User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 101

Thread: Trump did not boom the economy. Here is the proof.

  1. #41
    Points: 12,771, Level: 27
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    288
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    12,771
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    203
    Thanked 278x in 230 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    That's contrary to the reality of those times.
    How do you know that was the reality? Who you suggest we believe? Facts and figures given to us by the BLS? Or anecdotes and opinion from Fox News guests? It's more important than ever to fact check pundits in the era of Trumpism. I wouldn't call Trump a liar exactly. He just claims whatever he hopes/wants/needs to be true and doesn't bother to find out whether it really is. The astonishing thing is that this maladie seems to be rubbing off on many of his followers.

    Maybe you can find information that contradicts me. I'd be open to it. But so far everything I have seen tells me there is no up side to Trump.

    One of the biggest complaints of the economic performance during the Obama era was the lack of wage growth experience by the working class.
    I think I vaguely remember once hearing a pundit say something similar. But the facts apparently show otherwise.

    Now that people are finally experiencing that wage growth we will do two things. One, give credit to Obama for today and second, re-write the history of the past.
    I don't think I am re-writing it. I think I have just shown it to you. Can you acknowledge that this country needs people to have a common set of facts from which we can draw conclusions?

  2. #42
    Points: 484,432, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    400781
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    155,570
    Points
    484,432
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,895
    Thanked 48,356x in 35,375 Posts
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    How do you know that was the reality? Who you suggest we believe? Facts and figures given to us by the BLS? Or anecdotes and opinion from Fox News guests? It's more important than ever to fact check pundits in the era of Trumpism. I wouldn't call Trump a liar exactly. He just claims whatever he hopes/wants/needs to be true and doesn't bother to find out whether it really is. The astonishing thing is that this maladie seems to be rubbing off on many of his followers.

    Maybe you can find information that contradicts me. I'd be open to it. But so far everything I have seen tells me there is no up side to Trump.

    One of the biggest complaints of the economic performance during the Obama era was the lack of wage growth experience by the working class.
    I think I vaguely remember once hearing a pundit say something similar. But the facts apparently show otherwise.

    Now that people are finally experiencing that wage growth we will do two things. One, give credit to Obama for today and second, re-write the history of the past.
    I don't think I am re-writing it. I think I have just shown it to you. Can you acknowledge that this country needs people to have a common set of facts from which we can draw conclusions?

    Except the economy is doing fine. And, in the game of politics, which is not rational at all, that's all that matters. Voters will seek to keep it that way.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  3. #43
    Points: 12,771, Level: 27
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    288
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    12,771
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    203
    Thanked 278x in 230 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barb012 View Post
    Employment numbers growth under Obama was largely due to increase in part time workers. under Trump they are now able to work full time
    That's an interesting opinion. But is that all it is? Or can you produce data to back it up?


    Also the numbers could only go up after the economy crash in 2008-2009
    Actually it could have kept getting worse. Let's say they introduced a smaller stimulus package. Or maybe no stimulus. what if they pressured the fed for different monetary policy? They have many economic levers.

    But so what if what you say is true? No one is really saying that Obama is an economic genius. People are trying to say that Trump is. And that is where I draw the line. He has no clue. No clue.


    which the dems purposely created.

    The dems purposely created the great recession? on purpose? That's your serious position? Why would they do that? And do you have any proof?

  4. #44
    Points: 105,999, Level: 79
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,951
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1254282
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    37,343
    Points
    105,999
    Level
    79
    Thanks Given
    16,442
    Thanked 12,507x in 9,089 Posts
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    How many QE's have occurred under Trump?
    It's happening now, they just changed the name.
    "Everybody knew".

    Ambassador Gordon Sonland, 11/20/2019.

  5. #45
    Points: 244,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    275151
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    108,250
    Points
    244,044
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,101
    Thanked 44,139x in 32,797 Posts
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    How do you know that was the reality?...
    Because I lived through it. I remember it clearly. It wasn't that long ago.

  6. #46
    Points: 12,771, Level: 27
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    288
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    12,771
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    203
    Thanked 278x in 230 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Because I lived through it. I remember it clearly. It wasn't that long ago.
    Ok this will be my last attempt to get you to admit that which is before your very eyes. Then I will leave it alone. Forever.
    My understanding that you lived through a period (Obama) where many people around you --and perhaps even you yourself-- were complaining that wages were flat. You may have even read about it or seen it on TV.
    I have shown you the official stats from that period which show that in general wage growth was not stagnant.
    Isn't it possible that it was only the people around you, (in your economic sector) that had that stagnant wage experience?
    Isn't it possible that the people on TV or journalists were reporting isolated incidents and making it seem like it was widespread?
    After all we have the official stats. Are you gonna say that it is Fake News in true Trumpian form?
    Here is the chart one last time...
    bls-average-weekly-earnings1.jpg

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLiquidGuy For This Useful Post:

    Crepitus (11-12-2019)

  8. #47
    Points: 244,044, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    275151
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    108,250
    Points
    244,044
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,101
    Thanked 44,139x in 32,797 Posts
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Graphs are like polls. You can find one which says anything you want it to say.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    FindersKeepers (11-12-2019)

  10. #48
    Points: 12,771, Level: 27
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 779
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    288
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    12,771
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    203
    Thanked 278x in 230 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Graphs are like polls. You can find one which says anything you want it to say.
    Then go ahead...Find one that contradicts me. You can’t.

    (I know, i lied about leaving it alone)
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 11-12-2019 at 07:01 AM.

  11. #49

    Original Ranter
    Points: 236,997, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    50404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    60,756
    Points
    236,997
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,481
    Thanked 19,399x in 14,666 Posts
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Meamwhile more jobs which were lost forever are returning, new jobs are being created, wages are rising and the stock exchange continues to post new record highs.


    If Democrats plan on running against the condition of the economy, they'll look foolish
    They aren't. They are trying to avoid discussing it totally. They don't want the people focused on the economy. Hence the sham impeachment due to knowing none of their Clowns can beat Trump.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    The Sage of Main Street (11-12-2019)

  13. #50

    Original Ranter
    Points: 236,997, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    50404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    60,756
    Points
    236,997
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    27,481
    Thanked 19,399x in 14,666 Posts
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    It's happening now, they just changed the name.
    What name did they change it with? Link that up.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO