Members banned from this thread: Standing Wolf and jet57

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Leftism Isn’t a Religion, It’s Something Worse

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In general, speaking to the new topic, it can be said that the Enlightened liberal (classical even) project was to replace the existing social order or hierarchy founded on family, religion, tradition, and community in order to free man of all those encumbrances. And it has largely succeeded for there is virtually nothing now standing between the individual and the state.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Ann Fann's Avatar Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 85x in 62 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I have to say that I wouldn't characterize the left as anti religion by a long shot; your source is "conservative" and such is an ideology as well that has always tended toward the Protestant religion in this country: the "WASP" as they've been historically described. The real problem of religion in this country, for those like myself and those in and outside of the "faith" as it's called, is legislative social engineering. That is to say using the law to "put God into all aspects of our society", as in education, healthcare, our judicial system, business, etc etc. The mocking" as you refer to it is based in the hypocrisies of the religious right and the illogical and unreasonable ways in which the "wasps" continue to mock, attack, attempt to legislate, i.e. force their ideology onto the rest of society while ignoring the first amendment to our constitution.

"Conservatives" just never get this right and fail to learn from the past, thus the train shall never meet.
    This is such BS. Who has it that foisted gay marriage off on society? Transgenderism? And by the way, the American College of Pediatrics is saying that "transgenderism" applied to children is child abuse. So by extension, the political left condones child abuse. The Protestants didn't and don't do that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ann Fann For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-08-2019)

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Dangermouse's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 737x in 528 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I think you need to be more realistic and look around you and what is professed at Universities, the left wants religion gone, it interferes with their genderless and immoral ideals for a society
    Many on the left are religious. They may want the aberrant phenomenon of the religious right gone, (see the three "religions of the book" for extremist examples) but not religion per se.
    Last edited by Dangermouse; 12-08-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    News: Rich people paying rich people to tell middle class people to blame poor people.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    I think you need to be more realistic and look around you and what is professed at Universities, the left wants religion gone, it interferes with their genderless and immoral ideals for a society
    I wouldn't say the left wants religion gone. They just want certain religions gone. One of the more ironic situations taking place in the West right now is the left's condemnation of conservative Christians while defending much more conservative Muslims.

It really shows vast cognitive dissonance and a lack of consistent principles.

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    I wouldn't say the left wants religion gone. They just want certain religions gone. One of the more ironic situations taking place in the West right now is the left's condemnation of conservative Christians while defending much more conservative Muslims.

It really shows vast cognitive dissonance and a lack of consistent principles.

I think if you dig far enough you'll find the moral basis for its defense of Muslims ought to be the same basis for its defending Christians.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-08-2019)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,089x in 12,284 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was an interesting discussion, which I just now got around to reading. Made it as far as page 4, when the OP author - predictably, I have to say - had the member who was disagreeing with him and pointing out his errors in logic most effectively, thread-banned, despite his not having violated any forum rules. This kind of nonsense must stop.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

jet57 (04-21-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,040x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tPF Thread Ban - Note: Please see this announcement if clarification on tPF is required. Additionally, see Rule 10 for further details.

Notice - at the request of OP, @Standing Wolf has been banned from this thread.

Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Liberty76's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I have to say that I wouldn't characterize the left as anti religion by a long shot; your source is "conservative" and such is an ideology as well that has always tended toward the Protestant religion in this country: the "WASP" as they've been historically described. The real problem of religion in this country, for those like myself and those in and outside of the "faith" as it's called, is legislative social engineering. That is to say using the law to "put God into all aspects of our society", as in education, healthcare, our judicial system, business, etc etc. The mocking" as you refer to it is based in the hypocrisies of the religious right and the illogical and unreasonable ways in which the "wasps" continue to mock, attack, attempt to legislate, i.e. force their ideology onto the rest of society while ignoring the first amendment to our constitution.

"Conservatives" just never get this right and fail to learn from the past, thus the train shall never meet.
    You want to talk about being a Christian?

How many of you so called Christians went banging on the doors of your Churches demanding to be let in
    when the government told you you couldn't because of covid?

How many of you hid your face from God and trusted Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci along with the government
    and media instead of your Lord and Savior? Jesus allowed himself to be tortured to death for your sins you pathetic losers.

GOD hates cowards. You know that right?

This goes for all of you.

+ Reply to Thread