Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,570x in 36,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Murray is a very interesting intellectual.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,869x in 4,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Good. We don't need an organization that supports hate groups rallying students to harrass, bully, or write "$#@!" on gay student's cars.
    https://katu.com/news/local/students...PxQXtq6Yr6QOJs

WEST LINN, Ore. – Dozens of students walked out of West Linn High School Friday to protest the school’s use of Chick-Fil-A at football games and other recent homophobic incidents they say have occurred at school.
    West Linn High School’s Gay-Straight Alliance organized the walkout and says the current culture at the school is not safe for LGBTQ+ students. They posted to Instagram saying students are being harassed in sports games and in classrooms.

ADVERTISING

There were also about 25 parents and family members present standing across the street from the school during the walkout.
    The Gay-Straight Alliance is upset that a Chick-Fil-A food cart is allowed at high school football games. They say Chick-Fil-A supports anti-LGBTQ+ organizations.
    Another group of students walked out of school Friday and were wearing "Make America Great Again" hats. They were waving Chick-Fil-A bags around and were mocking the group that had walked out to support LGBTQ+ students.
    West Linn High School said the food truck will remain at football games for the rest of the season, but in the future, they will have a better vetting process for any contracts with companies.
    "The West Linn-Wilsonville School District takes all matters of school safety seriously, and diligently investigates and addresses all potential safety concerns. That includes bullying or cyberbullying," said Andrew Kilstrom, the school’s public information officer.
    Kilstrom said he's not aware of any specific incidents of harassment among students. He said there have been issues in the past and its something they're constantly working on.
    He said the Chick-Fil-A food truck was one of several vendors selected by the booster club for football games this season.
    District staff are working with students to address their concerns about the food truck.

https://katu.com/news/local/chick-fi...-football-game

WEST LINN, Ore. — Sometimes the Chick-fil-A truck is parked with the other food carts -- sometimes at another location -- but it was nowhere to be seen at Friday's night's playoff game at West Linn.
    "Usually it's parked over there by Dutch Bros. and the elephant ears," is what Lori Williams told the KATU crew.
    Williams and her daughter were watching the front gates.
    This is interesting, since there seems to be an overwhelming tendency of liberals to automatically claim that if someone doesn't support X, then they 'hate' it. No one is allowed to support what they believe in, but must loudly and roundly claim support of anything that makes the shout-down professionals happy or they will be labeled a 'hater'.

Guess what... it's fiction. I have no issue with anyone who has any sexuality, gender, or no gender, of any race creed or color, if they act like human beings. You come at me telling me I'm a hater because I am different than 'you' or not actively cheering on people different than me, then it's not me who has the problem, it's 'you'.

This is something that I am very tired of explaining to people who spew vitriol at those who are pretty much live and let live, or even those who actively support what they believe in. If everybody is supposed to accept those that choose a different lifestyle, then it MUST be reciprocal. Those other than their neighbor are not exempt from this requirement.

Deal with it.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (11-15-2019)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,246x in 12,372 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texan View Post
    I will answer. None. They also employ many.

Bogus, dumb students listening to idiots tell them untrue things and then reacting.
    You apparently missed Post #4. It answers the question.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    As they say, the SPLC would demonize a ham sandwich if it helped their fundraising.
    They should. The sons of Ham were enslaved. Genesis 9:18.

"In 1639 A.M. when the nations were scattered following the failure of the Tower of Babel, Ham and his children journeyed to their allotment, with the exception of Canaan, who settled in Shem's territory, thus receiving another curse."
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,577x in 25,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    https://www.glaad.org/meetfordinner Since 2003, Chick-fil-A has given more than $5 million to organizations that actively work to hurt LGBT Americans. These groups include the American Family Association, which the Southern Poverty Law Center deems a hate group. Additionally, Chick-fil-A has donated to groups that have gone on record as calling for "criminal sanctions" against gay and lesbian Americans, as well as groups that promote so-called "ex-gay therapy," a practice both debunked and deemed as harmful by nearly every major medical authority in the country. Chick-fil-A COO Dan Cathy himself said that our LGBT-accepting culture suffers from a "deprived mind," that marriage equality is "twisted up," and that making marriage equality legal is "inviting God's judgment." Mr. Cathy has his opinion, but he should hear from us and from fellow Christians who disagree – and he should know how his donations are hurting families here in Georgia.
    I don't consider the SPLC to be a credible source in naming hate groups.

Putting aside my personal beliefs, let me ask a serious question that I hope will provoke thoughtful, not hateful, replies: if the Bible states that certain types of conduct constitute "sin", and that concept includes --according to the Bible-- homosexual sex as well as other things such as greed, sloth, drunkenness, witchcraft, adultery, prostitution, and a bunch of other things, AND if we freely acknowledge that all of us humans are sinners in countless ways, how do we respond to those Christians who embrace this Biblical view of homosexuality as sin? Do we write them all off as vile bigots? Do we "educate" them i.e., persuade them that certain parts of the Bible --the divine word of God for them-- are just wrong and should be ignored?

I know that many on here have espoused that they believe that homosexuality is a sin. I don't think they advocate any type of violence or discrimination or hatred toward homosexuals? As I understand it, they are saying that homosexuals should not get special treatment. And of course, we are all sinners in many ways.

I'm just curious about how we reconcile tolerance for one oppressed group (homosexuals) with tolerance for another group (Christians), without turning that second group into an equally oppressed, vilified community. I don't think this controversy speaks to free speech as much as it begs a discussion of what freedom of religion truly means in our country in the 21st century. When we start marginalizing biblical-based views as ignorant bigotry and people who espouse those views as dimwits, aren't we treading on dangerous ground? There's a difference between showing love for all people --sinners included-- and affirmatively condoning certain conduct as "okay". How can we force Christians who believe in the Biblical definitions of sin to say that what the Bible identifies as sin really isn't?

Personally, I think it's a difficult issue that requires patience and genuine attempts at honest discussion and understanding on all sides.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-15-2019),Standing Wolf (11-15-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Murray is a very interesting intellectual.
    But still a deviant according to you.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    [...]

Putting aside my personal beliefs, let me ask a serious question that I hope will provoke thoughtful, not hateful, replies: if the Bible states that certain types of conduct constitute "sin", and that concept includes --according to the Bible-- homosexual sex as well as other things such as greed, sloth, drunkenness, witchcraft, adultery, prostitution, and a bunch of other things [...] Do we write them all off as vile bigots? Do we "educate" them [...]

How can we force Christians who believe in the Biblical definitions of sin to say that what the Bible identifies as sin really isn't?

Personally, I think it's a difficult issue that requires patience and genuine attempts at honest discussion and understanding on all sides.
    You take all sides to express nothing else. You express your beliefs perfectly.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,570x in 36,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    But still a deviant according to you.
    Right.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Toober's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 267x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    males can never become females, nor can females ever become males,,,cause science...

science deniers are interesting to observe...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toober For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-15-2019),Peter1469 (11-15-2019)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Toober's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 267x in 188 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chick-fil-A food truck to sell chicken sandwiches during one of the school’s football games, among other microaggressions they said were making LGBT students feel “unsafe.”

their collective weakness sickens me...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Toober For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (11-15-2019)

+ Reply to Thread