Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exposed partisanship

So, there was a thread where two people were arrested for “planning” an attack.... http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...Mass-Shootings

There were no comments about how this was a bad thing because they didn’t “go through” with it.

So, why are there so many conservatives using the argument that because Trump didn’t “follow through” with his “plan” that somehow his actions were different and no crime took place?

I figured I’d ask, seeing how some topics are not allowed even though it relates directly to the subject.
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm.....with this Sham Impeachment Process. I didn't see you mention anything about the Demos exposed Partisanship. I wonder why that is. LMAO!
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (11-22-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Hmmm.....with this Sham Impeachment Process. I didn't see you mention anything about the Demos exposed Partisanship. I wonder why that is. LMAO!
    Link?
    “Conscientiously believing that the proper condition of the negro is slavery, or a complete subjection to the white man, and entertaining the belief that the day is not distant when the old Union will be restored with slavery nationally declared to be the proper condition of all of African descent, and in view of the future harmony and progress of all the States of America, I have been induced to issue this address, so that there may be no misunderstanding in the future”

- Jefferson Davis

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Link?
    Vote shows Pelosi’s impeachment inquiry more partisan than ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/31/...
    Oct 31, 2019 · Vote shows Pelosi's impeachment inquiry more partisan than Clinton effort ... The 232-196 vote to launch an impeachment inquiry of President ... One of the Democrats to vote against the inquiry

What the Impeachment Vote Says About the Trump Inquiry’s ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/31/us/politics/...
    Oct 31, 2019 · The stark division in the 232-to-196 vote made clear that the accelerating impeachment inquiry will continue to be highly partisan as it moves into its more public phase, with the two parties …

When your NY Times says will continue to be highly Partisan. What did you think it means? LOL.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (11-22-2019)

Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    YAAFH (Yet Another Argument from Hypocrisy).

You can't reach truth via fallacy.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-21-2019)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,643x in 56,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, there was a thread where two people were arrested for “planning” an attack.... http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...Mass-Shootings

There were no comments about how this was a bad thing because they didn’t “go through” with it.

So, why are there so many conservatives using the argument that because Trump didn’t “follow through” with his “plan” that somehow his actions were different and no crime took place?

I figured I’d ask, seeing how some topics are not allowed even though it relates directly to the subject.
    Seriously? If someone doesn't comment in a particular thread, it's the same thing as providing a comment in defense of Trump in an unrelated thread.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 11-21-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cannons Front's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,150x in 2,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had answered your Rhetorical question but deleted it after the general mod warning was posted.

The "Planning attack" situation is completely different than your political situation scenario.

I will start with saying attempting to bribe is wrong and just because the bribe is not accepted does not make it ok. there is actually a charge that covers that Attempted Bribery.

I will start with the POTUS.
    Currently no facts or evidence have been presented that show there was an attempt at anything beyond diplomatic procedures. All negotiations involve give and take, that is after all what you are negotiating for, what someone can do for you at what cost to you. So there is no debate that normal Quid Pro Que exists in every diplomatic deal, now what POTUS Trump has been accused of would not be normal IMHO, it would be for personal gain which would be wrong. However at this point he is accused of this and so far in all of this testimony not a single witness has testified any proof or first hand knowledge of any event which validates that accusations. We have had, opinions, we have had beliefs, we have had presumptions but we have not had facts. When questioned directly not a single witness has testified that they had any evidence to support the accusations, actually I believe they have all said that they do not.

Now to the planning of the attack.
    While I have no idea what brought these people into the view of LEO's since coming into view and investigation the following facts have been learned. The two have made plans for these attacks written them in their journals, they have purchased arms and ammunition and trained in their use, They have downloaded plans for IED's and purchased components for said IED's including Black Powder, and finally while under investigation one of the two have confessed to their plans.

So under investigation, facts have led to proof and evidence of wrong doing in the terrorism case.

While under investigation, to this point only opinions and personal thought are all that have been provided, no facts or evidence in the POTUS case.

Both cases are being investigated the difference so far is what the investigation has found. If the Toledo investigation had turned up nothing but neighbors saying well I heard that they were doing this, and I think they are planning bad things, and I don't like the way they act and nothing more, they would have never been arrested or charged.
    "The powers of the federal government are enumerated; it can only operate in certain cases; it has legislative powers on defined and limited objects, beyond which it cannot extend its jurisdiction." James Madison 1788

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannons Front For This Useful Post:

MMC (11-21-2019),Rationalist (11-21-2019),Tahuyaman (11-21-2019)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Private Pickle's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,114x in 9,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I don't see that Trump has committed a crime. Every negotiation ever has a quid pro quo hence the nature of negotiation. If you're implying that this particular quid pro quo happens to have a political benefit to Trump I don't think that is something new or even something to be considered an issue.

I think it's pretty ludicrous to imply that a POTUS can't negotiate a quid pro quo if it also happens to benefit him politically. If that were the case then every campaign promise a POTUS intends to keep would be against the law.
    I find your lack of faith...disturbing...

-Darth Vader

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Private Pickle For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (11-22-2019)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pickle View Post
    At this point I don't see that Trump has committed a crime. Every negotiation ever has a quid pro quo hence the nature of negotiation. If you're implying that this particular quid pro quo happens to have a political benefit to Trump I don't think that is something new or even something to be considered an issue.

I think it's pretty ludicrous to imply that a POTUS can't negotiate a quid pro quo if it also happens to benefit him politically. If that were the case then every campaign promise a POTUS intends to keep would be against the law.
    I disagree, the action Trump requested from Ukraine was to announce an investigation into Biden or the money for aid and a WH visit will not happen. Now, we know the money was released, and it just so happened after the WB complaint was given to the IC. That is vastly different than any politician making campaign promises, because those promises are not steeped in illegal behavior. If a politician says they will rob a bank and give the money to his constituents if he won, then you would have a case.

- Jefferson Davis

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,643x in 56,026 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Planning a terrorist attack and mass killing is a criminal act. So far all Trump has proven to have done is conduct foreign policy in a way which differs from his predecessors. That has not yet been made a criminal act.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

bulletbob (11-22-2019),MMC (11-21-2019)

+ Reply to Thread