Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation White Supremacists are Recruiting White Teens Online

Parents beware! Monitor what your kids are doing.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/08/1...t-stop-them-2/

It’s time, parents of white boys, for The Talk.
    Because those seeds of white supremacy, of racism and hatred, are being planted in our teenage sons right in our own homes.
    More people have been killed in America by white right-wing extremists since the 9/11 attacks than by Islamic terrorists.
    “Oh, but we’re not racist!” you say.

“Our family is color-blind!” you say.

“Our son would never . . . ” you say.
    That’s what a lot of parents said before their kids got sucked into dark, online worlds filled with people who seemed to understand them, who validated their fears and understood their insecurities.
    When her son wore a Nazi iron cross to school and counselors called her about it, one Virginia mother explained away his fashion choice and their worry that he was flirting with extremism.
    “That’s just ridiculous,” the mother recalled saying in a March 2018 interview with The Washington Post. “He’s just obsessed with reading about history.”

Later she found out that her son had a vibrant neo-Nazi life on Twitter, complete with shout-outs to Hitler and loyalty to the Atomwaffen Division, a paramilitary neo-Nazi group whose members have been linked to a handful of killings and who considered Charles Manson a hero. But she didn’t make that discovery until he shot himself in the head after allegedly killing his girlfriend’s parents, Scott Fricker and Buckley Kuhn-Fricker, in 2017.
    He is awaiting trial for the killings, and we’re not identifying him or his mom because he’s charged as a juvenile. But the message is clear. His mom said he was a withdrawn boy who struggled with finding his place in the cruel world of teen social politics. And it was the wrong place.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (10-11-2019),CCitizen (09-24-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-24-2019)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you 100% sure the kids they are recruiting are white?
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Are you 100% sure the kids they are recruiting are white?
    I'm comfortable with white separatist groups recruiting white kids; although there may be a couple of tokens thrown in the mix.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,489x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another thread in which I must ask how many? How many are recruiting, how many being recruited? And what does it mean to be recruited?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (10-11-2019)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,269
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Another thread in which I must ask how many? How many are recruiting, how many being recruited? And what does it mean to be recruited?
    You could say the same about Islamist recruiting over the internet. The problem is that there is no way to measure how many are being recruited and for all of those that are identified, there are even more on the dark web. I think that there is a creeping malaise in society in general and it is being aided and abetted by the internet.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Agent Zero (09-19-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-24-2019),Safety (09-24-2019),Standing Wolf (09-19-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,573x in 36,512 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    You could say the same about Islamist recruiting over the internet. The problem is that there is no way to measure how many are being recruited and for all of those that are identified, there are even more on the dark web. I think that there is a creeping malaise in society in general and it is being aided and abetted by the internet.
    I agree about this malaise but what do you think has caused it?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,489x in 55,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Yes, I'd say the two are about the same. But if there's no way to measure how do you draw conclusions and raise a cry about it?
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Several things - technology cannot be overlooked. It is replacing jobs and people are retreating into their devices and not forming interpersonal relationships. The control of governments by a finite number of financial entities that have influenced governments to pander to corporations and allow them to offshore industries and continually merge and acquire, which is killing competition and thus employment and involve themselves in wars that benefit no one other than big corporations. The fact that businesses are demanding more and more time from their employees, particularly those who are salaried, so that they often don't have any time where they are not somehow on the job, but are expected to be grateful that they have a job. Our obsession with violent and hedonistic themed entertainment.

All tolled there is a resulting existentialist attitude that is growing in younger people in the face of an increasingly selfish society. I'm not saying that the gradual demise of religious community is not a contributing factor, but in the face of these other factors, it cannot help but struggle to survive. Imagine being a younger person today? Your future is a big question mark because all manner of globalist and technological elements beyond your control could rip away any chance of economic stability at any moment. You fund your own pension, which is at the mercy of the stock market which is so volatile that your hard earned contributions could be repeatedly wiped out and you may have to reinvent yourself every 5 or 10 years.

People don't tend to look at the big picture, they look for the easy scapegoat. X is to blame. Meanwhile, the entire economic system is to blame because it has been allowed to be hijacked by the few.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (09-24-2019)

Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, I'd say the two are about the same. But if there's no way to measure how do you draw conclusions and raise a cry about it?
    Perhaps because we are seeing spree killings. I think that they are the canary in the coal mine. They are the obvious symptom of a toxic environment. The really poor kids are just being drawn into more violent crime with basic rewards and punishments, but diminishing regard for the value of human life, while the better off and better educated kids are being sucked down internet rabbit holes of hate and revenge for unmet expectations and uncertain futures and again diminishing regard for the value of human life.

Mahatma Gandhi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (09-24-2019)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,820
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Xl's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 19,793x in 11,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Information. People are coming to terms with the way things are, or at least, how they perceive how things really are, and they don't like it. And that's because people have access to information and opinions that generations prior never did.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Xl For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (10-11-2019),Dr. Who (09-19-2019),FindersKeepers (09-25-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-24-2019)

+ Reply to Thread