Members banned from this thread: jet57

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Leftism Isnt a Religion, Its Something Worse

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 45,041x in 33,132 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In general, speaking to the new topic, it can be said that the Enlightened liberal (classical even) project was to replace the existing social order or hierarchy founded on family, religion, tradition, and community in order to free man of all those encumbrances. And it has largely succeeded for there is virtually nothing now standing between the individual and the state.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Ann Fann's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 60 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I have to say that I wouldn't characterize the left as anti religion by a long shot; your source is "conservative" and such is an ideology as well that has always tended toward the Protestant religion in this country: the "WASP" as they've been historically described. The real problem of religion in this country, for those like myself and those in and outside of the "faith" as it's called, is legislative social engineering. That is to say using the law to "put God into all aspects of our society", as in education, healthcare, our judicial system, business, etc etc. The mocking" as you refer to it is based in the hypocrisies of the religious right and the illogical and unreasonable ways in which the "wasps" continue to mock, attack, attempt to legislate, i.e. force their ideology onto the rest of society while ignoring the first amendment to our constitution.

"Conservatives" just never get this right and fail to learn from the past, thus the train shall never meet.
    This is such BS. Who has it that foisted gay marriage off on society? Transgenderism? And by the way, the American College of Pediatrics is saying that "transgenderism" applied to children is child abuse. So by extension, the political left condones child abuse. The Protestants didn't and don't do that.

+ Reply to Thread