Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Be careful. You will might offend the local "conservative" element with all this talk of nonviolence and love.
    He did teach non violence and love. But he was also a revolutionary and believed in making things right. He was defiant and healed on the Sabbath. He was making a point. He was infuriated at the political corruption of his day. He over turned the money tables in the temple in a rage. Some things never change. The corrupt tax collectors were taxing people to death. They were charging heavy taxes on goods, they would sometimes cost up to 100 times their value from being over taxed.

The elites would hoard the silver coins that were used to pay taxes. You had to use a denarius which is a silver coin. The elites would sell those coins at inflated rates so people could use them to pay their taxes. Corruption was rife. It still is. http://www.accountingin.com/accounti...ime-of-christ/

The tax collectors made their living by how much they would over charge the people on their taxes. I guess that's why Jesus was livid. https://www.thecompassnews.org/2016/...ue-jesus-time/

These were his last straws. You mess with the corrupt politicians and they take you out.

Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 09-21-2019 at 03:35 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Lummy (09-21-2019),Orion Rules (09-21-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize the vid in the OP is glitchy. Here is a better copy.

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,587x in 25,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been many times that I've sat in mass in tears thinking of what our Lord what through for us. Thanks JAP.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-21-2019),countryboy (09-21-2019),Just AnotherPerson (09-21-2019)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part America's religious, so called Christians, are miles apart from the Jesus of the Sermon on the Mount. Amazing that so many praise Donnie John who has harmed God's children.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,358x in 27,930 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Be careful. You will might offend the local "conservative" element with all this talk of nonviolence and love.
    Matthew 10:34-36 34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law- 36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (09-21-2019),FindersKeepers (09-21-2019),Lummy (09-21-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    For the most part America's religious, so called Christians, are miles apart from the Jesus of the Sermon on the Mount. Amazing that so many praise Donnie John who has harmed God's children.
    Is Christianity no different than Islam? Are both nothing more than the means to bring tyranny?

Was Jesus a government bureaucrat?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (09-21-2019)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    How has your President harmed anyone?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-21-2019),MisterVeritis (09-21-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Is Christianity no different than Islam? Are both nothing more than the means to bring tyranny?

I don't believe so. It was the twisted political and religious leaders that turned his teachings into what they are today. If you listen for yourself, they are not what you have been told at all.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Midcan: For the most part America's religious, so called Christians, are miles apart from the Jesus of the Sermon on the Mount. Amazing that so many praise Donnie John who has harmed God's children.

MV: Is Christianity no different than Islam? Are both nothing more than the means to bring tyranny?

Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I don't believe so. It was the twisted political and religious leaders that turned his teachings into what they are today. If you listen for yourself, they are not what you have been told at all.
    Is Midcan wrong? Or is he right? Are politics and religion one? And why are the greatly damaged liberal Progressives unable to have a single conversation without mentioning President Trump?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (09-21-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Midcan: For the most part America's religious, so called Christians, are miles apart from the Jesus of the Sermon on the Mount. Amazing that so many praise Donnie John who has harmed God's children.

MV: Is Christianity no different than Islam? Are both nothing more than the means to bring tyranny?

Is Midcan wrong? Or is he right? Are politics and religion one? And why are the greatly damaged liberal Progressives unable to have a single conversation without mentioning President Trump?
    I may be wrong if I interpret what I think he meant. But I will give it a go. You can correct me if I am wrong @midcan5. I don't think he was saying politics and religion are one. What I think he was saying is that the Christianity that Christians practice today are not what Jesus was teaching.

The part about Trump I think has to do with many associate him with being a Christian. The evangelicals say he is the chosen one. Yet he is responsible for killing hundreds of thousands in war.

That is my take although I may be wrong. I don't think he said anything about politics and religion being one. If that is what Midcan was saying then, no I don't think he is wrong. He is absolutely correct!

Why was Trump brought up in this awesome thread? Of course the answer is every thread in the political forum must descend in some way or another....

+ Reply to Thread