Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11,360x in 7,119 Posts
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloomberg is a chameleon and opportunist and a fraud
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

GROUCHO MARX,

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    atheist4thecause's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 51x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    The media is like this in a large way due to the deregulation that took place in the early 1980's. Today 90% of radio/television/cable stations are owned by 6 or 7 corporations and thus control a vast majority of the media in this country. So whatever their agenda is--political or otherwise--you are stuck with it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/thes...america-2012-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    While generally you are correct, I've found that while they are definitely slanted left, the UK offers a good outsider's perspective of the doings over here.

Now mind you, they are dealing with their own Charlie Foxtrot, so they have become a bit more subdued in their criticism.

Journalism is not what it used to be. They just refuse to acknowledge that fact.
    I actually think media has always been like this to a large extent. There has been a change in the form of media over time so that changes the relationship a little bit, but if you go and look at media decades ago they were using misleading titles to bait people in. It's just that now due to the internet, there is too much competition structured too poorly, and we can see the bait so much easier now. In the past, few would subscribe to every paper, for instance, but now we can go online and see what's being said so much easier.

I don't think the UK is any better with their media tbh. I've watched/read a lot of their stuff from the BBC to LBC to The Sun to many others. There's no reason to put it on a pedestal.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 793x in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atheist4thecause View Post
    I actually think media has always been like this to a large extent. There has been a change in the form of media over time so that changes the relationship a little bit, but if you go and look at media decades ago they were using misleading titles to bait people in. It's just that now due to the internet, there is too much competition structured too poorly, and we can see the bait so much easier now. In the past, few would subscribe to every paper, for instance, but now we can go online and see what's being said so much easier.

I don't think the UK is any better with their media tbh. I've watched/read a lot of their stuff from the BBC to LBC to The Sun to many others. There's no reason to put it on a pedestal.
    I didn't put it on a pedestal. I even noted they were slanted left. However, since they aren't subject to the direct, immediate effects of certain events here in the US, they have a more objective view.
    I never lose.... I either win, or I learn.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 212x in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A candidate does not have to give access to anyone that wants to cover his campaign.
    Many news sources will not be allowed into events because they are smaller ad there is limited amount of space and resources. Bloomberg is a private investment rag whose owner is running in the opposing party primary.

Therefore there is no need for discussion. If the left wing media does not like it then they can stay away as well. After all they are in the tank for whomever the left produces and are propaganda sources not news sources.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,980
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,609x in 9,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question, If, and that's a huge IF, Bloomberg wins the Presidency, will he totally divest himself of all his holdings, especially Bloomberg News ?? If he doesn't, will the emoluments crowd file suit/s ??

+ Reply to Thread