User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone really believe Biden is corrupt?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 37,875x in 28,318 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Sam Nunn was a friend of my fathers. Wrote my college and AFA recommendations.
    He was a good man, in spite of that recomendation.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,800x in 11,262 Posts
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    I tried to pin down what came first: Biden's promise to withhold loans, or congressional approval. I couldn't figure it out. Can you point me to where it shows that congress approved first?

(Even if the Biden incident came after approval, he was still fighting for the interests of the US and international community.)

But anyway, do you know what came first?
    U.S. Steps In Response To Russia's Intervention In Ukraine ...

https://www.npr.org/.../287278214/u-s-steps-in-response-to-russias-intervention-in-ukraine
    Mar 07, 2014 ∑

Biden arrives in Ukraine to show U.S. support as crisis ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/biden...
    Apr 21, 2014 ∑ He is the most senior administration official to visit Kiev since Ukraineís crisis with Russia began two months ago, leading to Moscowís annexation in March of Ukraineís autonomous Crimea Ö

So now you know Biden visited after Congress approved Aid for the Ukraine.
    Don't only Practice your Art, but force your way into its Secrets, For it and Knowledge can Raise men to the Divine!!!!! Ludwig Van Beethoven ~

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 70x in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    U.S. Steps In Response To Russia's Intervention In Ukraine ...
    So now you know Biden visited after Congress approved Aid for the Ukraine.
    Thank you for showing me that. I appreciate the work you did.

I was wrong. He did not have every right.

Even though he apparently had no legal right to withhold loan guarantees,
    he still had the right -- more so the obligation -- to protect U.S. interests in that moment.
    So he effectively bluffed when he said he would take his loan and go home.
    I am not sure I like the idea of a vice president resorting to bluffing.
    It seems a little un-vice-presidential. But it doesn't seem illegal since it's
    still easy to see that he was acting in the best interests of the United States.
    Again, the do-nothing prosecutor had to be gone before U.S. money started
    flowing in and mysteriously disappearing due to corruption .
    Also important to note: Hunter Biden came to Burisma after it's legal problems
    had occurred, so Hunter was not in legal jeopardy.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 70x in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    He was on the board because his last name prevented criminal prosecutions of the company. That is illegal.
    You seem to be saying it's illegal for the son of a VP to join a company in a foreign company so that no one will prosecute the company. Not sure if there is a statute that says that.

Your best shot is that it might me immoral. But only immoral on the part of the company. Hunter is just renting out his name.

As for Joe having a conflict of interest by pressuring Ukraine to fire the prosecutor:
    You would only be able to argue that if the only plausible explanation was that he was protecting his son.
    Unfortunately there is a better explanation. Check the post previous to this one to see it.

Let me know when there is some evidence of wrong doing at Burisma post Hunter.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 211x in 163 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he still had the right -- more so the obligation -- to protect U.S. interests in that moment.
    still easy to see that he was acting in the best interests of the United States.
    Legal right?

The President, be he Bush, Obama or Trump are foreign policy. Any one of them has (or had) an legal right to change anything at any point in time. They have the right to fire anyone without cause. The State Dept. reports to the President. So does the military. SInce you cannot discern bad judgement from intent, then you cannot say what he does was meant to hurt the USA. You can only proclaim his poor judgement.
    In the case of the Bidens he did not ask anyone to frame anyone so a investigation means nothing. The Democrats in D.C. and NY have been investigating and harassing Trump for more than 3 years. The Ukraine just got rid of the government that was trying to interfere in the 2016 election and that was responsible for the Hillary funded the fake Russian election interference that slowed Trumps agenda. You want intent? Explain Hunter Biden involvement in the Ukraine and China. Tell us about the drug addicts talent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-14-2019)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 70x in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Legal right?

The President, be he Bush, Obama or Trump are foreign policy. Any one of them has (or had) an legal right to change anything at any point in time. They have the right to fire anyone without cause. The State Dept. reports to the President. So does the military. SInce you cannot discern bad judgement from intent, then you cannot say what he does was meant to hurt the USA. You can only proclaim his poor judgement.
    In the case of the Bidens he did not ask anyone to frame anyone so a investigation means nothing. The Democrats in D.C. and NY have been investigating and harassing Trump for more than 3 years. The Ukraine just got rid of the government that was trying to interfere in the 2016 election and that was responsible for the Hillary funded the fake Russian election interference that slowed Trumps agenda. You want intent? Explain Hunter Biden involvement in the Ukraine and China. Tell us about the drug addicts talent.

I am not sure if you realize this but in the post you quoted I was talking about Biden as VP not having the right to do what he wanted with funds. I am not a lawyer but i am pretty sure that short of a national emergency only congress can appropriate funds. So if that is true, biden would not have the right to deny a loan guarantee to Ukraine.

Trump did not ask Ukraine to frame anyone. But that is beside the point. He wanted Ukraine to have a press conference and announce that Biden was being investigated. Itís unlikely that he even cared if the investigation was even carried out. He just wanted the announcement so US citizens would assume he was corrupt and therefore not vote for him.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 79,638x in 53,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe violated 18 USC 208.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be saying it's illegal for the son of a VP to join a company in a foreign company so that no one will prosecute the company. Not sure if there is a statute that says that.

Your best shot is that it might me immoral. But only immoral on the part of the company. Hunter is just renting out his name.
    Actually I already mentioned the Foreign Corruption Practices Act. Hunter may have violated it. The people who put him on the board of directors certainly violated it. I suspect Hunter did violate it by knowingly accepting the position for the sole purpose of using his father for political cover. But it may not be able to be proven in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy;2737798As for Joe having a conflict of interest by pressuring Ukraine to fire the prosecutor:
    You would only be able to argue that if the only plausible explanation was that he was protecting his son.
    Unfortunately there is a better explanation. Check the post previous to this one to see it.

Let me know when there is some evidence of wrong doing at Burisma post Hunter.[FONT=Verdana
    [/FONT]
    No. 18 USC 208 has two parts. Actual conflicts of interest, and the appearance of conflicts of interest. Joe is stuck.

He should have recused himself from any official action relating to that company.

Your last sentence is a red herring.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Legal right?

That is what the entire "impeachment" is about. Senior state department officials think they set foreign policy and the president just says OK. Trump reminded them that they are incorrect. And here we are. The coup plotters took these discontented federal employees and used them- trashing their reputations in the process.

Taylor made a mistake by letting himself be used by the coup plotters. He perfect reputation is now forever stained.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if you realize this but in the post you quoted I was talking about Biden as VP not having the right to do what he wanted with funds. I am not a lawyer but i am pretty sure that short of a national emergency only congress can appropriate funds. So if that is true, biden would not have the right to deny a loan guarantee to Ukraine.

Trump did not ask Ukraine to frame anyone. But that is beside the point. He wanted Ukraine to have a press conference and announce that Biden was being investigated. It’s unlikely that he even cared if the investigation was even carried out. He just wanted the announcement so US citizens would assume he was corrupt and therefore not vote for him.
    That is not entirely true. Foreign assistance is funded in bulk by Congress in the appropriations acts. (Of course they may have specific line items). But the executive branch just doesn't dole out the money. All grants of US tax dollars to foreign governments come with conditions. If those are not met the money is not given, and it returns to the General Treasury.

We have a treaty with Ukraine (and over a hundred other nations) to cooperate in fighting corruption.

What Joe did certainly violated 18 USC 208. Trump was bound by treaty to ensure Ukraine investigated.

Schiff using this for impeachment is seditious. We all know what the maximum penalty for that is.

Despite the reaction of the forum's biggest troll is.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-14-2019)

+ Reply to Thread