Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,473x in 2,940 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    My favorite of all is

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, who was the first American to be canonized and become a Saint, she is the favorite saint of immigrant and american Italians.

https://www.mothercabrini.org/what-w...e-new-york-ny/

She has a shrine in Upper Manhattan that contains her remains, I was brought there many times as a child, and my Aunt Anna, she had bought me a medal with a relic, a piece of Mother Cabrini's burial shroud, I have it around my neck 24hrs a day, I never remove it, the relic was bought for me when I was 7, it was kept in its box until I went in the military and before I deployed my Aunt Anna told me to put it on and never take it off and I never have. All the chrome or silver plating has long since worn off and its brass colored now.
    That is really lovely Common. There must only be a small handful of people who have the medal with a piece of the shroud. That is really unique.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Common @DGUtley thank you guys for posting your favorite Saints. I really enjoyed reading your links.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Common (10-22-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11,329x in 7,097 Posts
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    That is really lovely Common. There must only be a small handful of people who have the medal with a piece of the shroud. That is really unique.
    I dont know how many were sold, I do know they dont sell them anymore, I was thinking of taking a picture of it, if could figure out how to get it online and cut down the pixels to fit

Its actually my most treasured posession, my aunt anna was a mother to me, my mother her sister died when I was very young.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

GROUCHO MARX,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know how many were sold, I do know they dont sell them anymore, I was thinking of taking a picture of it, if could figure out how to get it online and cut down the pixels to fit

Its actually my most treasured posession, my aunt anna was a mother to me, my mother her sister died when I was very young.
    There couldn't have been too many sold. There was only one shroud. It is a rare relic. I am surprised they would piece it out but it is a good thing. I'm glad you have it. Don't take it off to take a pic though.

I can see how it would be your most treasured possession, for very good reason. That is a very precious thing, for several reasons.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteran
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,252x in 8,754 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's not forget St. John Paul II. A man who was Pope in my young adult life that transformed the world, helped defeat communism, gave hope to so many trapped behind the Iron Curtain, forged bridges between faiths and visited this country man times.

SOD-1022-SaintPopeJPII-790x480.jpg

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/saint-john-paul-ii/

One of the things I most remember about PJP2 was World Youth Day. I remember one such Day when you had over a million youth sitting outside chanting: "John Paul II we love you" rhythmically and the Pope chanted back: "John Paul II loves you too". I miss him dearly.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    texan's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,634x in 2,649 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean Peyton is my favorite.
    The Dem Party has done more to harm this country the last 4 years than Russia. They blame Trump for their fit throwing actions. That is total BS. Shameful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to texan For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (10-22-2019)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,012
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,221x in 5,892 Posts
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting Thank You for posting, heres some of my favorites

Michael is the patron saint of the Military, Police officers, Firemen, death, and people who work in dangerous conditions. His feast day is celebrated on the 29th of September. St. Michael the Archangel has inspired artists, accompanied souls, and protected God's people throughout the ages as the leader of the angels and a true warrior of God.

https://catholicsaintmedals.com/sain...the-archangel/
    Another Saint venerated in some places as a patron of soldiers is St. Martin of Tours aka Martin Caballero, often depicted on horseback cutting his cloak in two to help a naked beggar by the side of the road.

Appropriately, his feast day falls on November 11th.

However, my favorite Saint is Benedict of Nursia.

The early Middle Ages have been called "the Benedictine centuries."[22] In April 2008, Pope Benedict XVI discussed the influence St Benedict had on Western Europe. The pope said that "with his life and work St Benedict exercised a fundamental influence on the development of European civilization and culture" and helped Europe to emerge from the "dark night of history" that followed the fall of the Roman empire.[23]Saint Benedict contributed more than anyone else to the rise of monasticism in the West. His Rule was the foundationial document for thousands of religious communities in the Middle Ages.[24] To this day, The Rule of St. Benedict is the most common and influential Rule used by monasteries and monks, more than 1,400 years after its writing. Today the Benedictine family is represented by two branches: the Benedictine Federation and the Cistercians.[25]
    The influence of Saint Benedict produced "a true spiritual ferment" in Europe, and over the coming decades his followers spread across the continent to establish a new cultural unity based on Christian faith.

The Benedictine Mission House in Schuyler, Nebraska has been one of my favorite charities for many years, which led me to learn more about the man whose name the Order came from.
    “Inside of me there are two dogs. One is mean and evil and the other is good and they fight each other all the time. When asked which one wins I answer, the one I feed the most.”

- attributed to Sitting Bull

"I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-29-2019)

+ Reply to Thread