Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I had to google the word. I really had no idea. But the next time I see a weight lifter with boobs, I'll know he's on steroids!
    I can't imagine why anyone would put that $#@! in their body at this point aside from prescribed pain relief. Maybe back in the 70s and 80s but now the effects are well known.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,512x in 16,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I avoid the woods. When I was about 10-11I used to go to the woods to smoke, plan world domination, drink beer I found in grandads hiding place. I had to go to the restroom one fine day. Well..boys will be boys...guess where I got poison Ivy ?
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would put that $#@! in their body at this point aside from prescribed pain relief. Maybe back in the 70s and 80s but now the effects are well known.
    The only time I've had steroids was for poison ivy that turned systematic very quickly, but that was years ago, and although I was warned about not getting into it again, I have and without such dire results.

For those men who take it to bulk up -- I think they know the dangers -- I just think they feel they have to look a certain way and then they hope they'll beat the odd, health-wise.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only time I've had steroids was for poison ivy that turned systematic very quickly, but that was years ago, and although I was warned about not getting into it again, I have and without such dire results.

For those men who take it to bulk up -- I think they know the dangers -- I just think they feel they have to look a certain way and then they hope they'll beat the odd, health-wise.
    They have their uses. My father had to get a steroid injection in his ankle for gout back in the 70s. From what my mom said he couldn't even get up the stairs to their second floor apartment. Steroids do act very quickly on inflammation. It's an option but I would have to in severe pain and/or immobilized.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-23-2019)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Plantar fasciitis? I've had it twice but I ran through the pain. It's actually pretty common and will eventually go away on its own. Stretching helps a lot.
    A minor case resolves itself.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    A minor case resolves itself.
    The only people I've met who have had a more severe case were overweight. I didn't mention that of course but that seems to be the common denominator for cases where it keeps coming back.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing. I got poison ivy bad when I was at Fort Campbell. It spread into my mouth and into my lungs. I never got it again. But weeks in the field with poison ivy is no vacation.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-24-2019)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,522x in 14,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry. It's "plantar fasciitis," but you can ease it a great deal by wearing one of these when you're lounging around, and especially while you sleep. My sister had it pretty bad but she kept wearing this to bed and it's gone now. She said the worst times were when she first stepped on it after laying down or sitting. But, yes, she did also lose weight.

Thanks. The doctor talked about these contraptions, custom inserts, injections, PT and even surgery. I have heard of this but had no idea it could be chronic. So it's good to know that your sister got hers to go away. i| think mine will too.
    The first few steps are worst but if that was it there would be no big deal. I'm used to that with my arthritic knees. short term furniture walking i call it. Not too bad right now. I was able to chop ice today even a
    fter hunting yesterday. I hope it doesn't get worse now that I'm coming off the prednisone, I have no desire for another heavy course of that.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks , the doctor talked about these contrapitions, injections, custom inserts, PT and even surgery. I had no idea it could be so chronic. It's good to hear that your sister's went away. I think mine will to. The first few steps are worst but if that was it there would be no big deal. I'm used to that with my arthritic knees. short term furniture walking i call it. Not too bad right now. I was able to chop ice today even after hunting yesterday. I hope it doesn't get worse now that I'm coming off the prednisone, I have no desire for another heavy course of that.
    Last edited by donttread; 11-24-2019 at 11:45 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-24-2019)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bulletbob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,639x in 3,469 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    So i have a bad heel. It started on the first day of Muzzle Loader and would not go away. I finally went to a podiatrist and got put on Prednisone and a topical treatment along with more stretches etc. taught stretches . it turns out to be that planter thing I cannot spell, which I never knew could be this severe.
    But it's enough better where I was able to get out in the woods today. Didn't see anything put tracks which are hard to cook. But it was good to be back out there. The heavy dose of steroids has destroyed my continued weight loss efforts for the moment though.
    good luck bagging a deer.

I live in florida now and never deer hunted here to warm plus my health has gotten so bad I can no longer hunt.
    We had farm land in wv and between muzzle loader season pistol season doe season and crop damage permits I regularly killed 7 to 10 deer a year.Or More.
    Some went to my grandfather who was not able to hunt but loved deer meat. and I knew a couple older people who were to old who I would just de bone the meat put in in a box or 2 wrapped up in wax paper and leave on their pouch and knock on the door and leave they were to proud to take it otherwise.did the same with some small game.

+ Reply to Thread