User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police destroy man’s house to find armed shoplifter. Too bad for you, court says.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Police destroy man’s house to find armed shoplifter. Too bad for you, court says.

Just too whacky to believe.

When they were finished, it looked as though the Greenwood Village, Colo., police had blasted rockets through the house. More ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...8GEB4wIR5z1CSo
    Nothing here makes any sense to me on its face. For one thing, that house does not appear to be a total loss.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (11-01-2019),Helena (11-02-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow. Crime doesnt play!
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,587x in 55,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you enter a store and steal something while using a firearm, doesn't that then become robbery and not shoplifting?

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think home owners insurance would cover it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    You'd think home owners insurance would cover it.
    It did. And the city gave $5000.00 to the guy for the insurance deductible and temporary housing.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (11-01-2019),Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    It did. And the city gave $5000.00 to the guy for the insurance deductible and temporary housing.
    But now the guy will have through the roof rates for having had to use his insurance. He will be messed up for life in that department.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    But now the guy will have through the roof rates for having had to use his insurance. He will be messed up for life in that department.
    No. It's a no-fault claim covered under the comprehensive part of his policy.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-01-2019)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,264
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    Just too whacky to believe.

Nothing here makes any sense to me on its face. For one thing, that house does not appear to be a total loss.

On June 3, 2015, Aurora police investigated a theft report at 9400 E. Hampden Ave., the statement from the DA's office said. An officer questioned a suspect, and the man, later identified as Seacat, fled. While fleeing, Seacat jumped into a car and tried to run over the officer. A witness told police Seacat had a gun.

https://patch.com/colorado/littleton...0-years-prison

Greenwood Village police released a 19-page affidavit detailing the timeline of the case, which began at approximately 1:22 p.m. on June 3 and ended at about 9 the following morning.

According to the report, at one point Seacat, 33, told police he was “really freaked out,” by the incident, and that he wanted to speak with his stepfather, his mother, his wife, his sister and an uncle, who is a Catholic priest in Texas. Later, as the standoff moved from afternoon to night, Seacat told police he was “buck (expletive) naked” after taking a shower in the home.

Sometime around 10:30 p.m., police started to send an observation robot into the home, but backed away when Seacat apparently began firing gunshots in the vicinity of the officers.

Between 1:30 and 6 a.m., the officers used explosive devices to open holes in the residence to attempt to find Seacat’s location; they also used tear gas to try and get him to leave the home.

At about 8:20 a.m., officials said, tactical teams entered the house to search for Seacat, finding him 25 minutes later barricaded in a restroom. He was taken into custody shortly thereafter.

On June 6, officials said Seacat, who was hospitalized for observation, defecated. Afterwards, police collected seven plastic baggies from his feces that contained heroin and methamphetamine.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2015/06/0...empted-murder/

In June 2015, Robert Jonathan Seacat stole a shirt and some belts from a Walmart in Aurora, Colorado.

He fled the scene and found himself in a high-speed chase with police. He bailed out of the car, hopped a fence, crossed a highway on foot, and climbed a fence to find himself at the home owned by Leo Lech.

Leo's son, John, John's girlfriend, and the woman's 9-year-old son lived in the home. Only the child was home at the time. The boy told police that he heard the home security system alarm and came out of his room to see Seacat holding a gun and walking upstairs.

Seacat let the boy leave the house unharmed, telling him "I don't want to hurt anybody. I just want to get away."

He tried to steal the family car parked in the garage, but police blocked him by parking in the driveway. The situation escalated when Seacat shot at police through the garage.

Seacat barricaded himself in the home for 19 hours as SWAT officers attempted to get in the home, or to convince him to come out. Their efforts included gas munition, 40 mm rounds through the windows, plowing through the doors with an armored vehicle, flash-bang grenades, and explosives to take down some walls.

Defending the destruction in 2015, Greenwood Village Police Commander Dustin Varney said, "My mission is to get that individual out unharmed and make sure my team and everyone else around including the community goes home unharmed. Sometimes that means property gets damaged, and I am sorry for that."

The city offered the Lech family some temporary rental assistance, but no other compensation for the damage. Lech said the cost to rebuild the home was nearly $400,000 in out-of-pocket expenses, and that the situation "has ruined our lives."
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/police...ay-any-damages

The house was condemned.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At one of the local Wal Marts here thw employees are so used to people stealing when the alarm goes off as they exit unless they are carrying out a tv they dont even look up.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    No. It's a no-fault claim covered under the comprehensive part of his policy.
    Usually if you use it even if it is no fault of your own your rates go up. My dads girlfriend drove my care once I was a passenger in the back seat, she crashed us. Completely totaled my car, no fault of mine at all. My rates were sky high after that. But you know I don't really know how it works with home insurance I have never had to use it nor has anyone I know. You probably know more than me for sure.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

+ Reply to Thread