User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,395x in 94,880 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I don't care about him posing for a picture. It is stupid and classless, but in reality, pretty much harmless.

I care about him murdering a wounded prisoner and getting away with it. That is exactly what he did. The Navy and now the President, let themselves be played by that disgusting subhuman pile of dung.

When he did what he did, The other Americans present should have just gut shot him and left him for the locals.
    I don't care about terrorist scum.

Why do you?
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I didn't knw that was illegal. How long has that been the case?
    Part of the Geneva Conventions.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Mister D (11-16-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Part of the Geneva Conventions.
    Oh, wow. It's relatively old.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Oh, wow. It's relatively old.
    Yes. I did countless law of war briefings. I told everyone to never post anything on the net. But they paid as much attention as I did to law of war briefs prior to our ground assault into Iraq in 1992.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. I did countless law of war briefings. I told everyone to never post anything on the net. But they paid as much attention as I did to law of war briefs prior to our ground assault into Iraq in 1992.
    I can see taking a pic and smuggling it home. Not to be morbid but I can understand that. Posting it on the net means you're a $#@!ing idiot.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-16-2019),Toober (11-16-2019)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,473x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care about terrorist scum.

Why do you?

I find it difficult to believe you actually asked me that question.

Let me break this down for you. I don't care about "terrorist scum". I do however care about the integrity and the honor of the United States and her military. We have laws regarding the conduct of US personnel in combat. One of those laws says you don't murder "out of combat" prisoners. We don't shoot them. We don't stab them in the neck (Gallagher). We don't beat them and we don't starve them. When we take custody of them, their safety becomes OUR responsibility.

I am sure you know why those laws exist. Hint... It has nothing to do with "caring about terrorist scum". It actually has a lot to do with not becoming terrorist scum.

Gallagher violated his oath. He murdered a wounded, out of combat prisoner. It doesn't matter what that prisoner had done. It doesn't matter what the conditions were of his capture. It wouldn't matter if he had killed Gallagher's wife and raped his dog. Once he became a prisoner Gallagher had a sacred duty to safeguard him. He didn't just not safeguard him. He murdered him.

There is no excuse for that. There is no defense. Gallagher is a disgrace to the Navy, the Special Operations Community, and the United States of America.

He should have been hanged in country, right where the incident occurred, as an example.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

BenjaminO (11-17-2019),Green Arrow (11-16-2019),Standing Wolf (11-16-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I find it difficult to believe you actually asked me that question.

Let me break this down for you. I don't care about "terrorist scum". I do however care about the integrity and the honor of the United States and her military. We have laws regarding the conduct of US personnel in combat. One of those laws says you don't murder "out of combat" prisoners. We don't shoot them. We don't stab them in the neck (Gallagher). We don't beat them and we don't starve them. When we take custody of them, their safety becomes OUR responsibility.

I am sure you know why those laws exist. Hint... It has nothing to do with "caring about terrorist scum". It actually has a lot to do with not becoming terrorist scum.

Gallagher violated his oath. He murdered a wounded, out of combat prisoner. It doesn't matter what that prisoner had done. It doesn't matter what the conditions were of his capture. It wouldn't matter if he had killed Gallagher's wife and raped his dog. Once he became a prisoner Gallagher had a sacred duty to safeguard him. He didn't just not safeguard him. He murdered him.

There is no excuse for that. There is no defense. Gallagher is a disgrace to the Navy, the Special Operations Community, and the United States of America.

He should have been hanged in country, right where the incident occurred, as an example.
    It does not appear that he did. The trial transcript disagrees with you. Two witnesses verify that. A team member, and an Iraqi General. Why do you insist to ignore them?

And when we fight animals, our men are going to respond in kind.

It is the young Seals who skated through Buds and tried to frame their chief who shame the Seal community.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does not appear that he did. The trial transcript disagrees with you. Two witnesses verify that. A team member, and an Iraqi General. Why do you insist to ignore them?
    The transcript does not disagree with me, Pete. Your selective reading of it disagrees with me.

The transcript says that Scott, the medic who "confessed" to killing the prisoner (after being granted immunity) testified that Gallagher stabbed the prisoner in the neck. He said the prisoner however, did not die directly as a result of the neck wound, but because Scott pinched off his air as an "act of mercy".

The Iraqi General's testimony isn't worth $#@!. The medic who was working on the prisoner testified the prisoner had a neck wound inflicted by Scott with a knife AFTER he was taken into custody and was being treated for other wounds.

Nobody "skates" through BUDS. Gallagher's fellow SEALs testified that Gallagher was out of control and on more than one occasion had opened fire on civilians. They had nothing to gain by that testimony. In fact, they had a great deal to lose.

Gallagher murdered an out of combat, wounded prisoner. He got away with it, much to the shame of this nation.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

BenjaminO (11-17-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Edward Gallagher sues the Secretary of the Navy and a NYT "reporter."

This is good.

The Navy illegally leaked documents to the "reporter" who then defamed him.

Former Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher, who was acquitted of murder and attempted murder charges last year stemming from allegations that he fatally stabbed a wounded teenage ISIS fighter and shot Iraqi civilians, is suing the Secretary of the Navy and a New York Times reporter, alleging the reporter defamed Gallagher with the help of Navy officials illegally leaking him documents.

The suit accuses the Navy of leaking “about 500 pages of confidential documents from the Navy’s criminal investigation” on Gallagher to reporter David Philipps, who extensively covered the allegations against Gallagher prior to and after his trial at Navy Base San Diego last year.

According to the lawsuit, “corrupt Navy officials” conspired to defame Gallagher by leaking information to Philipps, who published several articles that Gallagher’s attorneys allege presented false information to discredit the former SEAL.

The complaint further alleges that Philipps wholly fabricated some allegations against Gallagher, including that Gallagher routinely fired on civilian neighborhoods and tried to run over a Navy Police officer in 2014.

The suit alleges information leaked to Philipps included “witness interview summaries and seized text messages” from the criminal investigation and “a complete list of other SEALs that Chief Gallagher had deployed with on prior occasions” so that Philipps could contact them for his stories.

Navy officials hoped “negative publicity would help to pressure Chief Gallagher into taking a plea, as well as to influence any potential jury pool,” the complaint alleges.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe you are still defending that piece of $#@!.

+ Reply to Thread