User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feminist author fantacises about killing a certain number of men each week.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,614
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,118x in 28,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Every death and every act of abuse is a tragedy. Globally, hundreds of millions of boys and tens of millions of girls are abused by their mothers and other female caretakers. Most male offenders were abused. Eminem was severely abused by his mother, and in The Marshall Mathers LP he expresses his pain.

About 90% of all killers are men as are 78% of murder victims. All victims deserve help and support.

Tobacco kills ten times as many people as men. I got flack for arguing against tobacco being legal. Cars are thrice as dangerous as men, but they are indispensable.

But all men must take a stand against being collectively blamed and hated for crimes of a few men. South Korean men are beginning to view themselves as Humans rather then scapegoats. In Russia, misandry never gained popularity. Only Liberal Western men are so broken as to view themselves worthy of abuse, hate, and vilification.
    Of spousal homicide, 31% are the wife/girlfriend killing the husband. This number is from an older database.
    However similar numbers were about 40% of the wife/girlfriend killing the husband, during the gun control debates.

Speculation would be that they were self-defense in many cases but we don't know.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Of spousal homicide, 31% are the wife/girlfriend killing the husband. This number is from an older database.
    However similar numbers were about 40% of the wife/girlfriend killing the husband, during the gun control debates.

Speculation would be that they were self-defense in many cases but we don't know.
    I cannot cite an exact figure of the top of my head, but domestic violence typically involves both parties being violent in some way. Very few victims that I worked with had never hit or thrown something at their partner, but the overall history of the relationship demonstrated a male aggressor and a female reaction. The men would often use common daily tactics like gaslighting, isolating the women from family/friends, controlling every aspect of their lives, verbal abuse, financial abuse, spousal rape, control of birth control, forced abortions/pregnancy, and so on. The aggressor also tends to threaten to kill themself, the children and pets as a form of manipulation at some point. Most often when the actual police were called, the female had also engaged in violence (hitting, scratching, throwing something) but it was the male who started the confrontation and used the most serious forms of violence (choking, for example).

Is the male always the aggressor? No, but that tends to be the most common in heterosexual cases. Likewise, not everyone gets violent in response but if you're trying to escape someone or a chokehold then you're probably going to be hitting or scratching someone. Scratches leave marks, and choking actually most often doesn't even when it is extreme.

I had one case where the victim was about to black out from being choked and she grabbed a knife and cut her partner's throat. The partner called the police on her, but he was the one arrested. It can be hard to sort out what happened, and some victims are revictimized because they are the ones arrested, charged and served with an EPO/PPO - that EPO/PPO means their kids are often "taken away" (full physical custody to the petitioner) until the hearing. It is often a way of extending the abuse and control to convince police that the victim started it, get the EPO and force them into homelessnss away from their kids. Women go "crawling back" pretty quickly when they are homeless and denied access to their children.

... and females abuse EPOs, too. It's a two way street. There is just a more common sequence of events.

I think the most shocking thing I discovered doing intakes was that domestic violence was emotional and physical, but also financial and sexual. I would estimate that 75% or more of victims are raped, forced to either have an abortion or get pregnant (particularly immigrants but not always) and the husband or boyfriend will have total control over birth control methods. Reproduction is one way to control a woman that is not usually part of the discussion. It is weaponized.

So... Yeah, I'm not surprised if females kill their husbands in 30-40% of spousal murders. Even though they're not often the aggressor, I think the abuse is just so all-consuming that there is going to be a breaking point for some people. Then there are just women who kill their husbands, of course.
    Last edited by Adelaide; 07-31-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    FYIWDWYTM

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-31-2020)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Very few victims that I worked with had never hit or thrown something at their partner, but the overall history of the relationship demonstrated a male aggressor and a female reaction. The men would often use common daily tactics like gaslighting, isolating the women from family/friends, controlling every aspect of their lives, verbal abuse, financial abuse, spousal rape, control of birth control, forced abortions/pregnancy, and so on. The aggressor also tends to threaten to kill themself, the children and pets as a form of manipulation at some point. Most often when the actual police were called, the female had also engaged in violence (hitting, scratching, throwing something) but it was the male who started the confrontation and used the most serious forms of violence (choking, for example).
    Thank you for sharing. I have no personal experience working with victims of abuse. The only information I have comes from reading studies and reading Social Media.

I have seen many testimonies of male victims of abuse on YouTube, but I am not an expert.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 07-31-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The vast majority of men don't hate or mistreat women, and the vast majority of women don't wish men dead or blame all men for what a few men do. Most Americans, regardless of their skin color, work and play well with others and are not obsessed with racial animosity of any description. It's the fringe, the fanatics and the fruitcakes who make most of the noise in every Party or demographic. They need to be kept an eye on, but more than anything they have to be discounted and, when appropriate, soundly ridiculed.
    Sadly, many or most young women in USA view men as oppressors. Sadly many (not most?) young men in USA agree. Most of them do not use #KAM2020 or #killallmen hashtags. But they still view men as oppressors.

These are our future lawmakers, senators, congresspeople, etc. Scary.

In Russia 1925, kulaks (kulak or plural kulaki) were rich peasants. Some of them did exploit poor farm workers (batrak or plural batraki). But a campaign portraying all kulaks as exploiters was starting.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    TheOneOnly2's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 213x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    I cannot cite an exact figure of the top of my head, but domestic violence typically involves both parties being violent in some way. Very few victims that I worked with had never hit or thrown something at their partner, but the overall history of the relationship demonstrated a male aggressor and a female reaction. The men would often use common daily tactics like gaslighting, isolating the women from family/friends, controlling every aspect of their lives, verbal abuse, financial abuse, spousal rape, control of birth control, forced abortions/pregnancy, and so on. The aggressor also tends to threaten to kill themself, the children and pets as a form of manipulation at some point. Most often when the actual police were called, the female had also engaged in violence (hitting, scratching, throwing something) but it was the male who started the confrontation and used the most serious forms of violence (choking, for example).

Is the male always the aggressor? No, but that tends to be the most common in heterosexual cases. Likewise, not everyone gets violent in response but if you're trying to escape someone or a chokehold then you're probably going to be hitting or scratching someone. Scratches leave marks, and choking actually most often doesn't even when it is extreme.

I had one case where the victim was about to black out from being choked and she grabbed a knife and cut her partner's throat. The partner called the police on her, but he was the one arrested. It can be hard to sort out what happened, and some victims are revictimized because they are the ones arrested, charged and served with an EPO/PPO - that EPO/PPO means their kids are often "taken away" (full physical custody to the petitioner) until the hearing. It is often a way of extending the abuse and control to convince police that the victim started it, get the EPO and force them into homelessnss away from their kids. Women go "crawling back" pretty quickly when they are homeless and denied access to their children.

... and females abuse EPOs, too. It's a two way street. There is just a more common sequence of events.

I think the most shocking thing I discovered doing intakes was that domestic violence was emotional and physical, but also financial and sexual. I would estimate that 75% or more of victims are raped, forced to either have an abortion or get pregnant (particularly immigrants but not always) and the husband or boyfriend will have total control over birth control methods. Reproduction is one way to control a woman that is not usually part of the discussion. It is weaponized.

So... Yeah, I'm not surprised if females kill their husbands in 30-40% of spousal murders. Even though they're not often the aggressor, I think the abuse is just so all-consuming that there is going to be a breaking point for some people. Then there are just women who kill their husbands, of course.
    Why not just leave the relationship if you are a female being abused? Is it really so hard? Its too easy to just excuse these abused women for staying in abusive relationships.

I had a longterm gf that I encouraged to take the pill when she was supposed to be menstruating so she didnt and I could still have sex with her. She didnt have a period the entire time I knew her. Is that abuse? I didnt hold a gun to her head you know.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    TheOneOnly2's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 213x in 161 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feminists are basically female incels.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOneOnly2 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (08-04-2020)

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 2,237
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,261x in 12,384 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Sadly, many or most young women in USA view men as oppressors. Sadly many (not most?) young men in USA agree. Most of them do not use #KAM2020 or #killallmen hashtags. But they still view men as oppressors. ....
    Do you have any citations for that, or links to a poll or study? I believe if you asked the question using that particular word - "oppressors" - you wouldn't get anything like a majority. Many American women, probably even a majority of them, perceive inequalities in pay and opportunities; if someone is being careful in their choice of words and attempting to be accurate, that doesn't constitute "oppression" - although I will say that in the current social climate that word is actually being applied inappropriately more and more. People feel "oppressed" because a columnist in a newspaper they never read made fun of them, or because some group wants a statue removed in a town they've never been to. (Conversely, some people feel oppressed because there is a statue they disapprove of in a town they've never been to.) Let's just say that oppression isn't what it used to be.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 08-04-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (08-04-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    1) Do you have any citations for that, or links to a poll or study?

2) I believe if you asked the question using that particular word - "oppressors" - you wouldn't get anything like a majority.

3) People feel "oppressed" because a columnist in a newspaper they never read made fun of them, or because some group wants a statue removed in a town they've never been to. (Conversely, some people feel oppressed because there is a statue they disapprove of in a town they've never been to.) Let's just say that oppression isn't what it used to be.
    1) I have read many surveys on who faces more discrimination. Most people believe women face discrimination. Few people believe men face discrimination. A Pew Poll result:

2) Many young people believe that men are the oppressors. #killallmen is not yet a plan of genocide of men, but it is a statement of extreme hostility toward men as a class.

3) Sadly Modern Society is very polarized.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    She's likely referring to the fact that 50,000 women a year are killed by their male partners.

You've entirely missed the point.
    I'm sure you have a citation for that number. Is it in the U.S., of course not, or world-wide or only in LibWorld?

Here's a link with some murder stats for the U.S.:
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ty-and-gender/

Males are overwhelmingly victims of murders. Blacks are murdered at a rate much higher than their population would suggest.

I want to see some sort of reference for your numbers. Homicides won't cut it because you specify killed by their male partners. That excludes strangers and female partners.

It is interesting that Crepitus defends homicide by the matriarchy.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    Why not just leave the relationship if you are a female being abused? Is it really so hard? Its too easy to just excuse these abused women for staying in abusive relationships.

I had a longterm gf that I encouraged to take the pill when she was supposed to be menstruating so she didnt and I could still have sex with her. She didnt have a period the entire time I knew her. Is that abuse? I didnt hold a gun to her head you know.
    Because it's complicated, and it's usually more dangerous to leave (among other things).

So... menstruation is inconvenient for you? Interesting.
    FYIWDWYTM

+ Reply to Thread