Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Near Death Experiences

Wondering if anyone here has had a near death experience and lived to tell the tale? I think I had one but to this day I am not sure. About 16 years ago, I had gotten sick. I was having trouble breathing and was suffering quite a bit. My better half was with me, I was laying in a bed struggling to breathe, the next second I was in a different place. I could finally breathe again perfectly. This expereince is kind of embarrassing to tell, but I will just say it honestly. I found myself in a forest like place, but an unearthly one, it was magical, and so green, and glowing. I was naked, and kneeling over a pool of water. I could see my reflection, I was looking at my face in the water and realized I was perfect just as I was. Everything in this place was beautiful and perfect. I was so comforted, and free of suffering.

I suddenly came back opening my eyes, faced with a desperate man. I was told that I had stopped breathing for quite a while, and that my old man was shaking me and begging me to wake up. I didn't even know it. Now did I die, or did I just black out? Was what I seen and experienced just my own subconscious mind at work? Honestly I don't know. I am leaning towards, just blacking out and having a vivid dream like experience.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

roadmaster (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,510x in 16,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im not certain what happened but one night last week I was very ill. I went to sleep and had a horrific dream that my life was being shown to me in square shapes of water. The squares of water rotated within a sphere but never breached it. When I awoke I thought I had 5 minutes to live. I was terrified and stayed awake for a good while after. It was a very scary and alienating feeling. I hope to never have a dream of that magnitude again.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Im not certain what happened but one night last week I was very ill. I went to sleep and had a horrific dream that my life was being shown to me in square shapes of water. The squares of water rotated within a sphere but never breached it. When I awoke I thought I had 5 minutes to live. I was terrified and stayed awake for a good while after. It was a very scary and alienating feeling. I hope to never have a dream of that magnitude again.
    Scary!! Had you got up before that? Sometimes if you wake up and then go back to sleep you can have a lucid dream. They can be pretty intense. Also we problem solve in our dreams as well. I once watched this science documentary that showed a study on mice, (I hate that) during the day the mice would be given a maze to figure out. They would have trouble. Then they would go to sleep and dream. I don't know how but the scientists were able to know what the mice were dreaming and the mice were still trying to figure out the maze in their dream. Often they would wake up and easily be able to complete the maze. The figured it out in their dream.

Like have you ever went to sleep so upset about something, but when you wake up you laugh when you think back to how trivial of a thing you were caught up in? Sometimes our mind solves it in our sleep. Could it be that your own higher self was coming through in a certain way showing you your life. It could be that you were helping yourself, to understand or overcome something. It would definitely be terrifying for the conscious mind. But not to the sub-conscious mind.

Sometimes we can awaken from our dream with the stark realization that we will die. I think that is because the conscious mind has taken a back seat and reality comes through, and in reality all things are impermanent. I think sometimes we just realize it deeply. It is traumatic, and very jarring, especially when it just comes through all at once.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 11-01-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,510x in 16,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Scary!! Had you got up before that? Sometimes if you wake up and then go back to sleep you can have a lucid dream. They can be pretty intense. Also we problem solve in our dreams as well. I once watched this science documentary that showed a study on mice, (I hate that) during the day the mice would be given a maze to figure out. They would have trouble. Then they would go to sleep and dream. I don't know how but the scientists were able to know what the mice were dreaming and the mice were still trying to figure out the maze in their dream. Often they would wake up and easily be able to complete the maze. The figured it out in their dream.

Like have you ever went to sleep so upset about something, but when you wake up you laugh when you think back to how trivial of a thing you were caught up in? Sometimes our mind solves it in our sleep. Could it be that your own higher self was coming through in a certain way showing you your life. It could be that you were helping yourself, to understand or overcome something. It would definitely be terrifying for the conscious mind. But not to the sub-conscious mind.

Sometimes we can awaken from our dream with the stark realization that we will die. I think that is because the conscious mind has taken a back seat and reality comes through, and in reality all things are impermanent. I think sometimes we just realize it deeply. It is traumatic, and very jarring, especially when it just comes through all at once.
    Our dreams are indeed a manner in which we process our concious life. I had been up and down all night but dont remember much about it except how sick I was. But when I came out of that dream ir was a babtism in pure fear. I hope someday I forget that nightmare. It was the worst dream I have ever had.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No came close to being DOA once but not that. I do remember the first time I watched a person die. It was my grandpa on my moms side. We got a call he was getting better and should be able to go home soon. This man had plowed his fields with a mule way up into his 70's but had a stroke. He had to have feeding tubes and in the NH for over a year then. (I found out and it's happened many times after this, when they seem to get better death is coming) I was in his room, mom had stepped out talking to the nurses and all of a sudden he started smiling, looking up as if he was seeing something great turning his head. Right after than he died. I have no idea what he was seeing but it was the happiest I had ever seen him.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (11-01-2019),Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019),Lummy (11-02-2019)

+ Reply to Thread