User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your social credit score: Pass or Fail?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your social credit score: Pass or Fail?

Here we have major finanical institutions acting as your psychologists and judges. I suspect this is very important, albeit bull$#@!, especially if they find it expedient to give it a lot of weight, as they are apt to do. to me it suggests that their profitability and business skills are secondary to their power over people. Not good. Seems to me it would be game, set, match, and certainly erroneous.

Communist Chinese apparently don't give a $#@!, but we do.

Social Credit Scoring is a way for governments, banks and insurers to grade you by your actions both on and offline. Overspending or associating with the wrong people could lower your score and lead to financial and social restrictions.

Starting with an average social credit rating of 475, find out if your actions would lead to rewards or punishment.
    Sure. And maybe I passed, maybe I didn't.

Test: https://abcfinance.co.uk/social-credit-quiz/index.html
    Explanation: https://abcfinance.co.uk/blog/surviv...-credit-score/

The questions themselves are very sketchy. You have to lie to even answer them either way. This is basically a game upon which you stake your life.

Well, off to the FEMA camp with you for an attitude adjustment ...

Hmm ... I don't think so ...

Britain: -1.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lummy For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont need to take the test. I already know I am off to re-education camp. But our nation is heading in this direction. We should all be concerned.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 11-05-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (11-05-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all bad stuff.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-05-2019),Just AnotherPerson (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When it comes to lending someone money or extending credit to them, hiring them for a job, etc., private companies - it seems to be - would not be violating any existing laws if they took certain aspects of an individual's lifestyle into account. They already do, of course, to some degree. Depending on exactly what benefit or opportunity we're discussing, government should have less of an interest in that sort of thing, but there again government already does in some instances. Marital status affects one legally in a thousand different ways; personal or professional affiliation with a foreign government can disqualify one for a security clearance; certain social media postings can result in a police investigation or even, in some cases, prosecution, etc. This proposed "test" is not especially novel or revolutionary.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-05-2019)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    When it comes to lending someone money or extending credit to them, hiring them for a job, etc., private companies - it seems to be - would not be violating any existing laws if they took certain aspects of an individual's lifestyle into account. They already do, of course, to some degree. Depending on exactly what benefit or opportunity we're discussing, government should have less of an interest in that sort of thing, but there again government already does in some instances. Marital status affects one legally in a thousand different ways; personal or professional affiliation with a foreign government can disqualify one for a security clearance; certain social media postings can result in a police investigation or even, in some cases, prosecution, etc. This proposed "test" is not especially novel or revolutionary.
    What they are doing in China is on a different level. It is not only what you say and do that will affect your score. You can be a perfect person who pays your bills on time. Never types a negative word about the gov online. But if you so much as talk to another person who has a bad score, then your score is also affected. If you get a bad score you are not allowed social privileges. You may not be allowed on a subway, or a plane, you might not be able to get a bank loan, or put your kids in college. If your score is negatively affected in this way, then your family members and friends scores will also be negatively affected because of you.

Worse yet, you may be sent to a camp to help you to change your ways. It is not only Muslims who are being locked up in these camps. It is also any citizen who steps out of line. If you simply don't think they way they want you to, you are going to a camp.

Our own gov is slowly setting up the system that is leading to something similar to what China is already doing.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Lummy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,307x in 4,359 Posts
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    This proposed "test" is not especially novel or revolutionary.
    I suggest that the test is invalid.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    What they are doing in China is on a different level. It is not only what you say and do that will affect your score. You can be a perfect person who pays your bills on time. Never types a negative word about the gov online. But if you so much as talk to another person who has a bad score, then your score is also affected. If you get a bad score you are not allowed social privileges. You may not be allowed on a subway, or a plane, you might not be able to get a bank loan, or put your kids in college. If your score is negatively affected in this way, then your family members and friends scores will also be negatively affected because of you.

Worse yet, you may be sent to a camp to help you to change your ways. It is not only Muslims who are being locked up in these camps. It is also any citizen who steps out of line. If you simply don't think they way they want you to, you are going to a camp.
    Oh, I get that. I was only focusing on the aspects of the thing that might be applicable here, or that might already, in some way, be in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Our own gov is slowly setting up the system that is leading to something similar to what China is already doing.
    Fortunately, Americans have a Constitution and a relatively independent judicial system standing ready to put the kibosh on any excessive or inappropriate measures of that nature. Fortunately, too, both conservatives and liberals have increasingly come together in recent years about the dangers of giving government too much power in the areas of surveillance and intelligence gathering when it comes to private American citizens. As long as that rare phenomenon of bipartisan agreement and cooperation continues, we'll be okay.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-05-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
    I suggest that the test is invalid.
    Quite likely.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,323x in 10,925 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres what I take issue with and it doesnt affect me, because my credit is lets just say very good

I take issue with people that get up everyday and go to work and dont make alot of money and because of that have no or little credit history or a less than stellar credit history to have to pay more for Auto insurance and other things when they may be less of a risk to the insurers than people with 950 credit scores. To me its just not right and it makes it even harder for people that are struggling
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (11-05-2019),Lummy (11-05-2019)

+ Reply to Thread