Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    There's no evidence of that.
    Except all of human history...

Mandates in the US have been in place since 1904 - more than 115 years ago - and gunpoint has yet to come.
    Government mandates, by their very nature, are enforced through violence or the threat of violence, so I'm not sure how you arrived at such a bizarre conclusion.

You're just fearmongering. And, you're not doing a great job of it.
    Actually, I'm just describing the nature of government power. It is the most abused and misused type of authority in human history.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Yes they do

3. Aluminum Salts

4. Thimerosal
    Aluminum is:

1. Not a heavy metal.

2. Used as a food additive.

3. A major component of antacids.

4. Let's not even get started on beverage containers and cookware.

Thimerosol is the mercury, which as previously noted is less than you would get from a large tuna sandwich.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not how the estimate is arrived at.
    Yes, it is. Estimate is just another word for guess. They're guessing.

I posted a link to the CDC explaining exactly how they figure their estimates...
    I'm aware of how they arrive at their estimates. It's a gross exaggeration meant to scare people into purchasing more flu shots.

...it's pretty scientific.
    No, not really. It's more public relations than anything.

(OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY FOR PLANNING AND EVALUATION) CDC — INFLUENZA DEATHS: REQUEST FOR CORRECTION (RFC)

US data on influenza deaths are false and misleading. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) acknowledges a difference between flu death and flu associated death yet uses the terms interchangeably. Additionally, there are significant statistical incompatibilities between official estimates and national vital statistics data. Compounding these problems is a marketing of fear—a CDC communications strategy in which medical experts "predict dire outcomes" during flu seasons.

The CDC website states what has become commonly accepted and widely reported in the lay and scientific press: annually "about 36 000 [Americans] die from flu" (www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease.htm) and "influenza/pneumonia" is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States (www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm). But why are flu and pneumonia bundled together? Is the relationship so strong or unique to warrant characterizing them as a single cause of death? David Rosenthal, director of Harvard University Health Services, said, "People don't necessarily die, per se, of the [flu] virus—the viraemia. What they die of is a secondary pneumonia. So many of these pneumonias are not viral pneumonias but secondary [pneumonias]." But Dr Rosenthal agreed that the flu/pneumonia relationship was not unique. For instance, a recent study (JAMA 2004;292: 1955-60[Abstract/Free Full Text]) found that stomach acid suppressing drugs are associated with a higher risk of community acquired pneumonia, but such drugs and pneumonia are not compiled as a single statistic. CDC states that the historic 1968-9 "Hong Kong flu" pandemic killed 34 000 Americans. At the same time, CDC claims 36 000 Americans annually die from flu. What is going on?

Meanwhile, according to the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), "influenza and pneumonia" took 62 034 lives in 2001—61 777 of which were attributed to pneumonia and 257 to flu, and in only 18 cases was flu virus positively identified. Between 1979 and 2002, NCHS data show an average 1348 flu deaths per year (range 257 to 3006). The NCHS data would be compatible with CDC mortality estimates if about half of the deaths classed by the NCHS as pneumonia were actually flu initiated secondary pneumonias. But the NCHS criteria indicate otherwise: "Cause-of-death statistics are based solely on the underlying cause of death... defined by WHO as `the disease or injury which initiated the train of events leading directly to death.'" In a written statement, CDC media relations responded to the diverse statistics: "Typically, influenza causes death when the infection leads to severe medical complications." And as most such cases "are never tested for virus infection...CDC considers these [NCHS] figures to be a very substantial undercounting of the true number of deaths from influenza. Therefore, the CDC uses indirect modelling methods to estimate the number of deaths associated with influenza." CDC's model calculated an average annual 36 155 deaths from influenza associated underlying respiratory and circulatory causes (JAMA 2003;289: 179-86[Abstract/Free Full Text]). Less than a quarter of these (8097) were described as flu or flu associated underlying pneumonia deaths. Thus the much publicised figure of 36 000 is not an estimate of yearly flu deaths, as widely reported in both the lay and scientific press, but an estimate—generated by a model—of flu-associated death. William Thompson of the CDC's National Immunization Program (NIP), and lead author of the CDC's 2003 JAMA article, explained that "influenza-associated mortality" is "a statistical association between deaths and viral data available." He said that an association does not imply an underlying cause of death: "Based on modelling, we think it's associated. I don't know that we would say that it's the underlying cause of death." Yet this stance is incompatible with the CDC assertion that the flu kills 36 000 people a year—a misrepresentation that is yet to be publicly corrected. Before 2003 CDC said that 20 000 influenza-associated deaths occurred each year. The new figure of 36 000 reported in the January 2003 JAMA paper is an estimate of influenza-associated mortality over the 1990s. Keiji Fukuda, a flu researcher and a co-author of the paper, has been quoted as offering two possible causes for this 80% increase: "One is that the number of people older than 65 is growing larger...The second possible reason is the type of virus that predominated in the 1990s [was more virulent]." However, the 65-plus population grew just 12% between 1990 and 2000. And if flu virus was truly more virulent over the 1990s, one would expect more deaths. But flu deaths recorded by the NCHS were on average 30% lower in the 1990s than the 1980s.

At the 2004 "National Influenza Vaccine Summit," co-sponsored by CDC and the American Medical Association, Glen Nowak, associate director for communications at the NIP, spoke on using the media to boost demand for the vaccine. One step of a "Seven-Step `Recipe' for Generating Interest in, and Demand for, Flu (or any other) Vaccination" occurs when "medical experts and public health authorities publicly...state concern and alarm (and predict dire outcomes)—and urge influenza vaccination" (http://www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upl..._flu_nowak.pdf). Another step entails "continued reports...that influenza is causing severe illness and/or affecting lots of people, helping foster the perception that many people are susceptible to a bad case of influenza." Preceding the summit, demand had been low early into the 2003 flu season. "At that point, the manufacturers were telling us that they weren't receiving a lot of orders for vaccine for use in November or even December," recalled Dr Nowak on National Public Radio. "It really did look like we needed to do something to encourage people to get a flu shot." If flu is in fact not a major cause of death, this public relations approach is surely exaggerated. Moreover, by arbitrarily linking flu with pneumonia, current data are statistically biased. Until corrected and until unbiased statistics are developed, the chances for sound discussion and public health policy are limited.
    (Huff Post) Don't Believe Everything You Read About Flu Deaths

...According to the National Vital Statistics System in the U.S., for example, annual flu deaths in 2010 amounted to just 500 per year -- fewer than deaths from ulcers (2,977), hernias (1,832) and pregnancy and childbirth (825), and a far cry from the big killers such as heart disease (597,689) and cancers (574,743). The story is similar in Canada, where unlikely killers likewise dwarf Statistics Canada's count of flu deaths.

Even that 500 figure for the U.S. could be too high, according to analyses in authoritative journals such as the American Journal of Public Health and the British Medical Journal. Only about 15-20 per cent of people who come down with flu-like symptoms have the influenza virus -- the other 80-85 per cent actually caught rhinovirus or other germs that are indistinguishable from the true flu without laboratory tests, which are rarely done. In 2001, a year in which death certificates listed 257 Americans as having died of flu, only 18 were positively identified as true flus. The other 239 were simply assumed to be flus and most likely had few true flus among them...

..."Cause-of-death statistics are based solely on the underlying cause of death [internationally defined] as 'the disease or injury which initiated the train of events leading directly to death,'" explains the National Center for Health Statistics. Because the flu was rarely an "underlying cause of death," the CDC created the sound-alike term, "influenza-associated death."

Using this new, loose definition, CDC's computer models could tally people who died of a heart ailment or other causes after having the flu. As William Thompson of the CDC's National Immunization Program admitted, influenza-associated mortality is "a statistical association ... I don't know that we would say that it's the underlying cause of death."...
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-14-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true - a normal healthy body develops immunity over time, but that immunity can be weakened if the person is very young, very old, or suffering from another illness. Healthy people can also die from the flu, but it's more common in the groups I mentioned.
    The overwhelming majority of deaths attributed to flu occur in the extremely old and infirm. And those attributions, by and large, are just guesses based on computer modeling.

None of this is relevant, however, as long as people are free to either be vaccinated or not. And, that's the way it is -- we're all free to choose. So, no problem.
    Of course it's relevant. The CDC is engaged in a campaign of fearmongering in order to increase the demand for flu shots. And anyone with an ounce of common sense can see where this is leading to.

There's always a small percentage for whom the vaccinations do not work. There's also strains of the flu virus that are not covered by the current year's vaccine. So, yes, the flu can be deadly even if you've been vaccinated. It's just that your odds are better if you are vaccinated.
    Okay, but what does any of that have to do with healthy people who are being told by the CDC to get yearly flu vaccines?

Same here -- I don't do flu shots. But, that's my choice, just as it is your choice. For those who want the shots -- they're free to get them. I'm not sure why anyone opposes that.
    I'm not sure why you think anyone opposes that. What we do oppose is the creeping authoritarianism of those attempting to push a wider and wider range of needless vaccines on the general population.
    --John Adams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-14-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Some people cannot get flu shots for real reasons.
    You're talking about a tiny percentage of the population who are already so infirm that they could die from scrapping their elbow. Many of them are so sick that they can't even get out of bed. Pressuring people like me into getting a yearly flu vaccine isn't going to increase their chances of survival in any significant way.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 10-13-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rooster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 119x in 74 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Most definitely Kook is my middle name, although some would argue it is my first and last name too, LOL. But these terrible medical technologies have terrible implications. Can you just imagine how other nations could be planning to weaponize viruses to release on enemy nations. They could just vaccinate their own population to protect them, then release horrible crap onto the world. The implications are real and terribly alarming. How much more so when our gov starts to try and perfect their own population with gene therapy. And who knows if it is already being secretly used. Other nations have already claimed that the population has become sterile after getting a US vaccination. Who knows.

I can see the possibilities, yes. But people have been saying things like that since fire was invented...It will destroy the world!
    Take away some of the drama and it's just another money making scheme by the pharmaceuticals.
    Will it hurt people who are subjected to it? I don't know. Will it change them, yes, but is that all bad?
    I think it opens a whole new area for disease control too, downstream.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MeanwhIle back on "Flu Bayou"..
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm not sure why you think anyone opposes that. What we do oppose is the creeping authoritarianism of those attempting to push a wider and wider range of needless vaccines on the general population.
    Okay, I'm with you on this -- but as long as the "push" allows for individual choice, I'm not opposed. I get what you're saying when it comes to vaccines such as the measles vaccine. The CDC pushes and makes a big deal out of "measles outbreaks" to try and wrangle tougher mandates, yet those outbreaks are statistically meaningless and no one is dying from the measles in the US. I do get that.

I just don't agree that a Universal Flu Vaccine will be mandatory. Especially not at gunpoint. I think that's beyond what the American people will ever sit still for. And, we are still a constitutional republic based on federalism so the people do have a voice.

Parents should be able to opt-out of vaccines for their kids for virtually any reason. Most parents will choose to vaccinate and that's okay, too.

I'm all about choice.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,527x in 94,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aluminum is:

1. Not a heavy metal.
    Technically true. But it is for health purposes.
    2. Used as a food additive.

3. A major component of antacids.

4. Let's not even get started on beverage containers and cookware.
    So we should take care to limit our exposure. We need some aluminium but as with many things too much is toxic.
    Thimerosol is the mercury, which as previously noted is less than you would get from a large tuna sandwich.
    Unlike aluminium that benefits the human body until you reach toxic levels, mercury has no safe levels for human consumption. It is a poison. The FDA recommends that the maximum daily limit of mercury to be:

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends consuming a daily maximum of 0.1 micrograms of mercury for each kilogram of your body weight. That would limit a 176-pound adult (the national average) to 8 micrograms of mercury each day.
    So for a 176 lbs (that is how much I weighed during my last Iraq deployment) man what would the exposure to ethyl mercury be? (Thimerosal is just under 50% mercury.) The FDA says that the ethyl mercury in vaccines be 10.5 mricograms. So the FDA admits that some vaccines contain more ethyl mercury than the EPA considers safe (and that is suspect, since they also say there is no safe limit). But either way you are getting too much from vaccines. And why? The FDA claims that they make vaccines for children under 6 months with zero Thimerosal.

Cool. Make them all that way. I suspect they don't because of cost. Well here is a tip for the pharmaceutical industry. If you earmarked a flu vaccination shot for me and expect to get paid - don't. I am not getting the shot. You will have to write it off as a loss.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

LescoBrandon (12-16-2022)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still remember when I posted this thread less than two months before the covid outbreak.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

+ Reply to Thread