User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: tPFD Men with psychopathic traits...

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Sociopathy and psycopathy are very similar, but not the same. Sociopaths are considerably more common than you might think, and most are perfectly harmless, if lacking in empathy and displaying a certain disregard for both personal safety and that of others.

Psycopathy are the extreme end of that. All psycopathy are sociopaths but not all sociopaths are psycopathy.

In the interests of full disclosure I should mention I am a well adjusted sociopath.
    Actually you are not. You are a disgrace to the art of socioapthy.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    On the one hand, confidence can be attractive in general.

On the other hand, a lot of women that go for the bad boy types have a history of being abused as a child. In short, if a woman has been subjected to an abusive father, she may end up being attracted to men who act the same way.

It's rare to find a woman that likes the bad boy types who doesn't have daddy issues.
    I think that's true -- maybe they see abuse as normal, but they're miserable in their relationships. Maybe it all starts with parents and parenting.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (11-02-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I'd have to guess that the ones who correspond with, and in some cases marry prisoners serving life sentences or who are on death row are in a slightly different category than the ones who actually date dangerous men out in the real world. They are aroused by the danger - also possibly by the notoriety (which they see as fame) that such behavior gains them - but at the same time they are physically safe.
    The "notoriety" aspect could be a big draw for women who date and marry prisoners. A sick aspect to be sure, but I'd be willing to bet it plays a large role. The times I've read stories about such relationships, the women were not the sort that could slip into high society. They tend to be (just from what I've read) needy and dependent upon attention from others. Maybe it's the soggy potato chip theory, which goes something like, if you can't have a crisp fresh potato chip, you'll settle for a soggy one. Maybe a relationship of that sort gives them the attention they crave but can't get elsewhere. I also tend to think they can't be too bright, intellectually.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How are the psychiatrists, counselors, and ...

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/20043011-how-are-the-psychiatrists-counselors-and...
    Feb 06, 2018 · How are the psychiatrists, counselors, and psychotherapists you know mentally unwell? I've heard that some people get into counseling, psychotherapy, psychiatry, and study psychology because they themselves have a mental illness or have issues, what are some ways that psychiatrists, counselors, and psychotherapists you know who are like this …
    This is interesting, and it makes sense. One of the comment on the above link says they get interested in psychiatry initially because they're trying to fix themselves. That sheds a whole new light on the subject.

Bad Boys: Sexual Addiction or Entitlement? - 1 CEU Audio ...

https://athealth.com/ce-course/bad-boys-sexual-addiction-or-entitlement

I'm not sure I can agree with that one -- but I'd like to read the whole thing.
    Why the "Good Girl" Loves the "Bad Boy" - Life in a Crazy ...

https://lifeinacrazyworld.com/why-the-good-girl-loves-the-bad-boy
    Mar 28, 2015 · Why the Good Girl Loves the Bad Boy. It’s a staple in television and movie plots—the good girl finds herself tremendously attracted to the “bad boy.” You know the guy is trouble, she knows it too… and yet she falls head-over-heels in love. I think the reason those stories work in Hollywood is because we can identify with them.
    That's it in a nutshell.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-30-2019)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,639x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    ...are more attractive to women, study suggests.

There appears to be something to this, and I've heard in the past that some women are attracted to prisoners -- even death row prisoners -- and will marry them while they're still incarcerated. The study suggests they may act extra confident and that attracts some types of women. But, what about the bad-boy syndrome?

Is this the same as women who consistently seek out abusive male partners? I've known women who did that, despite the fact they were miserable.

Is this inherited or learned behavior?

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/men-with...study-suggests

So like when my HS crush choose the bad (badder boy) and got beat up , pregnant and deserted? That's what real bad boys do. I've been married like forever, so I was under the impression that as girls became women they learned? Are you saying that they don't?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    So like when my HS crush choose the bad (badder boy) and got beat up , pregnant and deserted? That's what real bad boys do. I've been married like forever, so I was under the impression that as girls became women they learned? Are you saying that they don't?
    As girls become women and as boys become men, they should both be learning, and I think it's established that only a small minority of girls go for the dangerous types. In my opinion, the way to keep young women from seeking out dangerous or abusive men is to raise them to respect themselves and to let them know that they don't need men in order to be safe and successful in this world.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Actually you are not. You are a disgrace to the art of socioapthy.
    Aaaaand since I am a sociopath your opinion of me means diddly $#@! as far as I'm concerned.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Helena's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,314x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's true -- maybe they see abuse as normal, but they're miserable in their relationships. Maybe it all starts with parents and parenting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    On the one hand, confidence can be attractive in general.

On the other hand, a lot of women that go for the bad boy types have a history of being abused as a child. In short, if a woman has been subjected to an abusive father, she may end up being attracted to men who act the same way.

It's rare to find a woman that likes the bad boy types who doesn't have daddy issues.
    Teens who have a loving relationship with their mother are less likely to enter abusive relationships.
    A strong positive relationship with their mother protected teens even when the mother’s marriage is full of conflict.

A mother’s warmth and acceptance toward her teenagers may help prevent those children from being in an abusive relationship later in life, even if her own marriage is contentious, according to a new University at Buffalo study.

Previous research shows that adolescents who are exposed to marital conflict at a young age are at an increased risk to experience abuse in their romantic relations. However, the new study discovered that the child’s relationship with their mother serves as a buffer by potentially promoting the teen’s feelings of self-worth, says Jennifer Livingston, PhD, lead investigator and associate professor in the UB School of Nursing.

“Children form internal working models about themselves and others based on the quality of their relationship with their parents,” said Livingston. “If the primary caretaker is abusive or inconsistent, children learn to view themselves as unlovable and others as hostile and untrustworthy. But positive parenting behaviors characterized by acceptance and warmth help children form positive internal working models of themselves as lovable and worthy of respect.” - More at link - http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2019/10/048.html
    You are wrong about police.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helena For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-02-2019),Rationalist (11-02-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats astounding are the women that fall in love with death row serial killers

Joe Fischer, claimed to have murdered over 100 people, murdered in New York and New Jersey, he was first murdered in NY and NY allowed NJ to keep him. He was convicted of murdering and raping 5 teenage boys, he would jump them smash their heads on the sidewalk until they were dead, roll them over and rape them deceased.

He was given death and that was commuted when NJ dropped the death penalty, he subsequently murdered another inmate in prison with a ball peen hammer in the shop area.

While incarcerated in Rahway a woman of Means sought him out and wrote him, and to make it short married him in prison. He was released on parole after 23 yrs.

After parole he murdered people as he moved across the country, finally killing in california and given another life sentence.
    He claims he killed over 100 people, authorities believe its closer to 40. Right before his death he was on 60 minutes, in 1988 I watched it, they asked him should you have been given the death penalty in NJ, he said yes 70 more people would be alive to day if they did.

This is a picture of the woman marrying him in Rahway state prison, This woman was intelligent, educated, of means and attractive. WHY WHY WHY seek a serial killer out to marry him, thank god he dumped her right after he got out of prison and didnt kill her too.

https://supernaught.com/products/jos...olaroid-signed
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,451x in 11,740 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How are the psychiatrists, counselors, and ...

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/20043011-how-are-the-psychiatrists-counselors-and...
    Feb 06, 2018 · How are the psychiatrists, counselors, and psychotherapists you know mentally unwell? I've heard that some people get into counseling, psychotherapy, psychiatry, and study psychology because they themselves have a mental illness or have issues, what are some ways that psychiatrists, counselors, and psychotherapists you know who are like this …
    This is interesting, and it makes sense. One of the comment on the above link says they get interested in psychiatry initially because they're trying to fix themselves. That sheds a whole new light on the subject.

Most people in human services are in human services because they want to help people, often based on their own experiences. Professionals like psychiatrists and psychologists may have a diagnosis or have formerly had one, but they are incredibly high functioning. Their achievements are certainly more impressive than those of many psychologically "healthy" people. It can provide a fantastic insight that may be lacking in a doctor who has no firsthand experience.

In terms of "trying to fix themselves," - an essential aspect of counseling/psychotherapy is self-care, having self-awareness, and taking time to self-analyze the way you would expect clients to. For example, behaviorists; you need to be able to identify your cognitive distortions. Can you challenge them? Can you identify "should" thoughts? Can you get to the point of applying DEF in the ABC model? You cannot help others if your health and wellness are not prioritized and addressed. You have to be careful not to project your cognitive distortions or problems onto clients, or to take on the issues of your clients. This requires a fairly intense process of compartmentalizing and self-analyzation.

+ Reply to Thread