User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Values Matter. Race Doesn't.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Values Matter. Race Doesn't.

Seems to be a popular topic. Wonder if we can really discuss it.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (11-05-2019),roadmaster (11-04-2019)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't let the liberals tell me how to think (most of them are out of their minds) and I don't give into the rights. I have never been racist but I won't agree with them on all things if it's not Biblical and they can stomp and scream all they want.

She is right when you start questioning any side.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How one treats the weakest among us, is a very acurate measuring stick.

I don't care what color someone is, or any other physical characteristic, political position, age, gender (or not) etc. Who are you?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such profundity, four words make some so happy, so contented, all you need is love love, all you need is love. LOL

"The reason people think it's important to be white is that they think it's important not to be black." James Baldwin

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"...One did not have to be very bright to realize how little one could do to change one’s situation; one did not have to be abnormally sensitive to be worn down to a cutting edge by the incessant and gratuitous humiliation and danger one encountered every working day, all day long. The humiliation did not apply merely to working days, or workers; I was thirteen and was crossing Fifth Avenue on my way to the Forty-second Street library, and the cop in the middle of the street muttered as I passed him, “Why don’t you $#@!s stay uptown where you belong?” When I was ten, and didn’t look, certainly, any older, two policemen amused themselves with me by frisking me, making comic (and terrifying) speculations concerning my ancestry and probable sexual prowess, and, for good measure, leaving me flat on my back in one of Harlem’s empty lots. Just before and then during the Second World War, many of my friends fled into the service, all to be changed there, and rarely for the better, many to be ruined, and many to die. Others fled to other states and cities—that is, to other ghettos. Some went on wine or whiskey or the needle, and are still on it. And others, like me, fled into the church." James Baldwin http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/19...ion-in-my-mind

"To be a Ne_gro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Safety (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Such profundity, four words make some so happy, so contented, all you need is love love, all you need is love. LOL
    "The reason people think it's important to be white is that they think it's important not to be black." James Baldwin

"White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded--about themselves and the world they live in. White people have managed to get through their entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac." James Baldwin

"...One did not have to be very bright to realize how little one could do to change one’s situation; one did not have to be abnormally sensitive to be worn down to a cutting edge by the incessant and gratuitous humiliation and danger one encountered every working day, all day long. The humiliation did not apply merely to working days, or workers; I was thirteen and was crossing Fifth Avenue on my way to the Forty-second Street library, and the cop in the middle of the street muttered as I passed him, “Why don’t you $#@!s stay uptown where you belong?” When I was ten, and didn’t look, certainly, any older, two policemen amused themselves with me by frisking me, making comic (and terrifying) speculations concerning my ancestry and probable sexual prowess, and, for good measure, leaving me flat on my back in one of Harlem’s empty lots. Just before and then during the Second World War, many of my friends fled into the service, all to be changed there, and rarely for the better, many to be ruined, and many to die. Others fled to other states and cities—that is, to other ghettos. Some went on wine or whiskey or the needle, and are still on it. And others, like me, fled into the church." James Baldwin http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/19...ion-in-my-mind

"To be a Ne_gro in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin
    So regardless of how people act today, those of us who had nothing to do with what went on previously, are to be held accountable for 'our father's' sins?

I have noticed a trend... bringing up events of decades and/or centuries ago, and attempting to paint it on people of current times... why?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never done anything racist. I have no guilt and I shouldn't.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,903x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The point of the two speakers in the video is that liberals are demanding they comply with liberal stereotypes. They refuse and they're personally attacked for it.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dancing Is Not Debating

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Seems to be a popular topic. Wonder if we can really discuss it.

If values matter, a race can be evaluated as inferior. Liberal nonsense is no different from not being allowed to evaluate a chronically losing sports team as inferior. To be consistent with how irrational their pushy views are about race, the only objection to that judgment they could make would be as silly as saying that the team loses because it is unfairly treated by the officials, just because of the color of its uniforms.

It is far more important for Whites to be bold enough to find out why these obviously wrong people have the power to make their unrealistic charges stick. Whatever gives this irrational, degenerate, and malignant cult any power at all is what must be investigated and gotten rid of. Once the class that sends its Liberal agents out to grab power away from other Whites is exposed, the rest of them directing policy behind the scenes will terminate and reverse this method of leveling Middle America.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post

As much as the left accuses the right of clinging to the past, the left is most guilty of doing exactly that when it comes to race.

They have to ensure that people believe they're being oppressed, because without it, they can't control people as well.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Chris (11-05-2019),Collateral Damage (11-06-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    If values matter, a race can be evaluated as inferior. Liberal nonsense is no different from not being allowed to evaluate a chronically losing sports team as inferior. To be consistent with how irrational their pushy views are about race, the only objection to that judgment they could make would be as silly as saying that the team loses because it is unfairly treated by the officials, just because of the color of its uniforms.
    That's assuming that culture is genetic. It isn't. A person of any color can be raised in a successful culture and become successful as an individual. Thomas Sowell points out some differences between mainstream African American culture and West Indian culture, for example. Blacks that are part of West Indian culture in America are typically more successful than the average black person. This is because West Indian culture places a high value on hard work and education. Mainstream African American culture is comparably less focused on those things.
    By the same token, you can compare other cultures by level of success and how it correlates to values. Jews are among the wealthiest cultures in America, and not surprisingly, they highly value work and education. Jehovah's Witnesses tend to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

+ Reply to Thread