Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    So an anonymous source wrote a book about the admin while not using much specific?
    Yes, it's another anonymous source -- timed to be released in conjunction with the impeachment inquiry.

All legit, though, I'm sure...
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-10-2019),HawkTheSlayer (11-08-2019)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    HawkTheSlayer's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,345x in 5,059 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An anonymous book promoted by WaPo as fact.....
    Desperate times for the demo-operatives, indeed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawkTheSlayer For This Useful Post:

Captdon (11-10-2019),The Sage of Main Street (11-08-2019)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    That's not what's happening. Trump does a lot of embarrassing things, and those who support him do so grudgingly because his behavior is so poor. And when you realize that -- the next logical question is why do they still support him? The answer is not because they think he's a genius, but rather because the democratic alternative is so very, very unacceptable. That should give democrats pause, but I don't think it does.
    I absolutely agree, but with a caveat. Much of the bad craziness attributed to the "democratic alternative" is either greatly exaggerated or manufactured out of whole cloth. You see examples of that kind of thing on this very forum every day of the week. "Democrats want to" confiscate everybody's guns, mandate sex change operations on seven-year-olds, put Karl Marx on the five dollar bill, yada yada yada. A candidate for public office, or even someone less prominent but affiliated in some way with the Democratic Party, tosses out a random thought about something they'd like to see, and suddenly it's presented by Trump supporters as the "democratic alternative" - what you and I will see if anyone but Trump is elected in 2020.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    None of this will mean anything to the average Trump supporter, including several members of this forum. I'm becoming more and more convinced that it would take Trump ordering a nuclear strike on Mexico or walking into Congress and putting a gun to Nancy Pelosi's head to wake a lot of folks up to just what an infantile, ignorant loose cannon they have put in the White House.
    They would probably cheer those things.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might mean something if the author would man-up and come out of the shadows.

It's difficult to put much faith in tell-all authors who refuse to give their names.

If the author really is a high-ranking official in the Trump Administration, he's likely under some sort of NDA which would prevent releasing this type of information.

Don't you think the method by which this information is arriving is just a tad fishy?
    Smart money (U.S. Bookies) says Pence is the author with 2/3 odds.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of this will mean anything to the average Trump supporter, including several members of this forum. I'm becoming more and more convinced that it would take Trump ordering a nuclear strike on Mexico or walking into Congress and putting a gun to Nancy Pelosi's head to wake a lot of folks up to just what an infantile, ignorant loose cannon they have put in the White House.
    Even that wouldn't work. I thought for sure a genocide was enough, but nope.... just strengthened his base. It doesn't matter what heinous act he commits, it will be seen in a good light even if it is nuclear war.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is interesting, but since the person is anonymous anyone could have written it, and just said they were a staffer. And most people would believe it as fact even if it weren't. Although the excerpt description of Trump on a runway sounds pretty accurate to me. But any of us could have written that. Lol.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-08-2019)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Smart money (U.S. Bookies) says Pence is the author with 2/3 odds.

If it was Pence, that would send ripples through the nation to be sure. Probably not him, though. He doesn't seem the sort.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely agree, but with a caveat. Much of the bad craziness attributed to the "democratic alternative" is either greatly exaggerated or manufactured out of whole cloth. You see examples of that kind of thing on this very forum every day of the week. "Democrats want to" confiscate everybody's guns, mandate sex change operations on seven-year-olds, put Karl Marx on the five dollar bill, yada yada yada.
    That's all true, and it serves no good purpose. If Biden survives the current Ukrainian thing, he may have a shot at unseating Trump, but if Warren gets the nod, I think Trump will win again. I wouldn't have a problem with a Biden presidency, I would have a big problem with a Warren presidency. In 2016, the democratic alternative was untenable to many, including myself, based on her war comments and her jingoist history as Sec of State. A third party vote is a wasted vote as far as I'm concerned but I wasted my vote in 2016.

A candidate for public office, or even someone less prominent but affiliated in some way with the Democratic Party, tosses out a random thought about something they'd like to see, and suddenly it's presented by Trump supporters as the "democratic alternative" - what you and I will see if anyone but Trump is elected in 2020.
    I know and that's an ongoing problem, especially when combined with the strong partisanship we're seeing today. It's not just one-sided however, the GOP is regularly called "racist" and "white supremacist" and none of those labels really define the group.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it was Pence, that would send ripples through the nation to be sure. Probably not him, though. He doesn't seem the sort.
    No, he doesn't. It would be amusing, though, to see Trump demanding that the White House attorneys find a way for him to fire the Vice President.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread