Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    And....Walmart mentioned above.....paid 3.2 billion in federal income tax in 2018. Pass on to consumers my left ass cheek. The Dollar Store. The Big boxes. Delivery groceries, Amazon. Walmart has much pressure on it...….threats to their market shares. 3.2 billion a lot of bank every 12 months to be paying We the People and all y'all do is b1tch and moan. Your Amazon driver just dropped a package off on your front doorstep...….your new tablet keypad came in, you can now get on your friendly talk board and b1tch about corporations......not that your delivery has arrived and all and you used your Prime MEmbership to prepay shipping and you know.....when you've purchased your big corp product and had Amazon deliver......why......it's time to roast and toast corporations on your talk board.
    Do Walmart or Amazon actually produce anything ? or do they just profiteer off people's laziness ?........fact is they take the cream of the profit ,and either pay the local manufacturer only survival money , or just import everything from China.......and still hide their true profit in tax havens to avoid paying tax.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,104x in 10,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    Do Walmart or Amazon actually produce anything ? or do they just profiteer off people's laziness ?........fact is they take the cream of the profit ,and either pay the local manufacturer only survival money , or just import everything from China.......and still hide their true profit in tax havens to avoid paying tax.
    Using a Microsoft Windows operating system to type this, PJL? Another perhaps, let's walk through this. What are you typing your misinformed opinions on right now?

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best option for manufacturers is direct sales to the public . Walmart and Amazon are just glorified middle men. We need more support for manufacturers , not more glorified middle men....... people need good jobs and independence not free deliveries.
    Last edited by PJL; 10-23-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a Microsoft Windows operating system to type this, PJL? Another perhaps, let's walk through this. What are you typing your misinformed opinions on right now?
    The question was "do Walmart or Amazon actually produce anything"...............are you avoiding the question ?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best option for manufacturers is direct sales to the public . Walmart and Amazon are just glorified middle men.
    That the best option? What about international shipping fees if you live like.....in Australia....PJL? I mean, you tell me. How did the Amazon rollout in Australia go? I think they built a yuge plant in Melbourne and then in Sydney or is that one built yet? And from what I read in our Wall Street Journal, Australians have yearned to avoid massive international shipping fees?

You tell me how Amazon is doing. Have they made huge investments in Australia, have they created jobs?

And then…...isn't the reason why they paid no taxes....isn't it from rollover from previous years they weren't profitable.....and because of the massive amount they put into RnD.…….not to mention they must pay stockholders.....you know....those that poured money into Bezos' corporation, invested the money on order to earn profit, they get paid first......yes?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question was "do Walmart or Amazon actually produce anything"...............are you avoiding the question ?
    They produce jobs, PJL! I just wrote that and then to prove it....asked you how many jobs Amazon has created in your country, Australia? Have they created a massive fulfillment Center in Melbourne creating thousands of jobs already? Sir.

They create tax revenue. They produce consumers. They produce customer satisfaction when they deliver your packages.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why they use tax havens , that hide their true profit figures.....(lol)....in what way do you profit from being an apologist for parasitic corporations ?
    They aren't tax havens and do not hide their true profits. Shareholders wouldn't tolerate that. Neither would Uncle Sam.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-23-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That the best option? What about international shipping fees if you live like.....in Australia....PJL? I mean, you tell me. How did the Amazon rollout in Australia go?
    Amazon cut a loss , initially .....but that's expected . They always juggle the figures to show the least amount of profit possible , so they pay less tax. Nothing new , the global energy bludgers like Chevron and Exxon have been doing it for years. In recent times , Australia has seen a renaissance in local manufacturing and it's growing stronger. People are spending the extra to buy higher quality on everything from organic produce , to Australian made furniture and white goods and many other things . People have just grown tired of surrounding themselves and their personal environment with cheap imported garbage . It's a quality of life issue . Australia at one time , produced most things here , before the trend to move operations to Asia began......now they are either moving back home , or new business's are starting up to supply the domestic market . I know the same thing is happening in the US , and all countries that have had to endure the el-cheapo import thing. Personally , I'm a fan of US made tools and machinery (from handplanes through to large bandsaws).......but I contact the company directly to order and import what I want , and their service is first class , same as their products. I have no need for the Amazons or Alibabas of this world, and I never will........a growing trend.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't tax havens and do not hide their true profits. Shareholders wouldn't tolerate that. Neither would Uncle Sam.
    That a seriously distorted view of reality Ransome.........(lol)......paying no dividend to share-holders is all too common these days......particularly for large corporations that are running on borrowed money for buy-backs.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Buttigieg eyes 35% corporate tax rate to pay for health plan

This will result in less tax revenue from corporate taxes. Also personal taxes as the unemployment rate shoots up.

Talk about a drag on the economy.
    It wouldn't come close to working. It might pay for one day of it.He's playing to the crowd.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captdon For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-24-2019)

+ Reply to Thread