User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Lebanese Bologna

  1. #1
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lebanese Bologna

    I tried it today for the first time. Its a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. Its deep in flavor and a lot of finish that reminds me of cheap wine but I enjoyed it. Tomorrow im going to try with a smoky cheese and see how that flies. I like new things!
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  2. #2
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_bologna

    Lebanon bologna is a type of cured, smoked, and fermented semidry sausage. Made of beef, it is similar in appearance and texture to salami, though somewhat darker in color, and typically served as a cold cut or appetizer. Lebanon bologna has a distinct tangy flavor, more so than other fermented meat products such as summer sausage. Hardwood smoking imparts a strong smokiness to the traditionally prepared versions of the product; increasingly, liquid smoke is used as a substitu
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  3. #3
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  4. #4

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 40,242, Level: 49
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,608
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    10645
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    upstate New York
    Posts
    12,808
    Points
    40,242
    Level
    49
    Thanks Given
    4,494
    Thanked 4,909x in 3,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I tried it today for the first time. Its a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. Its deep in flavor and a lot of finish that reminds me of cheap wine but I enjoyed it. Tomorrow im going to try with a smoky cheese and see how that flies. I like new things!
    It definitely has a distinct smell to it; I think it's better for you then the standard bologna most people buy.
    Currently plotting the overthrow of the world; unfortunately I have no idea how to do it.
    .
    Independent and proud of it!
    If you allow people to use you as a piece of carpet, they will. -- Eugene V. Debs

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (11-21-2019)

  6. #5
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    It definitely has a distinct smell to it; I think it's better for you then the standard bologna most people buy.
    It is strong! I always get the creeps about regular bologna because I figure its made out of pig lips.
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  7. #6
    Points: 134,543, Level: 88
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,507
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863328
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,727
    Points
    134,543
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    6,045
    Thanked 5,590x in 3,853 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_bologna

    Lebanon bologna is a type of cured, smoked, and fermented semidry sausage. Made of beef, it is similar in appearance and texture to salami, though somewhat darker in color, and typically served as a cold cut or appetizer. Lebanon bologna has a distinct tangy flavor, more so than other fermented meat products such as summer sausage. Hardwood smoking imparts a strong smokiness to the traditionally prepared versions of the product; increasingly, liquid smoke is used as a substitu
    I've had summer sausage. It's good but not dry enough for me. I'll have to try to find this sausage. I don't know why they would call it bologna - it bears no resemblance to bologna whatsoever. It looks like salami. I like very dry salami, usually German.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #7
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I've had summer sausage. It's good but not dry enough for me. I'll have to try to find this sausage. I don't know why they would call it bologna - it bears no resemblance to bologna whatsoever. It looks like salami. I like very dry salami, usually German.
    Its like a very strong salami. Its interesting because it hits the palate so hard you feel full very quickly. I ate one sandwich of it with a bit of real mayo with olive oil in it and a few chocolate covered cherries about 4 PM. Im still not hungry but im thinking snack time anyway. I think im going to flip things over to something bland like peanut butter crackers balance it out. Thats what im craving now
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  9. #8
    Points: 134,543, Level: 88
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,507
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    863328
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    54,727
    Points
    134,543
    Level
    88
    Thanks Given
    6,045
    Thanked 5,590x in 3,853 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    Its like a very strong salami. Its interesting because it hits the palate so hard you feel full very quickly. I ate one sandwich of it with a bit of real mayo with olive oil in it and a few chocolate covered cherries about 4 PM. Im still not hungry but im thinking snack time anyway. I think im going to flip things over to something bland like peanut butter crackers balance it out. Thats what im craving now
    I like a strong salami but never with mayo or mustard. Just some good rye bread, preferably dark rye and fairly dense. Even Russian rye bread which is quite dense but moist and sliced very thin. If you want to tone down the salami, add a slice of any kind of nutty tasting cheese or even provolone. I prefer to eat my salami sandwich the European way, open face.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (11-21-2019)

  11. #9
    Points: 37,625, Level: 47
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5708
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    11,328
    Points
    37,625
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    6,253
    Thanked 5,701x in 4,084 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I like a strong salami but never with mayo or mustard. Just some good rye bread, preferably dark rye and fairly dense. Even Russian rye bread which is quite dense but moist and sliced very thin. If you want to tone down the salami, add a slice of any kind of nutty tasting cheese or even provolone. I prefer to eat my salami sandwich the European way, open face.
    That sounds very good. Thinking back the mayo was a distraction. It made it taste heavy but not in the good way the sausage tasted. I think thats why it had such a strong finish. The mayo did not compliment it well, at all.
    you are the music, they're just the band. .

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (11-20-2019)

  13. #10
    Points: 17,341, Level: 31
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2060
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7,646
    Points
    17,341
    Level
    31
    Thanks Given
    5
    Thanked 2,052x in 1,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is the music room?




    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO