Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Daniel Barenboim is a magnificent pianist and conductor. I will place a video here of him playing Beethovens Moonlight sonata. Here is a short story of his composing of this beautiful Sonata. Link http://www.storycompositions.com/200...beethoven.html

Moonlight Sonata Anecdote

"One evening as [young Beethoven] was out walking he passed a cobbler's house where he heard someone inside practicing one of his compositions. As he stopped to listen he overheard a girl say that she wished she could hear a real musician play it properly.

"Beethoven went into the house and, noticing the young lady at the piano was blind, offered to play the piece for her. He did so for more than an hour and while he did, darkness fell and the lone candle in the room went out.

"Outside in the night sky the moon shone brightly and sent its radiant beams glistening into the room where Beethoven sat playing beautiful music. He was so inspired by the appreciation of his music by the young lady and the beauty of the atmosphere in the room that he composed his famous 'Moonlight Sonata.'"

Thank you for that, J. I used to listen to No. 14, aka 'Moonlight' all the time - a recording by another great pianist - but I've misplaced the CD. It is by far my favorite piece of classical music. The first movement always brings me to tears. The third has to be one of the most difficult to play of any piece in the world, and the gentleman in the video plays it wonderfully.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-27-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Thank you for that, J. I used to listen to No. 14, aka 'Moonlight' all the time - a recording by another great pianist - but I've misplaced the CD. It is by far my favorite piece of classical music. The first movement always brings me to tears. The third has to be one of the most difficult to play of any piece in the world, and the gentleman in the video plays it wonderfully.
    Daniel is a magnificent Pianist. It really is a moving piece. I really liked that story I found for how it was written. It gives even more depth to it. I have a cd set of Beethoven played by the London Philharmonic. I used listened to that so much. It is nice to hear someone who appreciates the moonlight sonata as much as I do. There is such stillness in that piece.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

+ Reply to Thread