Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soup

I love soup, what I love is that you can throw one together with almost anything. You only need a few key ingreedients for any soup, onion, garlic, and salt. If you have those you can put in whatever you want. I have invented several recipes. Today I will share one of my soup recipes that I invented. I just happened to make it today. I wont put exact amounts because you can really put what ever amount you want. The only rule to any recipe is that it tastes good to you!!!

Ingredients:
    Salt
    Pepper
    Butter (optional)
    Garlic
    Onion
    Green onion
    Zucchini
    Potatoes
    Rice, (basmati or Jasmin, or pearl)
    Corn (optional)
    Brussel sprouts
    Cauliflower

I used a medium sized stock pot. I bought a bag of frozen Brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I just tossed them in the pan. I medium chopped a whole onion, Medium chopped a zucchini, Medium chopped 2 bunches of green onions. Peeled and minced a whole head of garlic, more than 10 cloves. You can use any amount you like. I small chopped, and medium chopped some potatoes, I used at least 10 medium to small potatoes. I diced some really small so that they will dissolve in the water. I dice at least a few with medium chunks so that there will be some random potato chunks in the soup. Toss all that in the pan, add your salt to taste. I don't measure, I put an amount in the palm of my hand and toss it in. It could be around 3 to 4 tsp of pink Himalayan salt. You can add a little bit of corn if you want, it will give it that chowder effect. I omitted it this time.

Cover with water and bring it to a boil. Stir often so that it don't stick. Once the potatoes seem like they are soft, then put in about 3/4 cup of rice of your choosing. I put in half pearl rice and half basmati. At this point I also added about a tablespoon of butter. Let this boil for another 20 mins or so and that's it your done. Make sure to taste for salt in the beginning. You don't want the potatoes to cook without enough salt to flavor them. Best to taste test soon after it begins to boil for a few minutes.

Also once you add the rice stir often so it don't stick. Also the potatoes that dissolved will settle to the bottom, that needs stirred. After it is done and you serve it make sure to stir it well each time, as the dissolved potatoes will settle at the bottom, give it a stir, and you are good to go.

I eat it just like this, I garnish my bowl with some pepper. You can add pepper directly to the pot of soup, if you wish. I also add some chili oil to my bowl sometimes. I don't use meat. But if I had to take a guess at what meat would go best with this, I would say some shredded roast beef. If it were me, I would cook a roast in the crockpot. When it was done I would just shred some and toss it in the soup, or directly in your bowl of soup. Use the remainder of the roast for a different meal. You can have mashed potatoes and roast or something.

When I was little my mother used to do that. She would use one chicken to make several different meals. She would make us kids home made noodles with the broth, and then make my Father tacos with the chicken. It is a clever way to make food go farther.

This soup is really wonderful if you have a bowl of basmati rice on the side. Happy cooking adventures to all.....

Some of the veg chopped up tossed in the pan.

DSC03475.jpg

All vegetables in pan set to boil.

DSC03478.jpg

Half way to being done.....

DSC03482.jpg

Ready to go down the hatch :)

DSC03488.jpg
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (11-27-2019),Dr. Who (11-27-2019),FindersKeepers (11-01-2019),Helena (10-31-2019),Orion Rules (11-28-2019),Rooster (12-23-2019)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Greek guy has a small restaurant around the corner. Everyday he makes a soup and gives the patrons free cups of it. He says it's his marketing scheme. It works. I go there often for it. vegetable lentil is my current fave but it's only made every second Wednesday in its rotation spot. Arg!
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (11-27-2019),Just AnotherPerson (10-31-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks delish!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    I love soup, what I love is that you can throw one together with almost anything. You only need a few key ingreedients for any soup, onion, garlic, and salt. If you have those you can put in whatever you want. I have invented several recipes. Today I will share one of my soup recipes that I invented. I just happened to make it today. I wont put exact amounts because you can really put what ever amount you want. The only rule to any recipe is that it tastes good to you!!!

looks good. I make my own soup except tomato and a lot of times I just clean out the pantry and freezer and use what I got never the same soup lol

Ingredients:
    Salt
    Pepper
    Butter (optional)
    Garlic
    Onion
    Green onion
    Zucchini
    Potatoes
    Rice, (basmati or Jasmin, or pearl)
    Corn (optional)
    Brussel sprouts
    Cauliflower

I used a medium sized stock pot. I bought a bag of frozen Brussel sprouts and cauliflower. I just tossed them in the pan. I medium chopped a whole onion, Medium chopped a zucchini, Medium chopped 2 bunches of green onions. Peeled and minced a whole head of garlic, more than 10 cloves. You can use any amount you like. I small chopped, and medium chopped some potatoes, I used at least 10 medium to small potatoes. I diced some really small so that they will dissolve in the water. I dice at least a few with medium chunks so that there will be some random potato chunks in the soup. Toss all that in the pan, add your salt to taste. I don't measure, I put an amount in the palm of my hand and toss it in. It could be around 3 to 4 tsp of pink Himalayan salt. You can add a little bit of corn if you want, it will give it that chowder effect. I omitted it this time.

Cover with water and bring it to a boil. Stir often so that it don't stick. Once the potatoes seem like they are soft, then put in about 3/4 cup of rice of your choosing. I put in half pearl rice and half basmati. At this point I also added about a tablespoon of butter. Let this boil for another 20 mins or so and that's it your done. Make sure to taste for salt in the beginning. You don't want the potatoes to cook without enough salt to flavor them. Best to taste test soon after it begins to boil for a few minutes.

Also once you add the rice stir often so it don't stick. Also the potatoes that dissolved will settle to the bottom, that needs stirred. After it is done and you serve it make sure to stir it well each time, as the dissolved potatoes will settle at the bottom, give it a stir, and you are good to go.

I eat it just like this, I garnish my bowl with some pepper. You can add pepper directly to the pot of soup, if you wish. I also add some chili oil to my bowl sometimes. I don't use meat. But if I had to take a guess at what meat would go best with this, I would say some shredded roast beef. If it were me, I would cook a roast in the crockpot. When it was done I would just shred some and toss it in the soup, or directly in your bowl of soup. Use the remainder of the roast for a different meal. You can have mashed potatoes and roast or something.

When I was little my mother used to do that. She would use one chicken to make several different meals. She would make us kids home made noodles with the broth, and then make my Father tacos with the chicken. It is a clever way to make food go farther.

This soup is really wonderful if you have a bowl of basmati rice on the side. Happy cooking adventures to all.....

Some of the veg chopped up tossed in the pan.

Attachment 27326

All vegetables in pan set to boil.

Attachment 27327

Half way to being done.....

Attachment 27328

Ready to go down the hatch

Attachment 27329

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bulletbob For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-27-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good. I make my own soup except tomato and a lot of times I just clean out the pantry and freezer and use what I got never the same soup lol
    @bulletbob

That's the best way to make a soup. That is how my best soups have been invented.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (11-27-2019)

+ Reply to Thread