Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Stop Appropriating My Gender

The concept of cultural appropriation sounded like a hysterical liberal faux pas when I first heard it. You want diversity, you want inclusion, but yet you rip people apart when they embrace each other’s cultures. Ridiculous! Your party is eating itself, I thought.

Not batting an eyelash, liberals accepted and subsumed the inconsistent inclusion and appropriation theories.
    Simultaneously, liberals embraced the mind-boggling “minority” exception to their cultural appropriation theory. While whites are not permitted to embrace the beauty trends of minority cultures, minorities, on the other hand, are unquestionably permitted to dye their hair blonde to resemble Caucasians. Dare not question these women!

Then, liberals ventured even further out. They decided that yet another, even more divergently inconsistent theory needed to be added to their quagmire of illogical introversions of reality: the gender appropriation exception to cultural appropriation.

Gender appropriation, unlike cultural appropriation, is entirely permissible and even encouraged in the same liberal circles that berate caucasian girls for wearing Japanese dresses or African-American hairstyles.

A man, you see, is entirely within his cultural right to succumb to his mental ailments and to assume the identity and privileges of a woman. This is OK and must be recognized as an objective reality, liberals now claimed. They began litigating to force acceptance of gender appropriation.

https://townhall.com/columnists/mari...ender-n2554281
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (10-08-2019),stjames1_53 (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way before. But now that you bring it up.......

*response does not necessarily mean agreement with the entire OP
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    The concept of cultural appropriation sounded like a hysterical liberal faux pas when I first heard it. You want diversity, you want inclusion, but yet you rip people apart when they embrace each other’s cultures. Ridiculous! Your party is eating itself, I thought.

Not batting an eyelash, liberals accepted and subsumed the inconsistent inclusion and appropriation theories.
    Simultaneously, liberals embraced the mind-boggling “minority” exception to their cultural appropriation theory. While whites are not permitted to embrace the beauty trends of minority cultures, minorities, on the other hand, are unquestionably permitted to dye their hair blonde to resemble Caucasians. Dare not question these women!

Then, liberals ventured even further out. They decided that yet another, even more divergently inconsistent theory needed to be added to their quagmire of illogical introversions of reality: the gender appropriation exception to cultural appropriation.

Gender appropriation, unlike cultural appropriation, is entirely permissible and even encouraged in the same liberal circles that berate caucasian girls for wearing Japanese dresses or African-American hairstyles.

A man, you see, is entirely within his cultural right to succumb to his mental ailments and to assume the identity and privileges of a woman. This is OK and must be recognized as an objective reality, liberals now claimed. They began litigating to force acceptance of gender appropriation.

You've never actually met a liberal have you. Your entire idea of what liberals are like and how they act is based on crap articles you read on crap fake news site like townhall and gateway pundit.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (10-08-2019),Standing Wolf (10-08-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    warning

Warning

Let's stay on topic and not discuss the posters

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post

When you represent the claims and opinions of a relative handful of columnists, spokespersons and talking heads in the "liberal" community as being those of all or even most liberals, you...well, I'll keep DG's warning to Crepitus in mind and just say, you err.

It would be easy enough to collect some fringe right-wing crackpots' comments and assertions and characterize them as fairly representative of "conservative thinking", but that would be lazy and foolish of me.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (10-08-2019),BenjaminO (10-08-2019),Crepitus (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    You've never actually met a liberal have you. Your entire idea of what liberals are like and how they act is based on crap articles you read on crap fake news site like townhall and gateway pundit.
    I think most liberals are concerned about women in sports being beat out by transgenders but they're kind of between a rock and a hard place. It's hard to ensure transgenders are treated as if they are the gender with which they identify and protect women's sports at the same time.

I think there has to be a happy medium, but I fear that will mean male transgenders might not qualify to play in women's sports.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,483x in 15,899 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I think most liberals are concerned about women in sports being beat out by transgenders but they're kind of between a rock and a hard place. It's hard to ensure transgenders are treated as if they are the gender with which they identify and protect women's sports at the same time.

I think there has to be a happy medium, but I fear that will mean male transgenders might not qualify to play in women's sports.
    The solution is simple... If a person is genetically male, he is male. It doesn't matter what his delusions are, he is male.

Treat him as such and stop pandering to his mental illness.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-08-2019),FindersKeepers (10-08-2019),MMC (10-08-2019),Rationalist (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    The solution is simple... If a person is genetically male, he is male. It doesn't matter what his delusions are, he is male.

Treat him as such and stop pandering to his mental illness.
    It is amazing you would call this mental illness when there is no evidence that all people who experience this condition are mentally ill. You have no credentials to affirm your claim.
    Yet when someone declares Don a narcissist or having other mental problems you question their credentials.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenjaminO For This Useful Post:

Agent Zero (10-08-2019),AZ Jim (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminO View Post
    It is amazing you would call this mental illness when there is no evidence that all people who experience this condition are mentally ill. You have no credentials to affirm your claim.
    Yet when someone declares Don a narcissist or having other mental problems you question their credentials.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.
    Now wait a minute. Earlier in this thread, some liberal posters were rejecting the idea that liberals support the notion that someone can be a different gender just by identifying as such. Now, you're saying that it's not mental illness to have this identity issue.

Which is it? Either gender dysphoria is a real thing and you can appropriate gender if you identify as such, or it is a mental illness that should not be accommodated by open society.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-08-2019),MMC (10-08-2019)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,433
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Agent Zero's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,784x in 1,405 Posts
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologized in advance for this thread being brought to my attention.

The statement “A man, you see, is entirely within his cultural right to succumb to his mental ailments and to assume the identity and privileges of a woman” is terminally fraught with misconceptions, bigotry, and outright stupidfuckery to be considered in any rational argument.

Apparently the OP has succumbed to his inner mental Neanderthal.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (10-08-2019),BenjaminO (10-08-2019)

+ Reply to Thread