Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
Between the time these bills are signed into law and the time that they are overturned by a federal court, how many firearms are actually confiscated? The answer is almost invariably going to be: not one. How many gun shops are going to be actually prohibited from selling those types of guns, ammunition, etc.? Few, if any. Yes, it gripes your ass (as it does mine) to see silly, unconstitutional tripe becoming law, but we have the courts as a remedy.

That's why when certain people accuse judges of "making law from the bench", I always point out that it's a damn good thing they do. It actually isn't so much a matter of making law as it is a matter of correcting those legislators - most of whom would pass any bill you'd care to write if it would get them votes and money - on what the law currently is and how you can't change it on a whim, or to garner popularity with your constituents. I've known attorneys who became legislators and seemed to suddenly forget everything they'd ever been taught about the law. Many of them Republicans, by the way.
Chicago just started in 2016 getting gun stores. The Demos now are doing all they can to make it difficult for Instructors to teach in Chicago and the State. Did you see all the Demos put into the bill that the Demo governor says he will sign?

The Demo Governor in Virginia can mobilize the Guard to confiscate. But there is a catch. The Virginia Guard is part of the Militia.

If Democrats threaten to use the Guard. What does that tell you?

When Democrats start threatening the people. Its time that Democrats are hung from the Tree of Liberty.