User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: tPFD Men with psychopathic traits...

  1. #11

    Original Ranter
    Points: 236,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    50313
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    60,557
    Points
    236,233
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,340
    Thanked 19,308x in 14,601 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)






    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (10-29-2019),FindersKeepers (10-30-2019)

  3. #12
    Points: 13,371, Level: 27
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2103
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,848
    Points
    13,371
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    2,909
    Thanked 2,094x in 1,274 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    look what I did just for you! Is this " confidence " or what ! Love is crazy..yes.?
    That's insane.
    Tickling censorship with a feather.

  4. #13
    Points: 35,347, Level: 45
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5233
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    10,646
    Points
    35,347
    Level
    45
    Thanks Given
    5,872
    Thanked 5,226x in 3,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    That's insane.
    I told you I would do anything. Told ya!. How'd you like the helicopter flying above? My idea..totally In the stuff of legend that amazing jump is simply known as " the Cotton"
    Last edited by Cotton1; 10-29-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    Cat-fucious say "one who play with cat expect to get scratched"

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    Helena (10-29-2019)

  6. #14
    Points: 23,100, Level: 36
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    3916
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    9,117
    Points
    23,100
    Level
    36
    Thanks Given
    3,020
    Thanked 3,916x in 2,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoid psycho-social definitions because I think they are largely false. Good for stereotyping and chit-chat but not much else. I understand psychopathy to mean the same thing as sociopathy.

    Here:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl.../#5e508c64104a
    http://www.sociopathworld.com/2013/1...ociopaths.html
    https://hbr.org/2004/10/executive-psychopaths
    https://www.huffingtonpost.in/amrita...b_7965882.html

    One source includes in a list of what it calls famous sociopaths, Hitler, Stalin, Ted Bundy and a couple of other serial killers, so it's not a flattering label to have. But they also can be very successful in business owing to the qualities of being dedicated, focused, driven people.

    Steve Jobs, an entrepreneur and businessman of epic stature, however, was not generally considered a sociopath despite the contempt he engendered in some of his employees for his cold, driven attitude. They waited until he was dead before they let him have it too, which suggests they felt hghly threatened by him for whatever reason. Probably an $#@!, RIP.

    Actually, I'm not sure what a sociopath is or even if there is such a thing.

    The term has such negative connotations that one would be advised not to use it to describe someone else, at least not while in their company. ("$#@!" works very well and means next to nothing.) I've used it sometimes, however. If a person is labeled a sociopath often enough by his peers, he's probably someone to at least be alert to. Although it apparently can be either good or bad, it's mostly bad. These people are generally not well-liked, except that some women find them very sexy, which is not the same thing as likeability.

    Miranda Priestly in the Devil Wears Prada is described as a sociopath. Definitely not sexy. How many of her do you know?
    http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/120290-Vodafone-denies-5G-coronavirus-connection

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

    FindersKeepers (10-30-2019),Helena (10-29-2019)

  8. #15
    Points: 10,546, Level: 24
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1471
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,472
    Points
    10,546
    Level
    24
    Thanks Given
    1,895
    Thanked 1,461x in 1,020 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    ...are more attractive to women, study suggests.

    There appears to be something to this, and I've heard in the past that some women are attracted to prisoners -- even death row prisoners -- and will marry them while they're still incarcerated. The study suggests they may act extra confident and that attracts some types of women. But, what about the bad-boy syndrome?

    Is this the same as women who consistently seek out abusive male partners? I've known women who did that, despite the fact they were miserable.

    Is this inherited or learned behavior?



    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/men-with...study-suggests


    On the one hand, confidence can be attractive in general.

    On the other hand, a lot of women that go for the bad boy types have a history of being abused as a child. In short, if a woman has been subjected to an abusive father, she may end up being attracted to men who act the same way.

    It's rare to find a woman that likes the bad boy types who doesn't have daddy issues.

  9. #16
    Points: 105,999, Level: 79
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,951
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1254282
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    37,343
    Points
    105,999
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    16,442
    Thanked 12,507x in 9,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    I avoid psycho-social definitions because I think they are largely false. Good for stereotyping and chit-chat but not much else. I understand psychopathy to mean the same thing as sociopathy.

    Here:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl.../#5e508c64104a
    http://www.sociopathworld.com/2013/1...ociopaths.html
    https://hbr.org/2004/10/executive-psychopaths
    https://www.huffingtonpost.in/amrita...b_7965882.html

    One source includes in a list of what it calls famous sociopaths, Hitler, Stalin, Ted Bundy and a couple of other serial killers, so it's not a flattering label to have. But they also can be very successful in business owing to the qualities of being dedicated, focused, driven people.

    Steve Jobs, an entrepreneur and businessman of epic stature, however, was not generally considered a sociopath despite the contempt he engendered in some of his employees for his cold, driven attitude. They waited until he was dead before they let him have it too, which suggests they felt hghly threatened by him for whatever reason. Probably an $#@!, RIP.

    Actually, I'm not sure what a sociopath is or even if there is such a thing.

    The term has such negative connotations that one would be advised not to use it to describe someone else, at least not while in their company. ("$#@!" works very well and means next to nothing.) I've used it sometimes, however. If a person is labeled a sociopath often enough by his peers, he's probably someone to at least be alert to. Although it apparently can be either good or bad, it's mostly bad. These people are generally not well-liked, except that some women find them very sexy, which is not the same thing as likeability.

    Miranda Priestly in the Devil Wears Prada is described as a sociopath. Definitely not sexy. How many of her do you know?
    Sociopathy and psycopathy are very similar, but not the same. Sociopaths are considerably more common than you might think, and most are perfectly harmless, if lacking in empathy and displaying a certain disregard for both personal safety and that of others.

    Psycopathy are the extreme end of that. All psycopathy are sociopaths but not all sociopaths are psycopathy.

    In the interests of full disclosure I should mention I am a well adjusted sociopath.
    "Everybody knew".

    Ambassador Gordon Sonland, 11/20/2019.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (10-29-2019),FindersKeepers (10-30-2019),Helena (10-29-2019)

  11. #17
    Original Ranter
    Points: 582,217, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    438217
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    173,352
    Points
    582,217
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    105,208
    Thanked 89,199x in 59,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    2292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Sociopathy and psycopathy are very similar, but not the same. Sociopaths are considerably more common than you might think, and most are perfectly harmless, if lacking in empathy and displaying a certain disregard for both personal safety and that of others.

    Psycopathy are the extreme end of that. All psycopathy are sociopaths but not all sociopaths are psycopathy.

    In the interests of full disclosure I should mention I am a well adjusted sociopath.
    Shocking.

    Not.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (10-29-2019)

  13. #18
    Points: 105,999, Level: 79
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,951
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1254282
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    37,343
    Points
    105,999
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    16,442
    Thanked 12,507x in 9,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Shocking.

    Not.
    I know! Right?
    "Everybody knew".

    Ambassador Gordon Sonland, 11/20/2019.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (10-29-2019)

  15. #19
    Points: 38,531, Level: 47
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    305184
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13,816
    Points
    38,531
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    2,471
    Thanked 11,288x in 6,536 Posts
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    ...are more attractive to women, study suggests.

    There appears to be something to this, and I've heard in the past that some women are attracted to prisoners -- even death row prisoners -- and will marry them while they're still incarcerated. The study suggests they may act extra confident and that attracts some types of women. But, what about the bad-boy syndrome?

    Is this the same as women who consistently seek out abusive male partners? I've known women who did that, despite the fact they were miserable.

    Is this inherited or learned behavior?



    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/men-with...study-suggests


    I'd have to guess that the ones who correspond with, and in some cases marry prisoners serving life sentences or who are on death row are in a slightly different category than the ones who actually date dangerous men out in the real world. They are aroused by the danger - also possibly by the notoriety (which they see as fame) that such behavior gains them - but at the same time they are physically safe.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 10-29-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    "The guy who kills me... I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job." - Sonny (Al Pacino) in Dog Day Afternoon

    "I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Helena (10-29-2019)

  17. #20
    Points: 38,531, Level: 47
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    305184
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13,816
    Points
    38,531
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    2,471
    Thanked 11,288x in 6,536 Posts
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I dont know how " rough" this is but I let all women know upfront I can only fight 3 guys at a time
    Larry, Moe and Curley?
    "The guy who kills me... I hope he does it because he hates my guts, not because it's his job." - Sonny (Al Pacino) in Dog Day Afternoon

    "I live by two words: tenacity and gratitude. Tenacity gets me where I want to go, and gratitude keeps me from being angry on the way." - Henry Winkler

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (10-29-2019),Crepitus (10-30-2019),Helena (10-29-2019)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO