User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Shocker Coming Out of Stone Trial

  1. #1

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 42,082, Level: 50
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Agent Zero's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    19503
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,386
    Points
    42,082
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    2,331
    Thanked 1,668x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Shocker Coming Out of Stone Trial

    No, no shockers I just always laugh at that word in right wing healines, but it seems like Trump was aware of Wikileaks a lot sooner than we thought, and of course Jarod had to be intrinsically involved.

    https://apnews.com/2dcf23a971fe4c7184e65ca9d2580b11

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Testimony in the colorful trial of Roger Stone — featuring talk of dognapping and Godfather references — wrapped up Tuesday with a top Trump campaign official telling jurors that Stone tried to contact Jared Kushner to “debrief” him about hacked emails damaging to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
    Stone, a longtime Trump friend and ally, is charged with witness tampering and lying to Congress about his attempts to contact WikiLeaks about the damaging material during the 2016 presidential campaign.
    Stone, who has denied wrongdoing, did not testify. His attorneys rested after playing a tape of his congressional testimony. Closing arguments are scheduled for Wednesday.
    Throughout the trial, prosecutors used Stone’s own text messages and emails — some of which appeared to contradict his congressional testimony — to lay out their case that he lied to Congress and threatened a witness.
    Rick Gates, who was Trump’s deputy campaign chairman and became a key cooperator in the special counsel’s Russia probe, told jurors he received a text message from Stone on June 15, 2016, asking for Kushner’s contact information. He said Stone wanted to “debrief” Kushner on developments about the hacked emails. Kushner was a senior campaign adviser at the time.
    Gates did not say if Stone received Kushner’s information. Kushner’s attorney did not respond to a message seeking comment.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;


  2. #2
    Points: 1,388, Level: 8
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    273
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    499
    Points
    1,388
    Level
    8
    Thanks Given
    44
    Thanked 263x in 205 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    No, no shockers I just always laugh at that word in right wing healines, but it seems like Trump was aware of Wikileaks a lot sooner than we thought, and of course Jarod had to be intrinsically involved.

    https://apnews.com/2dcf23a971fe4c7184e65ca9d2580b11

    WASHINGTON (AP) — Testimony in the colorful trial of Roger Stone — featuring talk of dognapping and Godfather references — wrapped up Tuesday with a top Trump campaign official telling jurors that Stone tried to contact Jared Kushner to “debrief” him about hacked emails damaging to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.
    Let's pretend that everything that you and one other person said is true and Trump knew wikileaks was going to release documents in advance.

    Why would that matter? What would be illegal about knowing in advance? Did Trump or his team have any control over it? What law would have been broken?

    The left has a desire to create drama over nothing. There was no illegal act on behalf of anyone except the Clinton team that did not protect classified information and whoever stole the information. Wikileaks is covered by the same laws that allow the NYTimes to published classified documents/stories that they have given to them. The NYTimes was Wikileaks before Wikileaks was Wikileaks.

    Same deal as the Ukraine hearings. Unless Trump asked the Ukraine to frame Biden then what would he gain by an investigation into them if they did nothing wrong? The Democrats have to prove intent and a investigation into a nothing burher would provide nothing.

    It appears Democrats like to create their own laws and ethics to fit what they do and then separate ones for their opponents.

  3. #3

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 42,082, Level: 50
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,468
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Agent Zero's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    19503
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,386
    Points
    42,082
    Level
    50
    Thanks Given
    2,331
    Thanked 1,668x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Let's pretend that everything that you and one other person said is true and Trump knew wikileaks was going to release documents in advance.

    Why would that matter? What would be illegal about knowing in advance? Did Trump or his team have any control over it? What law would have been broken?

    The left has a desire to create drama over nothing. There was no illegal act on behalf of anyone except the Clinton team that did not protect classified information and whoever stole the information. Wikileaks is covered by the same laws that allow the NYTimes to published classified documents/stories that they have given to them. The NYTimes was Wikileaks before Wikileaks was Wikileaks.

    Same deal as the Ukraine hearings. Unless Trump asked the Ukraine to frame Biden then what would he gain by an investigation into them if they did nothing wrong? The Democrats have to prove intent and a investigation into a nothing burher would provide nothing.

    It appears Democrats like to create their own laws and ethics to fit what they do and then separate ones for their opponents.
    Ever hear of attempted robbery? Attempted murder? Just because the crime isn’t successful doesn’t make it any less a crime.
    How crazy alt righties got pwnd by a conervative web site:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/berlins.../#3b7ecb78e9b5
    il·lib·er·al
    i(l)ˈlib(ə)rəladjective1.opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behavior
    "illiberal and anti-democratic policies
    • synonyms: intolerant, narrow-minded, unenlightened, conservative, reactionary;


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent Zero For This Useful Post:

    exotix (11-13-2019)

  5. #4
    Points: 217,007, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    269031
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    96,079
    Points
    217,007
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    11,036
    Thanked 38,014x in 28,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Roger Stone stuff is a joke. It is actually funny.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 11-13-2019 at 12:53 PM.

  6. #5
    Points: 217,007, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    269031
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    96,079
    Points
    217,007
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    11,036
    Thanked 38,014x in 28,436 Posts
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Ever hear of attempted robbery? Attempted murder? Just because the crime isn’t successful doesn’t make it any less a crime.
    So, how would advance knowledge of Wikileaks dumping documents be a crime, attempted ot otherwise?

  7. #6
    Original Ranter
    Points: 538,689, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    428754
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    161,309
    Points
    538,689
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    95,067
    Thanked 79,734x in 53,786 Posts
    Mentioned
    2237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Let's pretend that everything that you and one other person said is true and Trump knew wikileaks was going to release documents in advance.

    Why would that matter? What would be illegal about knowing in advance? Did Trump or his team have any control over it? What law would have been broken?

    The left has a desire to create drama over nothing. There was no illegal act on behalf of anyone except the Clinton team that did not protect classified information and whoever stole the information. Wikileaks is covered by the same laws that allow the NYTimes to published classified documents/stories that they have given to them. The NYTimes was Wikileaks before Wikileaks was Wikileaks.

    Same deal as the Ukraine hearings. Unless Trump asked the Ukraine to frame Biden then what would he gain by an investigation into them if they did nothing wrong? The Democrats have to prove intent and a investigation into a nothing burher would provide nothing.

    It appears Democrats like to create their own laws and ethics to fit what they do and then separate ones for their opponents.
    It doesn't matter. Seth Rich stole the DNC emails and was murdered for it. Assange has told us this.

    Neither Russia nor Ukraine was involved. The DNC's private analysis of the hard drive showed that the download speeds were faster than what could be remotely downloaded.

    I just wonder what pissed Seth Rich off enough to steal and pass on those emails.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

  8. #7
    Points: 1,388, Level: 8
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    273
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    499
    Points
    1,388
    Level
    8
    Thanks Given
    44
    Thanked 263x in 205 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Ever hear of attempted robbery? Attempted murder? Just because the crime isn’t successful doesn’t make it any less a crime.
    Attempted Robbery with no weapon or attempted murder with out any harm?

    If Biden was innocent (as claimed) then he had nothing to lose by the investigation and sould have used it against Trump. There was only attempted crime if Trump instructed them to frame the Bidens or else.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO