Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    They estimate around 80,000 people died from the flu last season...
    The key word being estimate. In most cases where flu is attributed as the cause of death, it's usually just a guess. Rarely if ever is a thorough autopsy conducted to determine, definitively, that the person in question died from the flu virus. Because in the overwhelming majority of such cases, the person is already quite old and feeble - basically, they were already at death's door. So whether it was a flu virus or some other opportunistic infection that killed them is largely moot at that point.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-13-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I really doubt that. SCOTUS has upheld mandates and allowed charging a small fine for non-compliance, but the video says "at gunpoint," and I think we all know that won't happen.
    Once they've upheld mandates in principle, it's only a matter of time before it's done at gunpoint. Governments throughout history only tend to go in one direction: Bigger and more aggressive. I would like to see a single example in history where a government had the power to do something and didn't eventually abuse it in some way.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Helena (10-13-2019),The Xl (10-13-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    The idea behind the vaccine is to prep your body's immune system so it isn't overwhelmed by a powerful flu virus the first time it encounters it naturally.
    I understand the idea behind vaccination quite well. I've studied quite a bit of science and mathematics in college. And what started as a legitimate scientific practice has become just another corporate racket based on maximizing profits. I'm not sure how people are able to ignore that 800 pound gorilla in the room. The corporations who manufacture and distribute vaccines do billions in annual sales. You don't think they are sitting around thinking up ways to increase their bottom line by pumping up the demand for their product?

Anyway, your body develops immunity naturally. That is a consequence of billions of years of evolution. Vaccines can be used on a limited and targeted basis to augment our natural immunity, but using vaccines as the first and foremost defense against infectious diseases is misguided.

As far as why healthy people should get vaccinated?

So they don't get sick and spread it to not so health folks.

You got elderly parents/grandparents? Small children? Even if you don't somebody does.

It's a societal thing.
    But why would unhealthy people be at risk if they've already been vaccinated themselves? Isn't that the entire point of vaccinations, to grant them immunity?

Go get a damn flu shot.
    I haven't had a flu shot in like fifteen years. You know how many times I've had the flu in that time? Zero. It's almost as if my body has a natural defense against infectious agents.
    --John Adams

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-13-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Xl View Post
    I have no doubt about the scientific validity of vaccines, I also have no doubt that the government and the for profit medical industry doesn't give a $#@! about people and makes themselves legally except from all wrong doing. While vaccines may be valid scientifically, these jackasses clearly lace them with stuff that makes people ill, because the business of people being sick is big business. Haven't had a flu shot in well over 10 years and not one case of the flu. Had two neighbors take the shot and get violently ill immediately. What a giant coincidence.
    Yeah, I was talking about this with some people the other day. One guy said that he gets the flu shot every year and then joked about how he ends up getting the flu anyway. It doesn't seem like these flu vaccines are even that effective.
    --John Adams

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-13-2019),The Xl (10-13-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Once they've upheld mandates in principle, it's only a matter of time before it's done at gunpoint. Governments throughout history only tend to go in one direction: Bigger and more aggressive. I would like to see a single example in history where a government had the power to do something and didn't eventually abuse it in some way.
    There's no evidence of that. Mandates in the US have been in place since 1904 - more than 115 years ago - and gunpoint has yet to come. You're just fearmongering. And, you're not doing a great job of it.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key word being estimate. In most cases where flu is attributed as the cause of death, it's usually just a guess. Rarely if ever is a thorough autopsy conducted to determine, definitively, that the person in question died from the flu virus. Because in the overwhelming majority of such cases, the person is already quite old and feeble - basically, they were already at death's door. So whether it was a flu virus or some other opportunistic infection that killed them is largely moot at that point.
    That's not how the estimate is arrived at. I posted a link to the CDC explaining exactly how they figure their estimates -- it's pretty scientific.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the idea behind vaccination quite well. I've studied quite a bit of science and mathematics in college. And what started as a legitimate scientific practice has become just another corporate racket based on maximizing profits. I'm not sure how people are able to ignore that 800 pound gorilla in the room. The corporations who manufacture and distribute vaccines do billions in annual sales. You don't think they are sitting around thinking up ways to increase their bottom line by pumping up the demand for their product?

Anyway, your body develops immunity naturally. That is a consequence of billions of years of evolution. Vaccines can be used on a limited and targeted basis to augment our natural immunity, but using vaccines as the first and foremost defense against infectious diseases is misguided.
    This is true - a normal healthy body develops immunity over time, but that immunity can be weakened if the person is very young, very old, or suffering from another illness. Healthy people can also die from the flu, but it's more common in the groups I mentioned.

None of this is relevant, however, as long as people are free to either be vaccinated or not. And, that's the way it is -- we're all free to choose. So, no problem.
    But why would unhealthy people be at risk if they've already been vaccinated themselves? Isn't that the entire point of vaccinations, to grant them immunity?
    There's always a small percentage for whom the vaccinations do not work. There's also strains of the flu virus that are not covered by the current year's vaccine. So, yes, the flu can be deadly even if you've been vaccinated. It's just that your odds are better if you are vaccinated.
    I haven't had a flu shot in like fifteen years. You know how many times I've had the flu in that time? Zero. It's almost as if my body has a natural defense against infectious agents.
    Same here -- I don't do flu shots. But, that's my choice, just as it is your choice. For those who want the shots -- they're free to get them. I'm not sure why anyone opposes that.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    It is too much from whatever source.

And I said heavy metals. Not mercury which is a heavy metal. There are more heavy metals in vaccines than mercury.
    Dude, "vaccination news"? Seriously?

And no, there are no other heavy metals in vaccines.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,501x in 94,943 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Dude, "vaccination news"? Seriously?

And no, there are no other heavy metals in vaccines.
    Yes they do

3. Aluminum Salts

4. Thimerosal

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-14-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people cannot get flu shots for real reasons.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

+ Reply to Thread