User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump announces steel tariffs and sanctions on Turkey in response to assault on Kurds

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trump announces steel tariffs and sanctions on Turkey in response to assault on Kurds

President Trump is imposing tariffs on Turkey and announced a plan to authorize sanctions on Turkish government officials involved in the assault on U.S. partners in Syria.

“The United States will aggressively use economic sanctions to target those who enable, facilitate, and finance these heinous acts in Syria,” Trump announced Monday afternoon. “I am fully prepared to swiftly destroy Turkey’s economy if Turkish leaders continue down this dangerous and destructive path.”

Turkey will not be able to negotiate a trade deal with the United States, according to the president’s statement, and he will raise tariffs on Turkish steel from 25% to 50%.

“Turkey’s military offensive is endangering civilians and threatening peace, stability, and security in the region,” Trump said. “I have been perfectly clear with [Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan]: Turkey’s action is precipitating a humanitarian crisis and setting conditions for possible war crimes.” ….snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...sault-on-kurds

Better late than never huh? I wonder if the leftness can figure out who the Never Trumpers are at the Washington Examiner. Nah....my bad. I forgot they hve always have trouble with reality.

Trump has screwed the pooch on this one. Turkey is no better than Iran. What we should do is bomb the Turks back to their Islamo-paradise. Then push to kick Turkey out of NATO.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,431x in 94,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is acting in US national interests. No American needs to die for Kurds. We can apply economic and diplomatic pressure against Turkey. We can give the Kurds advanced anti-air and anti-tank weapons (with short-life batteries). This is consistent with Trump's foreign policy speech in April of 2016. The best foreign policy speech ever given in the United States (as I said at that time).

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-14-2019),texan (10-14-2019)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    President Trump is imposing tariffs on Turkey and announced a plan to authorize sanctions on Turkish government officials involved in the assault on U.S. partners in Syria.

“The United States will aggressively use economic sanctions to target those who enable, facilitate, and finance these heinous acts in Syria,” Trump announced Monday afternoon. “I am fully prepared to swiftly destroy Turkey’s economy if Turkish leaders continue down this dangerous and destructive path.”

Turkey will not be able to negotiate a trade deal with the United States, according to the president’s statement, and he will raise tariffs on Turkish steel from 25% to 50%.

“Turkey’s military offensive is endangering civilians and threatening peace, stability, and security in the region,” Trump said. “I have been perfectly clear with [Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan]: Turkey’s action is precipitating a humanitarian crisis and setting conditions for possible war crimes.” ….snip~

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...sault-on-kurds

Better late than never huh? I wonder if the leftness can figure out who the Never Trumpers are at the Washington Examiner. Nah....my bad. I forgot they hve always have trouble with reality.

Trump has screwed the pooch on this one. Turkey is no better than Iran. What we should do is bomb the Turks back to their Islamo-paradise. Then push to kick Turkey out of NATO.
    I've been saying Trump was wrong from the start. Wrong is the best thing I have been called. I don't know why Trump is talking about sanctions if nothing was done wrong.

I do know the Kurds have struck a deal with Assad to fight the Turks. While the Russians can't cross into Turkey, they can raise Hell on them elsewhere.

No, I don't have anybody directly involved there but I know that thousands of ISIS fighters are on the loose. I can't see that as a good thing. Trump made a huge mistake. There are some who will never will never see that.

I'm still going to vote for him.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Captdon;2714830]I've been saying Trump was wrong from the start. Wrong is the best thing I have been called. I don't know why Trump is talking about sanctions if nothing was done wrong.

I do know the Kurds have struck a deal with Assad to fight the Turks. While the Russians can't cross into Turkey, they can raise Hell on them elsewhere.

No, I don't have anybody directly involved there but I know that thousands of ISIS fighters are on the loose. I can't see that as a good thing. Trump made a huge mistake. There are some who will never will never see that.

I'm still going to vote for him.[/QUOTE]
    I agree with his actions here. But I am not voting for him. Unless he is impeached. Then I may bite the bullet to punish the Dems.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-14-2019)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Trump is acting in US national interests. No American needs to die for Kurds. We can apply economic and diplomatic pressure against Turkey. We can give the Kurds advanced anti-air and anti-tank weapons (with short-life batteries). This is consistent with Trump's foreign policy speech in April of 2016. The best foreign policy speech ever given in the United States (as I said at that time).

Yea, he just had to wait until the Kurds helped whip ass on ISIS. Now he can do whatever he's doing. He could have done it on 01/21/2017. That would have been keeping a promise. This has nothing to do with his promise. It's bull$#@!.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Yea, he just had to wait until the Kurds helped whip ass on ISIS. Now he can do whatever he's doing. He could have done it on 012/21/2017. That would have been keeping a promise. This has nothing to do with his promise. It's bull$#@!.
    I disagree. The Kurds needed us to support them because ISIL was going to murder them. They knew the deal. We never told them we would support a Kurdish state. In fact we encouraged them to work with Iraq and Syria to create limited local rule.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been saying Trump was wrong from the start. Wrong is the best thing I have been called. I don't know why Trump is talking about sanctions if nothing was done wrong.

I'm still going to vote for him.
    I agree with you about it being a mistake. The Turks have threatened the Europeans and those mopes are to stupid to figure it out. Plus Erdo is going after Christians, not just the Kurds. Then there is the matter of Erdo cozying up to Russia.

Erdo fancies himself as a Ruler of a Caliphate. We should bring him back to reality.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Peter1469;2714834]

I'm still going to vote for him.[/QUOTE]
    I agree with his actions here. But I am not voting for him. Unless he is impeached. Then I may bite the bullet to punish the Dems.
    Pete....Always punish the Democrats and leftists. ALWAYS!

They are more of a threat to the country than anyone else.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-14-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,689
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,780x in 3,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pure bred neocons would have us there policing forever.
    Last edited by texan; 10-14-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    I am tired of everyone fighting with each other. This is all by design.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    The pure bred neocons would have us there policing forever.
    That is to be expected.....then they want us to Counter China in Asia.

+ Reply to Thread