Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,626x in 14,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current Network TV themes

Consist of a base narrative that goes as follows.

1) Racism and sexism are one way streets
    2) Racism and sexism are the same as they were 50 years ago and somehow the CR movement accomplished nothing.
    3) In general white people are bad.
    4) In general males are bad
    5) White males are super bad!
    6) Only white males commit hate crimes. And Muslims never do so against Christians. Blacks never do so against whites of browns.
    7) For every real white nationalist we will infer the existence of a hundred.

TV has always dramatized things and stretched reality. It's an escape, so that makes some sense. But THIS STUFF should come with disclaimers!
    For example. "Real events and crime statistics, every day life , racial tensions etc. bear less resemblance to what you see here than would the societies of another planet."

Maybe FOX should throw out some shows that represent real statistics , hell even slant them the other way. The fact that numerous young black males are being murdered by other young black males with guns they cannot possess under current law not white supremist. The fact that "me too" DID include false allegations. The reveal that the dems NEED victims not citizens. That black and brown women sometimes commit crimes. ETC. The treatment men receive from DV agencies. ETC.

I'm no fan of FOX news but if the network really believes in their own hype they could tailor their TV shows to level the propaganda table.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (10-18-2019),MisterVeritis (10-18-2019),pjohns (10-18-2019)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,276x in 2,738 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And have you ever noticed that those in positions of power are usually minorities and/or women?

It is as if those who create these shows actually believe that they can create the sort of society that they would prefer, simply by showing it on TV...

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,292
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,254x in 12,379 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Consist of a base narrative that goes as follows.

1) Racism and sexism are one way streets
    2) Racism and sexism are the same as they were 50 years ago and somehow the CR movement accomplished nothing.
    3) In general white people are bad.
    4) In general males are bad
    5) White males are super bad!
    6) Only white males commit hate crimes. And Muslims never do so against Christians. Blacks never do so against whites of browns.
    7) For every real white nationalist we will infer the existence of a hundred.

TV has always dramatized things and stretched reality. It's an escape, so that makes some sense. But THIS STUFF should come with disclaimers!
    For example. "Real events and crime statistics, every day life , racial tensions etc. bear less resemblance to what you see here than would the societies of another planet."

Maybe FOX should throw out some shows that represent real statistics , hell even slant them the other way. The fact that numerous young black males are being murdered by other young black males with guns they cannot possess under current law not white supremist. The fact that "me too" DID include false allegations. The reveal that the dems NEED victims not citizens. That black and brown women sometimes commit crimes. ETC. The treatment men receive from DV agencies. ETC.

I'm no fan of FOX news but if the network really believes in their own hype they could tailor their TV shows to level the propaganda table.
    Are you basing all of this on personal observation, don? If so, what shows are you watching? If not, who wrote the list and where did you find it?

Sorry, but this sounds like just more of the same self-pitying snowflake-ism we've heard about before.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Are you basing all of this on personal observation, don? If so, what shows are you watching? If not, who wrote the list and where did you find it?

Sorry, but this sounds like just more of the same self-pitying snowflake-ism we've heard about before.
    Personal observation. I wrote the list . Virtually any network TV I've seen this year. I know you , for reason, ignore the obvious anti-white white male propaganda. But you'd have to stick your head in the sand to ignore this.
    In one show two female docs were talking about how they had to "work twice as hard as men" when in fact med school is full of women. Every cop show battles white nationalist but never Islamic terrorist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

pjohns (10-20-2019)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,292
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,254x in 12,379 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Personal observation. I wrote the list . Virtually any network TV I've seen this year. I know you , for reason, ignore the obvious anti-white white male propaganda. But you'd have to stick your head in the sand to ignore this.
    In one show two female docs were talking about how they had to "work twice as hard as men" when in fact med school is full of women. Every cop show battles white nationalist but never Islamic terrorist.
    I watch a lot of cop shows, too, as a matter of fact. 'Blue Bloods', for example - a long-running show about a devoutly Catholic Irish-American family of cops and lawyers. 'Law & Order: SVU', three different 'NCIS' shows, etc.

The good guys (and women) are mostly White, the criminals a good mix, but, as in real life for the most part, the white collar criminals are mostly White, while the street thugs tend to be people of color.

Several of the things you mention as "never happening", like hate crimes by Blacks and other minorities, do occur with regularity on those shows. We also see a lot of racial animosity by Black people depicted on some shows, especially 'Blue Bloods'.

As for "every cop show [battling] white nationalist but never Islamic terrorist", I've seen the cops on those shows going after Islamic extremists probably more than they have occasion to do in real life - that kind of thing being pretty infrequent compared with "regular" crime by Americans. There was a story line last season on 'N.C.I.S. New Orleans' about White nationalists, but I can't recall seeing any others recently. The cops on 'N.C.I.S. Los Angeles', on the other hand, seem to be going after some Middle East terrorist threat about every third episode.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much that's more pathetic than white males claiming victim status.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-19-2019),Standing Wolf (10-20-2019),stephenpe (10-20-2019)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,276x in 2,738 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    There's not much that's more pathetic than white males claiming victim status.
    It really depends upon the definition of "victim."

If one defines "victim" as someone who does not prosper in society--and that, because the person in question is held back by others--then it would surely be preposterous for white males to claim victim status.

But I think what we are really discussing here is the demonization of white males by The Elite...

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,051
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,859x in 1,905 Posts
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    It really depends upon the definition of "victim."

But I think what we are really discussing here is the demonization of white males by The Elite...
    I spend way too much time in another forum and your premise is a big issue for a few of them. Their idea is the media and hollywood has chosen white males as the worst character in America now. I am sure there are TV shows and talking heads and politicians that come across anti white male and certainly women have made huge inroads into politics. But I dont look to the media or shows to tell me what is going on in my world. All around me whites and blacks are interacting, working together and I would swear getting along well. I live in the deep south. I taught hundreds of whiet and black kids. Most of them are adults with jobs now. Personally, I feel no threat to my gender or race at any time. I treat people differently with respect and 99% of the time have it returned to me. This online world seems to perpetuate stereotypes and confirm what we believe. I am old enough to remember when racism meant something different. Hate now days, without power , is just ignorance and fear..........

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I watch a lot of cop shows, too, as a matter of fact. 'Blue Bloods', for example - a long-running show about a devoutly Catholic Irish-American family of cops and lawyers. 'Law & Order: SVU', three different 'NCIS' shows, etc.

The good guys (and women) are mostly White, the criminals a good mix, but, as in real life for the most part, the white collar criminals are mostly White, while the street thugs tend to be people of color.

Several of the things you mention as "never happening", like hate crimes by Blacks and other minorities, do occur with regularity on those shows. We also see a lot of racial animosity by Black people depicted on some shows, especially 'Blue Bloods'.

As for "every cop show [battling] white nationalist but never Islamic terrorist", I've seen the cops on those shows going after Islamic extremists probably more than they have occasion to do in real life - that kind of thing being pretty infrequent compared with "regular" crime by Americans. There was a story line last season on 'N.C.I.S. New Orleans' about White nationalists, but I can't recall seeing any others recently. The cops on 'N.C.I.S. Los Angeles', on the other hand, seem to be going after some Middle East terrorist threat about every third episode.

So Wolf. You are saying the blacks committing hate crimes is a regular occurance on "Hill street Blues meets the Waltons" ( Bluebloods.) ? I'll ask the wife , who watches the show regularly, much to our ribbing and she how many of those she remembers. SVU does do some interesting stuff.

Cops do everything on TV even more than they do in real life. For example an officer involved shooting does not get to finish the day after he shoots the bad guy. He or she may well be ordered to therapy as they should be.

I denied it for along time , but Network TV has an agenda and it's anti-white men. Ecept of course the good looking men the feminist wouldn't watch the show without.

+ Reply to Thread