iustitia's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,104x in 1,228 Posts
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a trainer for the ACFT. None of the females in my brigade managed to pass all events for our mock run of the test. There are three tiers of ranking scores based on your duty MOS/job position and even females can't break even the bottom tier's minimum for all six events.

I knew in my mind when the events were first announced it was probably to cut the fat from the military. Meaning women, broke dicks and fat bodies. I'm ok with that. Women are, outside of certain administrative know-it-alls, a drain on the overall military. With literally one exception in 10 years who I value greatly every female soldier I've known was physically frail, a slam pig, a SHARP incident waiting to happen, a single mom or a lazy bum. When you're predisposed to having 50% less body strength and enlist during your most fertile years you're an automatic red flag to most people around you. Or at least you should be.
    "Of all men's miseries the bitterest is this: to know so much and to have control over nothing." -Herodotus

"Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes every day, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream, 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it. " -George Carlin

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,555x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iustitia View Post
    I'm a trainer for the ACFT. None of the females in my brigade managed to pass all events for our mock run of the test. There are three tiers of ranking scores based on your duty MOS/job position and even females can't break even the bottom tier's minimum for all six events.

I knew in my mind when the events were first announced it was probably to cut the fat from the military. Meaning women, broke dicks and fat bodies. I'm ok with that. Women are, outside of certain administrative know-it-alls, a drain on the overall military. With literally one exception in 10 years who I value greatly every female soldier I've known was physically frail, a slam pig, a SHARP incident waiting to happen, a single mom or a lazy bum. When you're predisposed to having 50% less body strength and enlist during your most fertile years you're an automatic red flag to most people around you. Or at least you should be.
    The problem is that we do not have a population to support these standards.

I say have these new standards for combat arms. Have the old standards for the very important support troops. We call them REMFs. Rear Echelon Mother [bleep].
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I agree as long as the standards make sense. I question things though. Like I doubt too many male fireman could carry my ass to safety, but some people can be carried out and you need a person that can do that. On the other hand you can't get ridiculous about it and only hire weight lifters and old school farmers ( the ones that tossed those bails of hey)
    As for the military I do wonder in this age how much really comes down to strength in most units. If all our killer tech hasn't limited hand to hand fighting than what's the point?
    I can remember Peter telling me that "light infantry" has to move with 160 lbs. of equipment. Our 140 lb. grandfathers and 160 lb fathers fought wars without ever having been able to move their own weight long distances. So I didn't and don't understand why we need to move that much today.
    If the standards apply to the soldiers real every day life than I am all for them. But I also doubt the government's ability to put together such a realistic test.
    Not to change the subject but hay time was always good times . many farmers got together and helped eachother out . it will make a man out of you fast tossing bales of hay onto a wagon.
    We alway tried tried to have 2 wagons . while one was unloading into the barn loft the other was picking up hay. We had 2 tractor drivers usually 2 men in the loft stacking bales 2 to 4 throwing bales on the wagon andc1 or 2 stacking hay on the wagons the guys stacking bales on the wagon would stack in the loft when it was time to unload and the tractor dr9ver usually threw bales down to the escalator loader . it was not unsual to do 1000 bales in a day if everyones bales were dry. We would do to farms in a day sometimes.its hot hard work but was satisfying. We would all bring our kids so they could play some of the women kept us hydrated and would bring sandwichs for it. It was a multi family affair.at the end of the day some of use would have a beer or 2 or 3 maybe some moonshine.
    There were always 2 cutting a year.
    And your right to mention farmer strong . farm work is a$$ busting work I know.

+ Reply to Thread