Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,522x in 94,383 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gun confiscation comes to Virginia

Elections have consequences. Voter turnout was very low, especially for Repubs. Now they get this.

I am glad I don't have anything to seize.

N
    ext year, Democrats will control both houses of Virginia’s state Legislature as well as its governorship. On November 18, State Sen. Dick Saslaw introduced a bill that he will sponsor in the 2020 legislative session. That bill will outlaw not only the sale or transfer but also the possession of certain firearms.

Saslaw’s bill — SB 16 — provides that “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or transport an assault firearm” and makes such actions a Class 6 felony. (In Virginia, Class 6 felonies are punishable by imprisonment for between one and five years.)
    SB 16 provides that a wide range of center-fire rifles, pistols, and shotguns are included in the definition of to-be illegal firearms:
    1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);
    3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;
    4. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a thumbhole stock; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) the capacity to accept a magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; (v) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned; (vi) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; (vii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a barrel extender, or (d) a forward handgrip; or (viii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (vii);
    5. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material; or
    6. A semi-automatic shotgun that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a thumbhole stock, (iii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the shotgun, (iv) the ability to accept a detachable magazine, (v) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds, or (vi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (v).
    This will outlaw a majority of popular firearms. SCOTUS will kill it; but how many patriots will be jailed prior to that?

Also, local governments are declaring themselves to be 2nd Amendment sanctuaries. So I am not sure if this can be enforced. In Fairfax County there was a County Supervisors meeting for some silly issue. But the hall was packed with patriots who sat in silence for the two hours it took for official business. Then when it was time for public comment it was on: Repeated demands for 2nd Amendment sanctuary status. The Board is all but 1 Dem, so I imagine they were crapping their pants.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (12-05-2019),Collateral Damage (12-06-2019),Rationalist (12-05-2019),Retirednsmilin308 (12-06-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CaveDog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 842x in 468 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dems adopted the 50 state strategy under the leadership of Howard Dean. If they can’t control the Federal government, they will try to implement these policies state by state.
    Make Orwell fiction again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaveDog For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (12-06-2019)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

Elections have consequences. Voter turnout was very low, especially for Repubs. Now they get this.

I am glad I don't have anything to seize.

This will outlaw a majority of popular firearms. SCOTUS will kill it; but how many patriots will be jailed prior to that?

Also, local governments are declaring themselves to be 2nd Amendment sanctuaries. So I am not sure if this can be enforced. In Fairfax County there was a County Supervisors meeting for some silly issue. But the hall was packed with patriots who sat in silence for the two hours it took for official business. Then when it was time for public comment it was on: Repeated demands for 2nd Amendment sanctuary status. The Board is all but 1 Dem, so I imagine they were crapping their pants.
    Virginia sheriffs lining up to support ‘gun sanctuaries ...

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019/12/04/...
    Dec 04, 2019 · Virginia sheriffs lining up to supportgun sanctuaries’ while daring state Democrats to come take their guns. Posted on December 4, 2019 in Activism, Constitution, Gun Control, Second Amendment, U.S. National

We will see if some Democrats are hanged or shot. Then what will the Demos and their Cult following do?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (12-05-2019),Peter1469 (12-05-2019)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crap is going to cause a revolution. That list of firearms means almost everything out there. Of course mine we all lost in the boat accident, but if I had those and lived in VA I would not comply
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-05-2019),Peter1469 (12-05-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SCOTUS should take this case up immediately. Then dash the Demos hopes and dreams.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

Rationalist (12-13-2019)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CaveDog's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 842x in 468 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t even mean most, it means all. Even if the left could wave a magic wand and make all semi-autos disappear, some nitwit would inevitably go on a sniper spree like the DC Sniper case. Then grandpa’s hunting rifle becomes a “sniper rifle”, which must also be banned. A sniper needs only one bullet so logically...all firearms go. As soon as you blame the gun rather than the shooter, the outcome is inevitable.
    Make Orwell fiction again.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CaveDog For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (12-06-2019)

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,450x in 13,505 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    SCOTUS should take this case up immediately. Then dash the Demos hopes and dreams.
    Roberts is unreliable. Best to wait for RBG's replacement. Plus, let Americans see how this plays out.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-14-2019)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Roberts is unreliable. Best to wait for RBG's replacement.

I wonder what happens next after Democrats are harmed intentionally. (besides play victim) Who will they be able to get to do their dirty work?

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album picturesSocial10000 Experience Points
    Rationalist's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,992x in 1,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, any police that try to enforce this in southern Virginia are going to have a very bad time.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,522x in 94,383 Posts
    Mentioned