Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,648x in 9,224 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I didn't know that. Thanks for the link. Sure has been a lot of people being banned lately.
    It's been my experience here and other forums banning sort of runs in multiples, 2, 3, 4 within days or weeks then things settle down a bit for a while.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-09-2019)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,155x in 730 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brainaic View Post
    If you are into the history of things that are absolutely meaningless, maybe you would be interested in looking up something like the history of baking cookies. If you would like to know more about more consequential history, just send me a PM to let me know.

Attachment 27267

?????

I know I was gone for 30 days but was wondering what a squad of black Yankee soldiers has to do with baking cookies?
    (auto censor did not like the word Nee grow for some silly reason)
    ...but am glad I will never get a reply from you now.
    Forget about the Nazis. Look to much more recent failings to see what may affect the US.
    "Smart people learn from their mistakes. Even smarter people learn from the mistakes of others".
    -Brandon Mull, Fablehaven.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,992x in 9,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brainaic View Post
    Napoleon once said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Tolstoy said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true." Whatever you know about history, the opposite is almost certainly the truth. Also, much of history is determined by the outcome of conflict. As it is said, "History is written by the victors." Another truism about war is that, "In war, truth is the first casualty." For the winning side, it remains a casualty. I know with certainty that the vast majority of people around here aren't the least bit interested in the real truth. But should you ever feel like taking a walk on the wild (truthful) side, come over to The Truth Zone forum and introduce yourself to me. My username over there is moronfinder. Not that I go looking for morons. They seem to find me.

I would suppose that we know more of the truth today than we used to. Obviously those who's turf the war is fought on know the best. But LT. Kelly's trial opened many eyes. But if you really think it through would you not guess that murder and rape ( literal and figuratively) would be part and parcel of teaching 18-19 year old's to kill and blindly follow orders then inserting them into the most threatening/stressful situations imaginable? It takes a lot of marketing to get a society to offer up it's sons to these risk. Both the risk to them directly and what they might have to become and the risk that poses to others ( the undiscussed portion of (PTSD) All of this is bad enough when the need for war is real. we have been in very few such wars since WW 2.

+ Reply to Thread