User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We should not support President Trump for what he is for.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should not support President Trump for what he is for.

We should not support President Trump for what he is for. He is accused of horrible things some of which may be true. I have mentioned that he is like Joseph Stalin.

We should support President Trump for what he is against. The Left openly opposes Freedom and Democracy -- like Joseph Stalin's opponent in 1941.

Free Speech Is Killing Us

Using “free speech” as a cop-out is just as intellectually dishonest and just as morally bankrupt. For one thing, the First Amendment doesn’t apply to private companies.

But what about speech that’s designed to drive a woman out of her workplace or to bully a teenager into suicide or to drive a democracy toward totalitarianism?

NYT did publish the piece designed to
    drive a democracy toward totalitarianism.

PS. Thanks @Lummy for correcting my error.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 10-06-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    We should not support President Trump for what he is against.
    As you stated in another thread, I think you mean, "We should support President Trump for what he is against."

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    As you stated in another thread, I think you mean, "We should support President Trump for what he is against."
    Thanks -- corrected.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should not support President Trump for what he is for. He is accused of horrible things some of which may be true. I have mentioned that he is like Joseph Stalin.
    We should support President Trump for what he is against. The Left openly opposes Freedom and Democracy -- like Joseph Stalin's opponent in 1941.
    NYT did publish the piece designed to drive a democracy toward totalitarianism.

Well, I think what we have to do is look at where a candidate stands on the issues and then vote for the candidate who best represents our point of view.

I don't see Trump as being like Stalin - not even a little bit - but if I did, I certainly would not vote for him. At this point in the campaign for next year's presidency, I'm leaning toward voting for Trump because the unemployment rate is very low and the economy is excellent. I have to compare him to the democratic candidates and none of them seem to have our nation's best interest at heart -- well, maybe Biden does -- but I don't care for the rest of them. The rest of them are too far to the Left.

But, vote your conscience. Take an honest look at the candidates and the vote for the one you agree with most.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (10-07-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Well, I think what we have to do is look at where a candidate stands on the issues and then vote for the candidate who best represents our point of view.

I don't see Trump as being like Stalin - not even a little bit - but if I did, I certainly would not vote for him. At this point in the campaign for next year's presidency, I'm leaning toward voting for Trump because the unemployment rate is very low and the economy is excellent. I have to compare him to the democratic candidates and none of them seem to have our nation's best interest at heart -- well, maybe Biden does -- but I don't care for the rest of them. The rest of them are too far to the Left.

But, vote your conscience. Take an honest look at the candidates and the vote for the one you agree with most.
    The unemployment rate was very low and the economy was in good shape in 2016.

Plus there weren't all these economic dark clouds in the horizon and we weren't in a ridiculously unnecessary trade war.

Who did you vote for then?
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYT did publish the piece designed to
    drive a democracy toward totalitarianism.

You got at least one part right. He has a lot in common with Stalin.

Parallels with Stalin
    Josef Stalin similarly turned the Bolshevik Party into his personal fiefdom. In his case, he did so by positioning himself as the arbiter of Communist ideology. Soon enough, Lenin’s close associates were kicked out of the party and eventually executed.

Career advancement — and very soon physical survival — depended on loyalty to Stalin and not ideological purity. On the contrary, as a matter of physical survival, one had to be able to switch one’s thinking instantaneously, in the very moment the party line changed. (And even that flexibility often was not enough…).

In a manner that would seem to fit in with Trump’s views, Stalin established control of the press. He suppressed all diversity of opinion that had survived after the Bolshevik Revolution and made all newspapers into carbon copies of the Pravda — which in turn did nothing but sing praises to Stalin the Great.

Fake news media
    That is the real historic background of Trump branding America’s venerable media outlets as “Fake News”. Ironically, “pravda “ means truth in Russian — which gives the appropriate context to Trump’s fake news claims. Instead, Trump is promoting the sycophantic Fox News and its chief sycophant Hannity.

Stalin also effectively abolished the justice system in the Soviet Union. During the show trials of the 1930s, defense lawyers expressed in court their horror in the face of the heinous crimes their clients had committed and demanded harsh penalties for them. As to sentences, they were decided in advance and passed on to the judges.

This is a system that would please Trump very much, judging by his attacks on the independence of the courts and his Justice Department.

Finally, there’s the career bureaucracy. Experts and professionals both advise U.S. Presidents and keep their occasionally more extreme impulses on a short leash. Even Nixon and Kissinger, who shuttled to Beijing and Moscow based on their own calculations, were always surrounded by foreign policy, military and economic experts.

You see no such experts around Trump, only sycophants and enablers. As he prepares for a summit with North Korea’s Kim Jong un, the United States doesn’t even have an ambassador in South Korea.
    https://www.theglobalist.com/donald-...ublican-party/
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    The unemployment rate was very low and the economy was in good shape in 2016.
    Neither the unemployment rate nor the economy were nearly as good as they are now.

Plus there weren't all these economic dark clouds in the horizon and we weren't in a ridiculously unnecessary trade war.
    The economic dark clouds are in your mind -- not on the horizon.
    Who did you vote for then?
    A third-party candidate. This time around, I might vote for Trump.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither the unemployment rate nor the economy were nearly as good as they are now.

The economic dark clouds are in your mind -- not on the horizon.

A third-party candidate. This time around, I might vote for Trump.
    Actually yes, they were. There were more jobs being created as well. GDP was the same too. If the economy is booming now, it was booming then. Also, if the economy is great why are they cutting interest rates? Just facts.

Economic dark clouds. Slowing job growth, slowing business investment, slowing global economy, manufacturing sector contraction, inverted bond curve, there are many more.

Again, just facts.

By your logic in saying you are gonna vote for tRump, you should have voted for the Democratic nominee.

Barbie Q’s

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Actually yes, they were. There were more jobs being created as well. GDP was the same too. If the economy is booming now, it was booming then. Also, if the economy is great why are they cutting interest rates? Just facts.
    The above emboldened is a leap of logic. As far as why the fed cut rates, they cited "global developments."

Economic dark clouds. Slowing job growth, slowing business investment, slowing global economy, manufacturing sector contraction, inverted bond curve, there are many more.
    When the workforce nears saturation as it is doing now, obviously there will be slower job growth. Why would businesses create more jobs than they can fill?

A few liberal economists are offering-up doom and gloom forecasts, but they've been doing that since Trump took office. They haven't been right so far, so you may be doing yourself a disservice to believe them now.

Again, just facts.
    An interpretation of the facts, at any rate.
    By your logic in saying you are gonna vote for tRump, you should have voted for the Democratic nominee.
    I said I might. So far, the dems haven't produced a single candidate with a better plan.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above emboldened is a leap of logic. As far as why the fed cut rates, they cited "global developments."

When the workforce nears saturation as it is doing now, obviously there will be slower job growth. Why would businesses create more jobs than they can fill?

A few liberal economists are offering-up doom and gloom forecasts, but they've been doing that since Trump took office. They haven't been right so far, so you may be doing yourself a disservice to believe them now.

An interpretation of the facts, at any rate.

I said I might. So far, the dems haven't produced a single candidate with a better plan.
    Sadly not an "interpretation", but actual facts. Numbers do not lie.

Barbie Q’s

+ Reply to Thread