Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car Tips Thread

I thought it would be cool to make a thread where we could share car tips. You know just basic knowledge stuff. I will kick it off with fogging windows, it's that time of the year again. I know for me, I live in a rainy place in Wa state rainy season is in full swing. That means foggy windows even with the heater on. One thing that works is just crack a window, but I was thinking of a better fix than cold air blowing in at me, Lol.

I recently tried one method on my passenger window, you put shaving cream on it and wipe it off. Hey it actually worked. It fogged slightly but just barely. While the rest of my windows fogged up.

I will post vid #1 of a person trying several different methods to see which ones really work. The second video is by Scotty Kilmer. I love him. He posts really great and informative videos'. I don't know about his method though, I haven't attempted it yet...…

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Helena (10-19-2019),Peter1469 (10-20-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I thought it would be cool to make a thread where we could share car tips. You know just basic knowledge stuff. I will kick it off with fogging windows, it's that time of the year again. I know for me, I live in a rainy place in Wa state rainy season is in full swing. That means foggy windows even with the heater on. One thing that works is just crack a window, but I was thinking of a better fix than cold air blowing in at me, Lol.

I recently tried one method on my passenger window, you put shaving cream on it and wipe it off. Hey it actually worked. It fogged slightly but just barely. While the rest of my windows fogged up.

I will post vid #1 of a person trying several different methods to see which ones really work. The second video is by Scotty Kilmer. I love him. He posts really great and informative videos'. I don't know about his method though, I haven't attempted it yet...…

https://www.simplemost.com/how-to-ea...om-fogging-up/
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-20-2019)

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change your oil regularly. That is the best thing you can do for your car. Failure to change a car's oil regularly is probably the number one reason for mechanical problems and failures down the road. And make sure the oil is actually changed. Some places will just charge you and not even change your oil. But if you learn how to change your own oil, it will never be a problem. It's actually quite easy. And you can always find a Youtube video showing you how to do it on almost any car.

Also, make sure to keep your tires inflated. Even a small amount of under-inflation in your tires can be bad for you car. It decreases your gas mileage and puts added strain on your car's suspension, axles, etc.

These are very easy, very simple things you can do that will significantly help your car run better for longer.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,575x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Change your oil regularly. That is the best thing you can do for your car. Failure to change a car's oil regularly is probably the number one reason for mechanical problems and failures down the road. And make sure the oil is actually changed. Some places will just charge you and not even change your oil. But if you learn how to change your own oil, it will never be a problem. It's actually quite easy. And you can always find a Youtube video showing you how to do it on almost any car.

Also, make sure to keep your tires inflated. Even a small amount of under-inflation in your tires can be bad for you car. It decreases your gas mileage and puts added strain on your car's suspension, axles, etc.

These are very easy, very simple things you can do that will significantly help your car run better for longer.
    Prior to my current vehicle I changed oil every 3,000 miles. This Ford Escape, hybrid requires an oil change every 10,000 miles. I am not sure if it is because a hybrid, but probably so.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,516x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with changing your own oil is what to do with the oil. Back in the day we just buried it in the back yard. But I'm pretty sure that's life without parole now!
    Last edited by donttread; 10-20-2019 at 06:52 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,575x in 94,412 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The biggest problem with changing your own oil is what to do with the oil. Back in the day we just buried it in the back yard. But I'm pretty sure that's life without parole now!
    In high school I just dumped it into the street drain hole.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-20-2019)

+ Reply to Thread