain from identifying your ideological stance on this or any other topic as "liberal"? No pun intended, but you're killing me here.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Jet, do me a favor...please? If you're going to post silly, off-topic nonsense on this forum, could you refrain from identifying your ideological stance on this or any other topic as "liberal"? No pun intended, but you're killing me here.
    I have no idea what you're talking about: I answered the OP directly.

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    This sounds like delusional paranoia.
    Looks like fact to me.

Prove it wrong.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Achievements:
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    There is too much of the devil in the details, and this is why I oppose them and urge those people in DC who never listen to me, to oppose them to.

WHY YOU SHOULD OPPOSE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
    By Tara Mica, NRA-ILA State Director
    Imagine being forced to pay fees as high as $50-$100, complete extensive federal paperwork, and obtain government approval before selling or loaning your personally-owned firearms to immediate or extended family members, longtime friends, neighbors, and co-workers, or fellow hunters, competitive shooters, and gun club members.
    That's what so-called "universal background check" laws do. They turn traditional innocent conduct into a criminal offense. They target law-abiding gun owners and not criminals who, by their very definition, will violate new or expanded background check laws.

In their worst form, these laws mandate background checks on EVERY transfer, sale, purchase, trade, gift, rental, and loan of a firearm between any and all individuals. All such transactions would need to be conducted through a federally licensed firearms dealer because private individuals cannot access the national instant criminal background check system (NICS) system.

It is ALREADY a federal felony to be engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms, for livelihood and profit, without having a federal firearm dealers license.

It is ALREADY a crime for a federally licensed dealer to sell a gun without doing a background check - that's all dealers, everywhere, including at retail stores, gun shows, flea markets or anywhere else.

Further, it is ALREADY a federal felony for any private person to sell, trade, give, lend, rent or transfer a gun to a person you know or should have known is not legally allowed to own, purchase or possess a firearm. State law also provides penalties for similar unlawful conduct.

The penalty for selling a gun to a person who is a felon, mentally ill, mentally incompetent, a domestic abuser, or an alcohol or drug abuser is a 10-year federal felony. That's now, today, with no changes to the law.
    It is even a federal felony to submit false information on a background check form to purchase a firearm.

According to a September 2018 report by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, 112,090 people were turned down for gun purchase in FY 2017, and there were 12 prosecutions by U.S. Attorneys Offices as of June 2018. Why, when criminals are caught in the act of lying on the form to illegally attempt to purchase a firearm, are they not prosecuted? Why, when existing background check laws are not being enforced, are there calls for expanding those laws to cover private firearms transactions?
    Sorry, Sarge. I stopped at the fees.

Everyone, from doctors to nurses to contractors to lawyers to you and I pay a fee for the privilege of doing our job safely. We expect our gun owners out there to handle their guns responsibly. That means don't lose them, don't let them get stolen, and if you think for some reason you can't do so turn it it. Don't wait until someone gets killed.

Did you know the second Texas killer bought his gun illegally from some goon who makes guns and sells them on the internet?
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

jet57 (09-08-2019)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Achievements:
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I sure as hell wouldn't take my advice from an NRA state director. Especially a lobbyist.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned