Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    It's not about public health / Safety and you know it. It's only about expanding government and taking more control over our freedoms.
    No, that's not true. Maybe you don't mind contracting some communicable disease, but I do. I gave you my opinion and I stand by it.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Sorry gamewell, but citizens get screeched at if they even suggest not getting vaccines for this that or whatever else the government wants to inject into our bodies, but doesn't seen to bat an eye at the idea illegals are the ones running around with infectious god-knows-what diseases.

The 'illegal' hacking up nasties in the kitchen is one of the reasons we should be making sure that we make life as dissuasive as possible, so they don't want to come here....
    Guess I'm looking at it from a different angle than you are. I'm looking at it from the public health standpoint. Making life as dissuasive as possible will not help prevent someone from infecting others with whatever disease they are carrying since we all know that we'll never completely stop illegals from entering the country.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    The hazards you mention are still present among citizens. There really isn't much to stop any worker (legal or illegal) from handling food with diseases like those. The reason we have lax sanitation laws in some aspects of the food industry has to do with the NRA -- no, not the National Rifle Association -- the other NRA, the National Restaurant Association. They've long lobbied against many safeguards that would apply to this.
    I suppose you could make that argument, however there are still other health issues that are outside of the eateries that negatively impact on Americans/legals/illegals that call for medical care. We should not and cannot ignore that.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    I suppose you could make that argument, however there are still other health issues that are outside of the eateries that negatively impact on Americans/legals/illegals that call for medical care. We should not and cannot ignore that.
    Sure, but before we consider implementing something like a univeral healthcare system, we need to deal with our border issues. If you want to see what happens when you have a socialized medical system and open borders, look at countries such as Sweden, Germany, and France. All of them are having trouble handling the demands of a growing migrant population.

As long as we have caravans of people trying to enter the country from the border, that poses a threat to any public infrastructure. As long as we don't properly control the flow of these people, a public healthcare system will incentivize the entry of these people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (12-06-2019)

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    45 what does you getting some communicable disease have to do with buying health insurance?

It's healthcare.gov time of year again. Premiums are up 10% this year after going up 25% last year for ACA compliant plans. Then it's the joy of finding another doctor this year who will take and ACA insurance policy. The ACA sucks, I mean bad. So what do have in front of us to decide on this year, two dozen Democrats who think Gov't run healthcare is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

From a person with first hand knowledge, the ACA sucks like Romney.

No, that's not true. Maybe you don't mind contracting some communicable disease, but I do. I gave you my opinion and I stand by it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    Sure, but before we consider implementing something like a univeral healthcare system, we need to deal with our border issues. If you want to see what happens when you have a socialized medical system and open borders, look at countries such as Sweden, Germany, and France. All of them are having trouble handling the demands of a growing migrant population.

As long as we have caravans of people trying to enter the country from the border, that poses a threat to any public infrastructure. As long as we don't properly control the flow of these people, a public healthcare system will incentivize the entry of these people.
    I'm not suggesting universal healthcare, however I'm suggesting making healthcare available to those who cannot afford healthcare regardless of status.

While on the topic of healthcare, in Japan everyone has access to healthcare, they do have minor flaws in the system but they are happy with it plus they tend to live longer lives then we do in the US.

https://www.context.org/iclib/ic39/cooptalr/

https://www.livescience.com/7830-hea...ems-japan.html

Canada, in spite of waiting lists for some non-emergency surgery, all have access to emergency and rudimentary healthcare. I know this for fact since a friend of mine suffered a massive heart attack which ultimately required open heart surgery. He did not have to wait on line, was taken right in, stabilized and had the surgery within 48 hours. He spent approximately 2 weeks in the hospital before being released and all at no cost to him.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...181-8/fulltext

I cannot speak for Germany, France nor Sweden; as for the caravan of people illegally entering the country, that is something the politicians will have to deal with. My point is dealing with the immediate issue of medical care.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-05-2019)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not suggesting universal healthcare, however I'm suggesting making healthcare available to those who cannot afford healthcare regardless of status.

While on the topic of healthcare, in Japan everyone has access to healthcare, they do have minor flaws in the system but they are happy with it plus they tend to live longer lives then we do in the US.

https://www.context.org/iclib/ic39/cooptalr/

https://www.livescience.com/7830-hea...ems-japan.html

Japan is also pretty hard to enter in terms of permanent residence. They definitely take a hardline stance on deportation.
    Canada, in spite of waiting lists for some non-emergency surgery, all have access to emergency and rudimentary healthcare. I know this for fact since a friend of mine suffered a massive heart attack which ultimately required open heart surgery. He did not have to wait on line, was taken right in, stabilized and had the surgery within 48 hours. He spent approximately 2 weeks in the hospital before being released and all at no cost to him.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...181-8/fulltext

I cannot speak for Germany, France nor Sweden; as for the caravan of people illegally entering the country, that is something the politicians will have to deal with. My point is dealing with the immediate issue of medical care.
    Canada has the luxury of America being its buffer zone for illegals. They don't border a failed state, and people trying to reach Canada from Mexico have to make their way through the US.

That being said, Canada does have a lot of legal immigrants, but because they are legal, they tend to fit into society far better.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rationalist For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (12-06-2019),gamewell45 (12-05-2019)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,635x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you really believe Democrats are worried about public health / safety?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is this counter culture stuff. I guess I heard Obama say it first a few weeks ago, but what is it?

counter culture.

So culture is traditions, beliefs, norms.
    counter is, 1 + 1 = 2

I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread